S1 Kos NWAF 22:00 4-1-17

Server and location:  NWAF tents s1

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  22:00 

Your in game name:  Joffrey Reed

Names of allies involved: Nihooious, Dusty

Name of suspect/s:  Not sure tbh.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  nah

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Nihoo has vid evidence

Detailed description of the events:  I  logged in, excited to start the day!  Nihoo tells me that there are two people on the airfield, and they are compiling a large groups on zombies to take up to our compound, to use to attack it. Which I thought was pretty cool OOC.  

I ran to them and start shooting zombies, as any ration person would, and they yell to me to "Stop shooting zombies!"  I stop shooting the zombies and run to stay ahead of the group of the pack... "Why?!" I ask... "Are these not the undead? Are we making friends with them?"  Or something close to that.. not much is said in return, but that's fine, we run to the northwest side of tests.

"Wait.. are you part of Akrasia?" They ask. "Yes, I respond, I am quite high up in that organization I think".  Then I hear GAS GASS!!!!! and I fall dead.   Awkward...

Nicholas Mann PoV:

So I run into two guys by the northern admin building on the airfield. They tell me they are going to round up an army of zombies to attack the Akrasia compound. I follow allow and Joffrey meets up with us. While we are approaching a break in the wall, I see one of them kill Joffrey and shoot his corpse. At first I thought it was a mistake but once he shot the corpse I realized he did it on purpose for seemingly no reason. I proceed to end him and the other is shot unconscious. 

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
22:40:45 | "Charlie Chaska HIT Dr Karl Schultz by fist into RightArm."
22:40:45 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::50 B::3628 H::4373 HP::0."
22:40:49 | "Charlie Chaska HIT Dr Karl Schultz by fist into LeftArm."
22:40:49 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::50 B::3629 H::4371 HP::0."
22:40:49 | "Dr Karl Schultz HIT Charlie Chaska by fist into head."
22:40:49 | "Charlie Chaska STATUS S::2302.25 B::5000 H::4993 HP::0."
22:40:49 | "Player Charlie Chaska has fallen into unconsciousness."
22:40:49 | "Charlie Chaska has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::5961.08"
22:40:49 | "Dr Karl Schultz HIT Charlie Chaska by fist into head."
22:40:49 | "Charlie Chaska STATUS S::5961.08 B::5000 H::4991 HP::0."

22:43:21 | "Dr Karl Schultz HIT Rio Anderson by fist into LeftArm."
22:43:21 | "Rio Anderson STATUS S::50 B::4704 H::4582 HP::0."
22:43:31 | "Rio Anderson HIT Dr Karl Schultz by fist into head."
22:43:31 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::2006.58 B::3650 H::4369 HP::0."
22:43:31 | "Dr Karl Schultz HIT Rio Anderson by fist into head."
22:43:31 | "Rio Anderson STATUS S::1425.98 B::4704 H::4580 HP::0."
22:43:31 | "Dr Karl Schultz HIT Rio Anderson by fist into head."
22:43:31 | "Rio Anderson STATUS S::1573.71 B::4704 H::4578 HP::0."
22:43:31 | "Rio Anderson HIT Dr Karl Schultz by fist into RightArm."
22:43:31 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::2056.58 B::3650 H::4367 HP::0."
22:43:32 | "Dr Karl Schultz HIT Rio Anderson by fist into RightArm."
22:43:32 | "Rio Anderson STATUS S::1623.71 B::4704 H::4576 HP::0."
22:43:33 | "Rio Anderson HIT Dr Karl Schultz by fist into Chest."
22:43:33 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::2106.58 B::3650 H::4365 HP::0."
22:43:33 | "Rio Anderson HIT Dr Karl Schultz by fist into Chest."
22:43:33 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::2206.58 B::3650 H::4361 HP::0."
22:43:34 | "Player Dr Karl Schultz has fallen into unconsciousness."
22:43:34 | "Dr Karl Schultz has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::5708.8"
22:43:34 | "Rio Anderson HIT Dr Karl Schultz by fist into head."
22:43:34 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::5708.8 B::3650 H::4359 HP::0."

