Server time: 2017-10-22, 15:25
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
MattScoped

too big?

MattScoped    0

is there such thing as too big of a background?? like can i make it too long and get rejected for it?

Bogdan    0

No sir. Rolle has said himself it's better for it to be too much rather than too little.

MattScoped    0

ok well its my last chance to get in and i hope it gives who ever reads it a tear of sadness and joy

Sky    1

I would imagine so, yes. I don't know if there is a limit as such, but Admins have to process a ton of these per day, so they can't spend too long on each. I'd say 3-5 decent sized paragraphs is probably ideal.

two main things to address:

Presentation: We aren't grammar nazi's, but to play on this server requires you to be able to communicate (reports, roleplaying etc) with some level of competency. Make sure your spelling and grammar is of a decent level, and for the love of god, paragraph your story.

Content: We don't expect novel level storytelling, however, cliche characters and plot lines generally won't cut it. Try and be creative, put a little bit of time into coming up with an interesting backstory for your character.

MattScoped    0

i like to think i have a great imagination but my grama isnt the best and thats whats kind of holding me back also being my last chance to get in i know it has to be perfect :(

Oh well, your

grama

need to be pretty good, try to triple check it if possible. ;)

Guest Zainin   
Guest Zainin
my grama isnt the best and thats whats kind of holding me back

Try to use Google and spellcheck, re-read yourself, and just do your best.

MattScoped    0

yea thats what im doing so it looks smick as atleast whitelist opening is like 19hours away so im set lol

chronerion    0

I noticed a software limit for the background. I had a background with around 1800words(about 7000 characters) and the input window of the whitelist wasn't capable of it.

Bogdan    0

Many people only do 3-5 paragraphs so i would limit it if possible, give other people a chance to get whitelisted also.

MattScoped    0

ok well my background isnt too big i got it posted in the RP part of the forums if any1 could have a look at it and give me advice?? any help would be very helpful thanks :)

Rolle    2968

8000 characters is the limit for the bio, 4000 for the "about you" field.

Wren    0

8000 characters is the limit for the bio, 4000 for the "about you" field.

Thanks for posting the exact amount. Now I know how much to take out now rather than later. :)