Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
mikahjerome

My Backstory! (Feedback Appreciated)

mikahjerome    0

IC Name: Frank Stephens

IC Age: 26

IC Nationality: American

"My name is Frank Stephens I am a 26 year old American from Seattle, Washington. I came to Chernarus in pursuit of a better life for myself. I rented a small apartment in Elektro while I searched for a job. I took a job on the small fishing vessel 'Normandy' as a deckhand. Many of the local business owners were reluctant to give a job to someone with little experience in anything other a high school diploma. Spending most of my time out on the boat I hadn't had much time to meet many people other than my fellow deckhands. We were a small crew of 5 with a captain that any man could respect. Captain Sam Park gave me a job when no one else in town would. You could say I looked up to this man like a father. About a month or so after moving to Chernarus, our boat started having engine trouble so we took her into port. We were given 5 days leave while Captain Park went north to discuss the loss of time out on the water which would inevitably end in a loss in profit. Captain Park had been gone for less than 2 days when the infection hit. The city was to be evacuated, I had no where to go. I had to find Captain park he would know what to do. I grabbed my bag and what supplies I could scavenge and headed North in search of my friend, not knowing if he had fallen victim to the outbreak. All I could do is search and hope for the best."

Mattbro    0

hey, some feed back it says "Many of the local business owners were reluctant to give a job to someone with little experience in anything other a high school diploma." You missed the word than. grammar is a big thing to the GMs :D

// It is short and concise but I think you have a great, unique start to a story there!

This could create some interesting scenarios for you. E.g. searching the lighthouses and islands. Or even looking at the crashed ship North of Berezino.

You can use those for RP interaction or as an in-game mission for you :D

mikahjerome    0

hey, some feed back it says "Many of the local business owners were reluctant to give a job to someone with little experience in anything other a high school diploma." You missed the word than. grammar is a big thing to the GMs :D

Thanks I'll fix that.

Needs to be longer, Imo.

Maybe add some about his childhood and such.

Use this thread to help you:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-what-to-write-in-a-character-bio

Ill look into that! Thanks!

// It is short and concise but I think you have a great, unique start to a story there!

This could create some interesting scenarios for you. E.g. searching the lighthouses and islands. Or even looking at the crashed ship North of Berezino.

You can use those for RP interaction or as an in-game mission for you :D

Thanks. I might go more in depth with a re-write.

Revised Version:

"My name is Frank Stephens I am a 26 year old American from Seattle, Washington. I came to Chernarus in pursuit of a better life for myself. You see, when I was just a kid, maybe 2 or 3, my parents were killed when the convenience store they owned was robbed. This left me to be raised by my Grandmother. She did the best she could raising another child, but my Grandfather died before I was born and she had to work two jobs just to keep food on the table. Needless to say I pretty much grew up alone. I learned to fend for myself without depending on others. When I was a teenager, My Grandmother suffered a heart attack and passed away. This left me completely on my own. No other family, no one to care for me. I was never the smart kid in school, hell; I could barely get passing grades. I decided to quit wasting my time and try my hand at the working world. When I was 17 I made it up to Alaska and found my way onto a Salmon boat. There I learned all the things I would need to make a good fisherman. I worked there for 8 years before leaving to see what else life held for me. That is when I made my way to Chernarus. I had saved enough money to get myself to Elektro and get a place of my own. I rented a small apartment in Elektro while I searched for a job. I took a job on the small fishing vessel 'Normandy' as a deckhand. Many of the local business owners were reluctant to give a job to someone with little experience in anything especially a high school dropout that only know how to do one thing, fish. Spending most of my time out on the boat, I hadn't had much time to meet many people other than my fellow deckhands. To me that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. I have been a loner pretty much all my life and why should now be any different? We were a small crew of 5 with a captain that any man could respect. Captain Sam Park gave me a job when no one else in town would. You could say I looked up to this man like a father. He gave me an opportunity when no one else would. Maybe he was the one person in this world that understood me; maybe I could call him my friend. About a month or so after moving to Chernarus, our boat started having engine trouble so we took her into port. We were given 5 days leave while Captain Park went north to discuss the loss of time out on the water which would inevitably end in a loss in profit. Captain Park had been gone for less than 2 days when the infection hit. The city was to be evacuated, I had nowhere to go. I had to find Captain Park he would know what to do. The one person I felt I could call friend in the world was out there somewhere and it was my job to find him. I grabbed my bag and what supplies I could scavenge and headed North in search of my friend, not knowing if he had fallen victim to the outbreak. All I could do is search and hope for the best."

Sign in to follow this