23:21:03 | "Dr Karl Schultz SHOT Joffrey Reed by CZ75 into RightArm."
23:21:03 | "Joffrey Reed STATUS S::500 B::4469 H::4755 HP::0."
23:21:03 | "Player Joffrey Reed has fallen into unconsciousness."
23:21:03 | "Joffrey Reed has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::17833.9"
23:21:03 | "Dr Karl Schultz SHOT Joffrey Reed by CZ75 into head."
23:21:03 | "Joffrey Reed STATUS S::17833.9 B::3969 H::4555 HP::0."
23:21:04 | "Joffrey Reed has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::27551.8"
23:21:04 | "Dr Karl Schultz SHOT Joffrey Reed by CZ75 into Head."
23:21:04 | "Joffrey Reed STATUS S::27551.8 B::3469 H::4355 HP::0."
23:21:11 | "Dr Karl Schultz STARTS BLEEDING."

23:21:53 | "Alex Castal STARTS BLEEDING."
23:22:19 | "Nicholas Mann SHOT Alex Castal by AKM into Chest."
23:22:19 | "Alex Castal STATUS S::2050 B::-540 H::3720 HP::0."
23:22:28 | "Nicholas Mann STARTS BLEEDING."

23:22:33 | "Dr Karl Schultz STOPS BLEEDING."
23:22:49 | "Rio Anderson SHOT Dr Karl Schultz by SVD into leftarm."
23:22:49 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::1448.23 B::3062 H::4099 HP::0."
23:22:49 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::1948.23 B::2562 H::3899 HP::0."
23:22:49 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::2448.23 B::2062 H::3699 HP::0."
23:22:49 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::2948.23 B::1562 H::3499 HP::0."
23:22:49 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::3448.23 B::1062 H::3299 HP::0."
23:22:51 | "Dr Karl Schultz STARTS BLEEDING."
23:22:51 | "Player Dr Karl Schultz has fallen into unconsciousness."
23:24:11 | "Dr Karl Schultz has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::12808.9"
23:24:11 | "Rio Anderson SHOT Dr Karl Schultz by M4A1 into head."
23:24:11 | "Dr Karl Schultz STATUS S::12808.9 B::122 H::3099 HP::0."

Death Logs:

Spoiler
23:21:04 | Player "Joffrey Reed" has been killed by player "Dr Karl Schultz"
23:22:19 | Player "Alex Castal" has been killed by player "Nicholas Mann"
23:24:11 | Player "Dr Karl Schultz" has been killed by player "Rio Anderson"

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
23:13:02 | Player "Joffrey Reed" is connected 
-Dead-
-No Disconnection-

21:01:30 | Player "Charlie Chaska" is connected
-No Disconnection-

21:20:07 | Player "Nicholas Mann" is connected 
23:53:32 | Player "Nicholas Mann" has been disconnected

20:01:24 | Player "Rio Anderson" is connected 
-No Disconnection-

-----------

22:16:38 | Player "Dr Karl Schultz" is connected 
-Dead-
23:24:19 | Player "Dr Karl Schultz" has been disconnected

22:18:49 | Player "Alex Castal" is connected 
-Dead-
-No Disconnection- 

Calling - @Dusty - Charlie Chaska | @ExoticRainbow - Rio Anderson | @secretsquirre - Dr Karl Schultz | @Lexii - Alex Castal | To explain the situation from their point of view's

@Dusty and @ExoticRainbow do you two happen to have video evidence of the situation with Dr Karl Schultz that happened an hour previous to the kill on joffrey? (before situation seen in logs)

Charlie Chaska POV:

I get word that a sketchy guy is lurking in the woods near our compound, sneaking around and trying to get a shot on the compound. 

Hearing that, Exotic and I flank around trying to find the guy in the trees. I get right behind the guy when he takes a shot at someone in the compound. I shoot at him and eventually initiate. 

He complies and we do hostage RP at the compound for about 20 minutes. I then let him go.

Later, I hear from Nihoolious that there are two guys who are trying to round up zombies in the tents to come attack our compound with. Later, I then hear that one of them killed Joffrey for some reason. 

Nihoolious kills them, then we find and kill the other one.

I came in from the North and went past the Akrasian Base. I ask if I could come in and have a quick drink because my character was thirsty. The response I got was, "Fuck Off" or something along the lines of that, so I was like fuck this and head into North West.

