Server time: 2017-10-21, 10:20
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Hyborith

Wasteland Checkpoints

I have an idea people may like. if anyone is up for the job.

taking into account i need to reapply for whitelisting.

anyway heres the plan.

sometimes when we are out and about zombies aggro us and we have to lose them in buildings and so forth. so my idea is to make checkpoints spread across the map with sandbags and whatever else that we can pass that the zeds cant. making small fortresses that players can stop at for such things as picking of the chasing zeds, going for a cuppa tea, having a smoke break.

the disadvantage is being robbed but theses checkpoints are ment as a defence for zombie chasers.

if anyone wants to hear more let me know. i think theses checkpoints might come in handy when you need to get rid of the zombies that followed you from a city or town.

if you can find the checkpoints that is.

also i cant see the bandits destorying these checkpoints out of spit since they themself can put them to use when they have to regear or travel north.

DORNER    0

They go through walls dont they?

I watched one walk right through a pile of debris on the road.

well the general idea is to slow them down or make them go to a complete stop when the player hops over the sandbags/barbwire into the little safezone. 1 allowing ya to pick off the chasing zeds or 2 give you a few mins to refocus.

i got this idea thinking about the old cherno outpost there was holes the zeds could pass but it was still a good defence in breaking the zeds from usain bolting it to ya. dont get me wrong buildings are handy but theses checkpoints are ment for the middle of no where. so you can rid yourself of the chasing zeds without luring more into the pack that started the chase.

al refine the idea as people add to it.

DORNER    0

Ah I see what you mean.

Like a little zig zag maze of sandbags you could go through thatll slow them down.

I really wish the damage would get turned down tho. I dont even wanna go in cities anymore. Might have to loot by robbing people haha

yeaa now your getting the idea. but my idea is more like a box made of sandbags/barbedwire. you hop over the wire. something the zeds cant do and your safe in the middle of no where.

P.S never knew the zed dmg was rised.

hmm if they can just run right thru barbedwire the last hope is sandbags. excluding tents as a blockade since there a poor choice for RP reasons. anyway let me know if sandbags work. if not then al just need to cancel the idea for now

al do a test in the future with 4 sandbags forming a square in an open area and see if my plan works if not al just ditch it.

trial by error