Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:58

Sign in to follow this  
chronerion

[solved] Ramdisk + DayZRP

Question

chronerion    0

Hello, everything worked fine with Ramdisk but I'm struggling with the shortcut for dayzrp.

Currently I use it like this:

"D:\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=G:\@DayZRP -world=Chernarus

But I get several erros like files are missing and that I can't play on this server because it needs downloadable mission thingy (something like that).

Is anyone else here using ramdisk and might help me out here?

//edit

The errors: http://imgur.com/a/aIZ5G

7 answers to this question

JakeGriffin    0

Fairly certain it's just [email protected] and not what you have. (Unless you actually have your @DayZRP folder located in G:, in that case move it to the Arma2 OA directory.)

chronerion    0

You certainly didn't read my post. I wrote I use ramdisk, which with you create a virtual disk located on your RAM. I moved my DayZRP to this Disk and now I want the game to load the content from there.

JakeGriffin    0

You certainly didn't read my post. I wrote I use ramdisk, which with you create a virtual disk located on your RAM. I moved my DayZRP to this Disk and now I want the game to load the content from there.

I did read the post but you didn't specify to others who don't use Ramdisk that you moved the content. I thought it was a case of your startup parameter was broken and was just trying to help :P

Therefore I don't use ramdisk so I can't help you. It was worth a shot xD

chronerion    0

Yeah, I don't blame you. I added 3 screens of the errors I'm receiving.

//edit

I figured it's not a problem related to the shortcut.

Goz    2

I use ramdisk and arma 2 launcher by alpine stars : http://www.dayzrp.com/t-arma-2-launcher-setup-guide to organise my mods, both in regular arma 2 folder and in ramdisk.

I'm on laptop atm so I can't check how exactly it's setup but basically you must have derped with command line. Try using alpine stars launcher, it's pretty easy to use and automatically adds mods listed in arma 2 oa folder. Allows also to add mods outside oa 2 folder at ease. Works perfectly and you will never need to worry about shortcuts etc.

chronerion    0

Yeah, thank you. I solved it myself by just googling the errors. I came across some site that said simply copy the "AddOns" folder from the Arma2 folder to the Arma2OA folder and that did it.

I might take a look into the arma 2 launcher by alpine stars later this evening.

ApexCrisis    0

I tried copying the folder earlier, but I don't have much HD space atm and the AddOns folder is 8GB?