I wanted to move down south to the water pump near the southern side of the airfield, However, a guy with a swarm of zombies runs past me and I say, "Can you help me?'. He replied, "I would if I could..." . Then all the zombie go onto me I shoot them and some other comes up and says, 'Hey, that's a lot of zombie or something". So then I said, "Hey friendly, what's up? You've got any water." He says, "Nah.." and then explains that he got robbed by Akrasia. So in game, my character dislikes Akrasia and wanted to get some revenge somehow, so I think up and Idea by demanding access to the water pump in the Akrasian base, but if he couldn't he would round up zombies to attack.

Being stupid I just tell the guy I just met the entire plan and he's like, "Yeah sure" and runs off angering as many zombies as he can. Basically, I gave him my pistol and we were going to cause some trouble with Akrasia. However we met one of the Akrasians and we were somewhat up the hill and I was trying to kill off the zombies because I asked him if he was Akrasian and he said yes, so I knew already that they knew what was up. So I yell out, "Hey man, let's go back to the airfield. But then after he apparently he shot the Akrasian because he said, "Yeah, I am a part of Akrasia." but I didn't know he just killed him and I was trying to kill off the zombies.  I got shot thinking that the guy accidently shot me trying to kill the zombies but apparently the person I just met killed the akrasian, so it tied me with the attack he did on the Akrasian.

Edited by Lexii

I logged in right by Bash mountain and was looking for some PvE. I heard a few zombies, took them out and than proceeded to run around the woods of the prison to see if there were an animals in the area before I left. Curiosity getting the better of me, I decided to approach the front gate of the prison and see if anyone was inside. I was told to go away with a very loud and clear "fuck off." I ran back into the woods trying to get eyes on whoever had just spoken to me with no real luck. At this point I see an animal a few hundred meters directly behind the prison. I pulled out my rangemeter and it said the shot was around 400m. Apparently instead of hitting page up I hit page down and zerod my weapon wrong causing me to accidentally hit the side of the prison building once. Out of no where two dudes open up on me hitting me several times before making any demands (drop your weapon, put your hands in the air etc etc). Only when I felt I couldn't go any further did I surrender on my own without them asking me to. For awhile the entire situation just felt like gear RP. Perhaps as things progressed my opinion on that changed but I'm not 100% convinced either way.

We did some RP, they questioned me, made me pick apples, I challenged one of them to a fight and knocked him out. Than I challenged his partner to a fight and he knocked me out. I picked apples for a few more minutes and than "Charlie" decided it was time to let me go. I made it clear to him in no uncertain terms that I would be back and I was taking a member of Akrasia with me.

Fast forward to me running down to NWAF to attempt to regear a bit and I hear a dude firing off random shots attempting to attract zombies. It gave me an idea and after I was able to catch up to him I spoke to him, asked him if he knew who lived up there on that mountain and it was very clear he was anti-akrasia. We formed a plan to take a bunch of zombies inside the camp to cause chaos. At this point fresh faces start showing up that I really don't trust. Eventually I just straight up asked the guy if he was part of Akrasia and he made a comment about he was a leader or quite high up in that group. At this point I was determined to kill him and did so at my first opportunity.

If I broke any rules I'll gladly take the punishment. Conveniently enough going back to my comment about gearRP, I was killed with weapons identical to the ones they stole off of me maybe an hour earlier.

21 minutes ago, secretsquirre said:

I just straight up asked the guy if he was part of Akrasia and he made a comment about he was a leader or quite high up in that group. At this point I was determined to kill him and did so at my first opportunity.

I mean, why didn't you decide to like.. yell at me, or call me a peice of garbage.. or use words and RP to get across the point, that you despised Akraisians? Why go with the option of straight out gassing me?

-Edit  You've been here for over a year, surely you dont just straight out gas everyone you don't like right away. What was special about this encounter?

Edited by Joffrey

3 minutes ago, Joffrey said:

I mean, why didn't you decide to like.. yell at me, or call me a peice of garbage.. or use words and RP to get across the point, that you despised Akraisians? Why go with the option of straight out gassing me?

-Edit  You've been here for over a year, surely you dont just straight out gas everyone you don't like right away. What was special about this encounter?

