Server time: 2019-03-18, 14:29 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Viking

What has this come to?

I mean lets be real it was just a nugget, I don't think points were necessary. Now I get there's been frustrations with staff and the community in general, which all built up to this mass perma-suicide. I don't feel like this is solely just staffs fault, but I do feel like it mostly began with staff. Over the last year it's pretty obvious the staff team has gotten a lot weaker, not saying that the staff we have now are shit, but you can sense the lack of motivation for the team over the last while, which I feel can kill a lot of community members motivation for this place as well. If you're a staff member you gotta really want to make this place better, don't just be in it for the rank, but be in it because you care about this place and the amazing RP and friendships that can come out of it. This is just the internet, but this is also a place where thousands of people have interacted and created stories.

The only way this place will work is if us as a community and the staff team work together to focus on the main thing we're all here for, the RP. Pointing out issues is good if you do it in a productive way, but pointing out issues that aren't really issues just because you can, is not. Let's just stop making everything so personal, play the game and lets figure issues out as a community productively. I agree with anyone else who said that actually speaking to one another on TS really does solve issues, if we were all more open to that stuff I think it could really help.

@Rabbit

There have been plenty of times where I have disagreed with Rolle or even staff on certain decisions.  I'm sorry that you think that me agreeing with someone's decision/opinion on something makes me some sort of silly robot, but it doesn't.  It simply means that I agree with their decision or their opinion.  I've seen Rolle do wrong.  I've seen this staff team do wrong.  I've commented on it as well.  If I agreed with your opinion, would that make me some insane Rabbitbot?  No.

@Volke + @Castiel

Take it for what you want, but despite it being just a fucking chicken nugget if I was looking at DayZRP on one of my breaks at my last workplace and a manager saw me looking at that image, I would have been talked to about it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, NSFW is very subjective; what is considered NSFW in an office job may not be considered NSFW to a construction company.  And Volke, no.  I don't think that someone should get perm'd by a chicken nugget shaped like a penis, I think they should get warned for it.  And he did.  Not staff's fault he was on final warning.  That's on him.

As others have said, whether it is your opinion in support of what happened or not in support of what happened, the best we can do at this point is move forward from the situation.  That's what the staff is currently trying to do.

Edited by Cid
words

2 minutes ago, Cid said:

Take it for what you want, but despite it being just a fucking chicken nugget if I was looking at DayZRP on one of my breaks at my last workplace and a manager saw me looking at that image, I would have been talked to about it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, NSFW is very subjective; what is considered NSFW in an office job may not be considered NSFW to a construction company.  And Volke, no.  I don't think that someone should get perm'd by a chicken nugget shaped like a penis, I think they should get warned for it.  And he did.  Not staff's fault he was on final warning.  That's on him.

People need to lighten the fuck up. Something like that isn't flaming, insulting, mean, or obscene. Some might find it in poor taste, but taste is subjective! There are plenty of things posted here that are NSFW that aren't considered rule-breaking. Just because somebody doesn't find something funny, doesn't mean it needs warning points. Half the time I feel staff has divulged into policing personalities over actually having a standard for warning. 

16 minutes ago, Cid said:

Snip

The idea that anyone thinks the chicken ban was at all justified boggles my mind.

People need to lighten the fuck up^ agreed.

Edited by Rabbit

12 minutes ago, Cid said:

@Volke + @Castiel

I still can't get behind this logic

I've said it before and I'll say it again, unless you are in the intros thread you are more than likely in a NSFW zone.

If you started watching a clip of some robbing someone and telling them to "put their fucking hands up" that by your standards would likely also be NSFW yet we arent going to punish people for posting their content.

So where does the line get drawn, how is NSFW classified.  To be perfectly honest I think its a bullshit classification that should be removed as it clearly has no actual bearing on this community.

Personally, myself I've never seen someone being shot in the head.  Yet we deem the violence in the servers just fine.  

But a chicken nugget shaped like a dick?  Ban away apparently.

Apparently that shit don't fly.

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

People need to lighten the fuck up. Something like that isn't flaming, insulting, mean, or obscene. Some might find it in poor taste, but taste is subjective! There are plenty of things posted here that are NSFW that aren't considered rule-breaking. Just because somebody doesn't find something funny, doesn't mean it needs warning points. Half the time I feel staff has divulged into policing personalities over actually having a standard for warning. 

Don't think it was a matter of it being funny or not either, more over following the rules in the community.

Just now, Rabbit said:

The idea that anyone thinks the chicken ban was at all justified boggles my mind.

The idea that anyone thinks that the ban was entirely because of the chicken boggles my mind.

1 minute ago, Cid said:

The idea that anyone thinks that the ban was entirely because of the chicken boggles my mind.

Initially it was, but you are also very correct in saying that what followed afterwards was, very very point worthy and in that case bannable.

But the nugget did fuel the fire thats for sure.

Just now, Cid said:

Didn't know you had one.

Regardless, 3 points for a chicken nugget in a form of a penis is ridiculous.

The way that I look at all of this?

Today is Saturday - the server is 60/60 with a waiting line to get in

Let Rolle and staff put out the announcements as mentioned and lets move the hell on

Dwelling on the past wont accomplish anything; we've all read what happened to Humpty Dumpty ¬¬

Just now, Buddy said:

Dwelling on the past wont accomplish anything; we've all read what happened to Humpty Dumpty ¬¬

So go forward like nothing happened?

