Server time: 2017-08-17, 02:07

Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

geiger counter and epidemic area

Daniel    2

Maybe we can introduce a new area. Kind of research building which you could enter and find somge high end loot. What you need therefore is a geiger counter and a decontamination suit. Maybe we can also add a lot of military and doctor zeds there. Area should be as big as novy maybe... With some walls around it. In it different kind of tents and deer stands. One hospital as well as one barrack and broken Urals/Uazs

Its just an idea and i cant describe it very well but i bet someone gets what i was thinking about and maybe you guys want to implement that. If i knew how to use arma 2 editor i allready would've used it :D

Toorrik    4

The problem to adding these buildings into Chenarus is getting them to look real. That is the problem with a lot of the maps for DayZ, the maps/towns just don't look like real places.

Problem is there's only a few people who can obtain HAZMAT suits and they are staff and contributors and then only a few people will be able to get in there so it's not really fair on everyone. Also making it so only people with those suits would be hard I imagine.

-KG-    0

Unless say the yellow suit is taken out of the donation shop and set to be found in game instead, only that suit can walk inside the walls, any other clothing will quickly lose health :)

Daring    0

That would actually be really cool.

Maybe even an entire new city with destroyed buildings? As if a nuke hit it

Geiger counters are for radiation... They don't indicate anything to do with an infection.

An Epidemic area would be cool. E.g. a hospital at the North East airfield would be perfect. We could then put up some of the tarpaulin tents around it as some sort of emergency medical facilities. It could also fit into the RP as there are usually some sort of medical facilities set up in airports to act as crisis response areas.

That would actually be really cool.

Maybe even an entire new city with destroyed buildings? As if a nuke hit it

A nuclear device would probably irradiate half or the entirety of Chernarus. Which is a bad idea. There is no mention of radiation in the probable 'Zed Day' infection.

-KG-    0

An Epidemic area would be cool. E.g. a hospital at the North East airfield would be perfect. We could then put up some of the tarpaulin tents around it as some sort of emergency medical facilities. It could also fit into the RP as there are usually some sort of medical facilities set up in airports to act as crisis response areas.

Sure as if we didnt have enough people in TP already...PUT IT ON THE WEST SIDE!

Half of the server only leave TP to grab some food in Krasnostav and weapons at NEAF and then back up there to stand around and annoy people again...

ive seen as many as up to 10 unresponsive players just being afk for long periods of time in TP as well...leave those spots for people who actually wants to play instead!

Sure as if we didnt have enough people in TP already...PUT IT ON THE WEST SIDE!

Half of the server only leave TP to grab some food in Krasnostav and weapons at NEAF and then back up there to stand around and annoy people again...

ive seen as many as up to 10 unresponsive players just being afk for long periods of time in TP as well...leave those spots for people who actually wants to play instead!

Hah too true KG, I suggested there as it seemed pretty empty around there.

In all honesty the Polana airfield would work just as well.

Or we could even introduce another tent camp on the Western side of the map, potentially near Zelenogorsk or Green Mountain to fit the back stories that some people have created.

Daniel    2

I also think One Kind of suit Should be able to find in normal loot spawns. I also think we could rp that the nuclear explosion was far to the west outside of the map and that for example zeleno is the radio active area and only with the suit you can enter there and find middle to high end military weapons :) it would be awesome because we would have a new rp goal we could rp with new background story's and we would have a new danger instead of "only the infection" : )

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

I quite like the idea of radiation, perhaps try implament a thing that if you get exposed you will slowly die after a couple of days, skin will change, all the signs of being exposed, but I'm guessing it would be very hard to add.

Daniel    2

The question is why not ? If we have the chance to diverse us and the chance of a lot of different experiences why not ?:))

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

The question is why not ? If we have the chance to diverse us and the chance of a lot of different experiences why not ?:))

Now that's the attitude we need around here o7!

Bob    0

+1 I like that Idea you could have it some where north of stary where there is absolutely nothing apart from grass and fields :)

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Or in the debug fields?

Blizzard    0

well you could always set bunkers and say the radiation is leaking from them, make the whole thing an event. and all it would mean is thta you would have to "hire" someone with a hazmat to go in for you while you provide overwatch

Vasily Malyy    10

Radiation has no place here dude. None at all, I really don't get why it would even end up in Chernarus. There's no lore for Nuclear Test Sites, Nuclear Power Plants, etc.

No one's going to nuke Chernarus either, I doubt that gov'ts would be able to organize a launch with their entire country being eaten.

Epidemic Area is a good idea. Though it would be cool if it wouldn't have Zombie spawns in the beginning, and it would be like a rule-free TP that couldn't hold vehicles. We could also hold an Invasion Event at it. If Survivors can't hold the Area, Zombies would be galore in the Area. A reason to go there after the Event (assuming the survivors lose) is that there would be high grade military weapons and other supplies left behind by survivors who attempted to flee the Area after noticing the onslaught of Zed encroaching.

Guest Demarcus King   
Guest Demarcus King

There should be a 0.33% chance of looting the suit.

It should be the rarest item in the game.

Hagen    0

chernarus is a backwater country and in my opinion isn't worth nuking.

Mayo    0

I'm still lost why we need a radiation zone?

This isn't S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :S

Agreed. Not every apocalyptic game needs radiation.

Besides, no need to hit Chernarus with nuclear weapons, and radiation doesn't just spring up out of the ground normally.

Radiation has no place here dude. None at all, I really don't get why it would even end up in Chernarus. There's no lore for Nuclear Test Sites, Nuclear Power Plants, etc.

Sign in to follow this