You've got a point because anyone who knows how I play would be surprised that I actually killed someone for once. I decided to "straight out gas you" as you said instead of taking the chance of you radioing to your boys and them showing up before we I could do the deed. We were only a few hundred meters from your compound when it went down so that certainly was a realistic outcome and obviously you already had done so but were just a bit too late. Another reason I felt zero hesitation in killing you is I specifically said to Charlie as he was letting me go I would be back to kill him or the first Akrasia I come across. He could have shot me right there and I would have been totally okay with it as it was clear I was threatening not only his life but the life of his group members. He chose not to and you paid the price.

@secretsquirre Well, thanks for explaining the why of it. And thanks for responding so quick. Have a good night/morning (Wherever timezone you are from).

-Edit I don't believe we talked for more than 5 minutes at best. And it was less than 2, maybe 3 sentences. Lets break it down;

I logged into the compound at 23:13, I stayed there for about 3 minutes as I grabbed a gun, and some ammo from tents.

That would put us @ around 23:16.

I hear about the zombie hoard from Nihoo, so I run down to the tents from bash, takes about 2 minutes to do that.. that would put us at 23:18-19.  

so we met, said a few words, and from the moment I got there to when ya shot me would be roughly 2..maybe 3 minutes sice I died at 23:21. Hardly 10-15 minutes.

Edited by Joffrey

Anytime. I'll gladly own up to any rule breaks the staff find but I don't see how KOS applies as we had met at least 10-15 minutes prior to me killing you so by definition that isn't killing on sight. The next possible option would be RDM. I made a very clear IC threat to Charlie that I would come back and kill him or the first Akrasia member I came across meaning this certainly wasn't random a kill.

One more thing I would like to add is that I haven't been playing a lot of DayZ lately public or DayZRP. I was not aware bash mountain was a settlement of a hostile group otherwise I would have chosen a different location for my hunting.

Edited by secretsquirre

Rio Anderson POV:

Dusty and i shoot at a guy who tried to take a shot at our compound.  He starts yelling about how he was just hunting.  Dusty and I after hearing this in the midst of our shooting take the man and proceed to do some sweet hostage rp.  He is then let go and he talks about how he will be back in seven days to kill all of us.  Fast forward a few mins Nihoo find the man and his new found friend amassing a zombie horde to come and attack our compound.  Joffrey and Nihoo and talking to them then Joffrey gets dropped by old hostage.  Friend of old hostage is killed then I kill old hostage.

Verdict:

@secretsquirre [Invalid Kill(Role-Played)]: Guilty.

Explanation:

To recap the situation: @Joffrey logs into NWAF to see two people gathering up a horde of zombies to bring into the Akrasia camp. He runs down to get a better understanding of what's going on when @secretsquirre asks if he is a member of Akrasia. Joffrey states "Yes, I am quite high up in that organization I think" and is immediately gunned down by secretsquirre afterwards.

@secretsquirre While you did have valid Kill rights on the Akrasia members that were present for the hostage situation involving you, you did not have valid kill rights on Joffrey as he was not online or present for the initiation on you, as seen in the logs here:

Spoiler
22:43:34 | "Player Dr Karl Schultz has fallen into unconsciousness."
22:43:34 | "Dr Karl Schultz has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::5708.8"
22:43:34 | "Rio Anderson HIT Dr Karl Schultz by fist into head."

23:13:02 | Player "Joffrey Reed" is connected

23:21:03 | "Dr Karl Schultz SHOT Joffrey Reed by CZ75 into RightArm."
23:21:03 | "Player Joffrey Reed has fallen into unconsciousness."
23:21:03 | "Joffrey Reed has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::17833.9"
23:21:03 | "Dr Karl Schultz SHOT Joffrey Reed by CZ75 into head."

Remember that if you are not 100% sure on who your target is, then you shouldn’t fire. Being taken hostage by them, you should be able to know who was in the situation with you or not. As stated in the rules here:

"Kill on Sight means killing another player without any role play interaction or IC justification. Always confirm your targets in game - if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk a KoS."

Outcome:

@secretsquirre [Invalid Kill (Role-Played)]: Punishment (Three day ban & Ten points).

(Ender & Jade)