Im sorry Buddy, I realize you are trying to be optimistic but something needs to be changed and discussing it is the only way to do that.

Forgetting about what happened on March 1st would be a grave mistake for the community.

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I still can't get behind this logic

I've said it before and I'll say it again, unless you are in the intros thread you are more than likely in a NSFW zone.

If you started watching a clip of some robbing someone and telling them to "put their fucking hands up" that by your standards would likely also be NSFW yet we arent going to punish people for posting their content.

So where does the line get drawn, how is NSFW classified.  To be perfectly honest I think its a bullshit classification that should be removed as it clearly has no actual bearing on this community.

Personally, myself I've never seen someone being shot in the head.  Yet we deem the violence in the servers just fine.  

But a chicken nugget shaped like a dick?  Ban away apparently.

Apparently that shit don't fly.

I can understand that.  Why police NSFW content when the game we play and the community we are in is based off of a game that is clearly not for a younger audience?  As I have said before, NSFW is very subjective and what some people may deem as NSFW others may deem perfectly acceptable.  It kind of reminds me of the whole case by case thing we got going here, which also doesn't work all that very well as seen from the past.  At the same time, we can't expect Rolle to list every little thing that he would deem NSFW to the community.

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Initially it was, but you are also very correct in saying that what followed afterwards was, very very point worthy and in that case bannable.

But the nugget did fuel the fire thats for sure.

I suppose I just don't see it that way.

The thing that surprises me the most though is why people would classify things on a game forum dedicated to a game about a zombie apocalypse with cannabalism NSFW and why people would be viewing these forums at work in the first place... You're getting paid to do your job not post on a gaming community. If you're doing that you deserve to get in trouble with your boss...

Overtly sexual stuff i can understand but a chicken nugget in a humorous shape is a bit of an overreaction...

Edited by Hamakaze

As an adult with a full time job, and as a member of this community, I know when to log onto this site when at work and when it would be best sticking with Yahoo.  This is another time when common sense should be used.  I know the rule about NSFW, but come on.  If you're at work surfing the forums on DayZRP, that's the risk you run and chance you take.  

18 minutes ago, Kat said:

As an adult with a full time job, and as a member of this community, I know when to log onto this site when at work and when it would be best sticking with Yahoo.  This is another time when common sense should be used.  I know the rule about NSFW, but come on.  If you're at work surfing the forums on DayZRP, that's the risk you run and chance you take.  

Yup, exactly. Even then, if Staff deem something as potentially NSFW - why not add a spoiler or simply hide the post? It's not hurting anybody, just make it not immediately visible upon opening a thread and everyone is happy. No need for points.

20 minutes ago, Kat said:

To a certain extent, yeah. I draw the line at some things, but yeah, it's always a risk you take. I mean, just being on the forums during working hours is a risk in itself.

Guest Roach
2 hours ago, Buddy said:

The way that I look at all of this?

Today is Saturday - the server is 60/60 with a waiting line to get in

Let Rolle and staff put out the announcements as mentioned and lets move the hell on

Thank you, Buddy. Thank you.

I've already moved on. Not picking sides, I will just play/RP cause that's what I am here for above all.
What happened was too bad for all parties (both staff and members). It shall never be forgotten. But let's just move on.

All this over PIXELS. Can you believe it? All this over something that should be a game, not politics.

Sometimes I wonder what life on DAYZRP would be like if we only had a report function for rule breaks.
No fancy profiles, no status, no topics/forums. Just a bunch of people that get on to roleplay IG and that's it. 

Fuck! Life would be easier.

12 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Yup, exactly. Even then, if Staff deem something as potentially NSFW - why not add a spoiler or simply hide the post? It's not hurting anybody, just make it not immediately visible upon opening a thread and everyone is happy. No need for points.

This. 100% this. Because at the end of the day, if people scroll through a thread, and see something NSFW, then hey, they cannot get offended. Obviously there still needs to be lines drawn for I think obvious reasons.

Times have obviously changed, each and its own era and style.

I wasn't personally really involved with all this situation around, I do see the point at the guy's side, and obviously am aware of all this ongoing situation... But I am more than certain the staff are working hard and trying to keep shit in order,

I do believe as well that something in the community has changed. Something that we all didn't pick up yet, and it influences us by different ways (This is one of those).

Changes gotta be made, although where? and how...

Let DayZRP Survive.

8 minutes ago, Roach said:

Thank you, Buddy. Thank you.

I've already moved on. 

Sometimes I wonder what life on DAYZRP would be like if we only had a report function for rule breaks.

So no media threads then Roach?  

Guest Roach
Just now, Brad said:

So no media threads then Roach?  

At this point, I wouldn't even mind lol If it meant better days without salt and drama etc. then take it away.

uhm, what's NSFW? I get what it stands for, but I haven't a clue what it means in context to DayZRP. Could someone explain?

1 hour ago, Great Khan said:

uhm, what's NSFW? I get what it stands for, but I haven't a clue what it means in context to DayZRP. Could someone explain?

If you post a picture of a chicken nugget that looks phallic, you get banned.

1 hour ago, Roach said:

No fancy profiles, no status, no topics/forums. Just a bunch of people that get on to roleplay IG and that's it. 

I wonder this all the time :)

you guys should harbor those 100+ players in a clan until the staff notice and ban you all.

/throwback/