Server time: 2017-08-23, 10:11

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Nikolai B.

Sissy infection.

Nikolai B.    0

So, the infection (the one that needs Antibiotics to cure) is kind of a sissy infection. If it's a virus, it's not a very threatening one.

I feel like it's not something to be feared, for much before you will die of coughing, you will either find antibiotics, or a good Samaritan to blood you up until you do.

Point being, I think the infection isnt dangerous enough, and it's consequences are not feared enough.

What can be done to make it more of a danger?

Brainstorm.

Antibiotics only interact with bacterial infections dude.

It's already broken in the RL sense.

Think we discussed this in the past so the infection could affect your vision or cause you to shake periodically.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

I wish if you could get bitten and would have to take antibiotics regularly, otherwise you would turn.

In the Epoch mod you can turn and even call all other infected to your location within 100m. Could be a very large mob sent in on one or two survivors...could be fun but never tried it.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Forced Zombi skin if infected? :D

Yeah :D!

Gina    26

I have tried it in Epoch mod and its fun to be a zombie :D

Bob    0

I wish if you could get bitten and would have to take antibiotics regularly, otherwise you would turn.

Well anti-biotics wouldn't work as some-ones allready said anti-biotics don't work on viruses there is no way to cure a virus that I know of, if you wanted to add to the RP experience you would have to remove the anti-bioticsa and could create some thing like anti-virus which would be easy to do as you could just change the name, picture and model.

Guest ArmoredPillow   
Guest ArmoredPillow

A stronger infection would be pretty cool, harder to fight off more interesting game play.

TrilbyAsh    6

I'd just be happy to be able to pinpoint who has an Infection. I've ended up nomming several boxes of anti-biotics, because no-one could tell who was coughing. xD

Tomeran    3

Im in full agreement. Im generally for almost all things making the survival elements more challenging. Right now its about as challenging to survive a sickness as it is finding a tree in Chernarus.

I'd suggest something like:

- Ten times harder to find antibiotics(yes, ten times. Im not kidding)

- Twice as high damage

- Twice as high infection rate

The civilized world is gone, hygiene as we know it is all but annihilated. Diseases should be feared, and a common cause for death. And medicine? It should be worth its weight in gold. I -think- the devs will reduce antibiotic drops in the next dayzrp patch though, but I dont know that for sure.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Yeah pretty much what Tomeran said. Antibiotics should be much more rare and if you're infected you should die slowly or 'turn' in a way... but then again it sounds weird to me that you are able to cure an infection using just antibiotics if it's the kind of infection that forces you to turn into a zombie.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Friendly medics would probably be robbed more often for their antibiotics.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

At the minute, Antibiotics are more common than AK's. xD

I think the spawning should changed a bit, the amount of AKs there are is incredible, makes sense due to what country the map is in though.

Cid    333

I remember getting infected a week ago, it's pathetic how little it does to you. I agree, it needs to get stronger and as Tomeran said, should be pretty hard to find antibiotics. Maybe not ten times, but still decently hard.

Frayzies    6

Hey, if it's expected that the diseases might be amped up and the antibiotic spawns dropped, I think I see some predatory pricing opportunities, heh...

Stockpile antibiotics now and use them later when they're a valid trade resource. Everyone will be dying of dysentery and you'll have all the ammos you could ever need. :P

Tomeran    3

Isn't the infection you get just a cold?

More like a serious case of the flu, or something similar of a way more sinister nature.

A common cold having you drop blood that fast? Have to be a really deadly cold.

Dont think its suppose to be the zombie virus though. If that could be cured by antibiotics it probably wouldnt be an epidemic.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Cancer.

Murray    6

Cancer.

Classy.

On a serious note, a reduction in antibiotics and increase of the illness severity would be a nice addition.

Wunsleh    10

My opinion would be that zombies have incredible high melee damage. For example; 1 hit not only causes you to lose like 6k blood but would also have 50% infection chance. But to counter such lethality would be to slow their movement speed to lets say walking speed

Skates    0

If we're going on the old Zombie cliche of : "Get bit and you turn" then antibiotics for that makes no sense. I do however feel that if you get shot and the wound doesn't heal properly and gets infected then you are forced to take antibiotics.

Sign in to follow this