Server time (UTC): 2019-06-20, 14:13
Sign in to follow this  
SkezZHD

Walkie-talkie - How many actually uses it?

I always try to carry a working walkie-talkie with me. I won't use the magical TS radio unless I have one.

First time I turned on my walkie talkie I heard three guys over the radio doing the usual chattin' then a fourth voice came over and said "Hey, sorry to break RP but my game crashed and I am back now." 

They're bugged from me, I can't turn them on for some reason (I've already tried everything to fix it but neh) So I don't use them, but I always have a walkie on my backpack just for immersion when using the radio (ts3)

I Tend to use one every time I play, just to skip through the channels and hoping to hear something. Does anyone know how long does a pristine battery last in usage?

The Heathens group is mainly uses ic radios when ic :) 

I hope playing music in the radio isn't a violation, I happen to play some instrumental tunes in the radio a few weeks back. I did also managed to talk to a person who claims she was in moscow or something XD. 

Never used one and probably never will. I dont trust DayZ enough to relay my comunication on walkie talkies. Maybe in 2-3 years when the game is less broken it could be pretty cool.

Edited by PatZ

9 hours ago, jamicadas22 said:

I hope playing music in the radio isn't a violation, I happen to play some instrumental tunes in the radio a few weeks back. I did also managed to talk to a person who claims she was in moscow or something XD. 

It shouldn't be a violation if your character has any means how to play the music, a battery powered mp3 for example. Remember not to play too new music, as many new songs are made after the infection! As long as it fits the situation, you are good :).

I currently have 2 walkie talkies in my backpack, both with batteries in case I rp with someone and we need to separate but stay in touch. I always prefer to use in-game radios rather than TS when possible.

With the UN IE we adhered to a strict policy of only using in-game radios for all in-game communications. TS was only used for things like "I crashed, I'm bugged, you should try typing because your VOIP is laggy" that sort of thing. All other common stuff was relegated to in-game radios. So much so that we actually had to use radio callsigns for the officers because we didn't want people knowing where Captain Kolinski and Secretary General Fordam were by listening in on the radio. Out typical radio channels were often full of chatter with plenty of military jargon tossed in like

"Raptor Actual with is Wolf-1 do you read? Over."

"Go ahead Wolf-1."

"Raptor Actual My men and I are reporting for our patrol, Gorka is clear and looking to link up with the rest of the unit. What are your orders, sir? Over."

"Wolf-1 proceed to Novy Sobor, canvas the city and question the locals about sightings of these "Akrasia" we've heard about. Pass on your findings to the Intelligence Officer and we will rendezvous with you there in 20 minutes. How copy?"

"Roger that, Raptor Actual. Over and out."

20 hours ago, Uhka said:

I Tend to use one every time I play, just to skip through the channels and hoping to hear something. Does anyone know how long does a pristine battery last in usage?

Supposed to work 3 hours. 

For the one with bugg problem just check your game is in english in steam settings. 

Edited by Ishyra

I usually keep one in my backpack for RP purposes, I think It looks good when you have one. I think a cool feature that should be implemented into DayZ would be to show items you have sticking out of your vest pouches and Pockets, Kind of like Arma 3 where you can see the radio on your vest.

I'll occasionally use one and scan to frequencies looking for random RP.  I'm not sure If they still work completely like they used to. But about a year or so ago I've used walkie talkies as traps and methods of getting someone's attention to mindf*ck them lol. You could turn them on and leave them somewhere, say in the middle of the road, or in a backpack on a frequency and then hide in the bushes with another and use them call to people passing by. They could hear it as if it's someone talking within proximity to them and most of the time it would make them stop and induce some good conversations... or make them an easy target in some cases lol.

I used to only use radios with @Steck and @Mikey in The Heathens V1

(yes there was a V1. No whitenames)

We used them in the Pagans aswell. (We tried to anyway?) it helps keep your immersion intact. (Until some whitenames asks you.for 5.56 that is)

For quite some time ago, I got my hands on a radio and when I was going through the frequencies I heard someone talking; It was some guy playing music and talking about the different things that was happening with the groups that was up at that time. So every time I get a radio I go through the frequencies hoping to hear him again. Was amazing B|

I've never have, and likely never will use a Walkie-Talkie in DayZ. It isn't interesting, and the one experience I've had around one was some super-edgy kid being extremely edgy and cliche to my buddy Xero (o7) who had one, and basically doing and saying shit which would've gotten him points had he posted in the Radio Chatter thread. 

I also think he tried to fucking initiate on us through the radio? I don't remember, I didn't have the radio.

tried using one past few days, until it got taken off me when i got took hostage.

Didn't really hear anyone except one person who was by some airfield, but he was worried about 'angels' and we think he died.

Was interesting for sure.

Used a walkie yesterday and surprisingly got to talk to some guy that I think had gotten himself into some trouble around Green Mountain. 

I always keep one on me and spare batteries. Randomly, I'll usually call on the default frequency and see if anyone will reply to my message. I suppose its a luck thing if someone else is listening too. Thank god the most recent patches increased the range of the walkie-talkies to shit tonne!!

I always carry one aswell, and when I'm bored, I just go through frequency and checking if there is someone on the other side of that frequency. Just yesterday, I was talking with a trader from Kabanino (Possibly @Bubbles?) (I was Jake). 

It's always fun. I know that like 2 weeks ago, @Jack_De_Loux was broadcasting music and stuff and it was great. Dunno if he still does it.

32 minutes ago, Simatho said:

I always carry one aswell, and when I'm bored, I just go through frequency and checking if there is someone on the other side of that frequency. Just yesterday, I was talking with a trader from Kabanino (Possibly @Bubbles?) (I was Jake). 

It's always fun. I know that like 2 weeks ago, @Jack_De_Loux was broadcasting music and stuff and it was great. Dunno if he still does it.

Not me, but it's nice to hear that someone is using them :)

I sometimes stream the VoIP Guitar Play over it at occasional times, but most of the time I use TS for radioing

@Bubbles I might start doing it again PM me a bunch of songs (Must be 2014 and below)