Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:18

Sign in to follow this  
Gina

Too easy to kill?

Gina    26

After reading these forums for some time now, I am wondering if its too easy to kill others... I mean only thing you need to do is to shout something like "You there! Stop!.. Drop your shit or be dead!... I'll give you 5 seconds!" And most of the times even if the victim does just that, this Wannabe Bandit can shoot and just have some excuse why he still thought that the victim was dangerous.

I do not mean to whine here, its just that after all this is suppose to be Role Playing, and with all respect I do not see how that is role playing so much.

I believe most of these wannabe bandits are new to the server and are just continuing to play as they used to do in normal servers, just adding that little "communication" in it before killing.

Actually in some post i saw someone saying something like "I have 8 kills and only 2 deaths, so im good with it" for me that sounds more like that they are just counting the kills and deaths and not so much interested about role playing :(

I wish there could be some ways to change this. Not complaining here about the big clans who do robberies, they are great :) but something to stop these wannabes.

Guest zer0darknezz   
Guest zer0darknezz

I agree, however sometimes talking to someone for a period before killing them might get in the way of things... If you iniate communication and give orders, he is allowed to shoot... So beware! I've been killed over and over by bandits... And they never KOS'ed me. Wanna-be bandits are a pain in the ass sometimes, but this is something i think we'll have to live with... You can't make someone talk for 3 minutes, just to be able to shoot him... There are plenty of people that disobey the orders and are rightful victims of death himself :P

Gina    26

I agree. When the victim is not obeying, of course he/she will get shot. And also I dont think there needs to be 3 minutes conversation in every robbery.

What I mean is that sometimes this 5 seconds time to comply is not enough, and if the victim is not actually pointing his/her gun up to bandit's face, why not giving some more time to actually drop their shit? But then again I understand that these situations can be quite stressful and trigger finger can get a bit itchy...

Again, I am not complaining against legit bandits :)

Major Tom    78

My friend saw a roadblock not too far ahead of him. He drove through it, and as he was driving away he heard a very faint 'stop!'. Few seconds later, bullets. Totally unfair. How was he supposed to react to that in time?

Sky    1

Not really. Its quite easy, you just have to do as you're told. They have no rights on you if you comply, and if they kill you anyway then they get banned. The reason you're seeing lots of people dying in robberies is because a lot of the newer players aren't used to performing the bandit/victim roles in these scenarios.

I agree with what you're saying about the 5 second timer thing, but you have to remember that most people are still adjusting from KoS servers. Its hard for newcomers to get out of the mentality of 'You're safer if you shoot first', so them taking it in small steps and being a bit rusty in robberies is to be expected.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

I am not bothered if somebody robbed me, I have nothing to give!

Gina    26

I am not bothered being robbed either. Sometimes its just annoying being killed unfairly (in my eyes) :)

But I agree what Sky said, and hopefully they will learn eventually.

Robbin    0

The 8 kills, 2 deaths comment was in a clan post which had nothing to do with robberies. If you're in a clan it is highly likely you will get into combat. You are still allowed to boast if you're doing well then. It wasn't me who said it, but I read the post.

For the rest of this topic: I don't think it's too easy to kill. I've seen several sides of the medallion and know that it is, in fact, very easy to come out of robberies/encounters alive. Of course, a KOS can happen, but you report and move on.

Guest majarky   
Guest majarky

I think that's is what creates the adrenaline, and makes it an rp.

Rolo    0

I agree with most of this, I don't want to sound repulsive but in a zombie apocalypse people would be fighting for survival,they would also have (Maybe) to kill to live, But this is just my opinion

Gina    26

Uhmm... I am not saying that killing in general is bad. Of course there will be that and bandits and generally bad people.

What I was trying to point out in his, was that sometimes it feels like it is too easy for those who are not so interested about roleplaying, to kill with only saying few required words.

I am all fine with being robbed and whatnot :D

DORNER    0

Kill or be killed. At least theres conversation had before you get shot on DayZRP.

Guest Tizi808   
Guest Tizi808

I just hate dying in general.

When you "hate" dying, that's when you get attached to your gear. That's when you curl up in a ball in Trade Post and never step foot out of it. That's not worth it for me. I want action, I enjoy looting all over again. Every other time I die, I find better gear whilst looting up again.

Do not get attached to your gear. Have fun and get a little risky ;)

Sau    0

I believe Nadya's concern is referring to the KoS mentality of bandits. In reference to that I agree that there should be more time allowed to respond to hostile actions if you are simply not doing anything but standing there deciding on the appropriate response for your character.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

...this Wannabe Bandit can shoot and just have some excuse why he still thought that the victim was dangerous...