Server time: 2018-09-26, 09:39

Sign in to follow this  
Nihoolious

What We Can Do

It is a shame my brother but where the fallen die their ashes shall spawn new life

1 minute ago, Nihoolious said:

To the staff team and Rolle, look at the catalyst for this mass suicide. This all started because Mamba and Rampage were making jokes you saw as "offensive." Now look at the mess you have to clean up.

If it's NSFW, it's NSFW.  Plain and simple.

Is this the part of the movie were we learn from our mistakes, put aside our diffrences and come togther as a family again?

..I hope so :(

Edited by Luckydente

4 minutes ago, Cid said:

But they were just thumbs. 

I agree with everything you said here. I dropped a meme on my status update, and I regret that. Oh well. I'm staying for the same reasons. Time, money, and friends. Just remember them for the good they did, and not the way they went out I guess. Good to see you trying to make a positive out of this situation Nihoolious. 

I don't know... Stuff.

23 minutes ago, Cid said:

I didn't know that a chicken nugget was NSFW. 

Everything that echo posted, before the stuff that actually got him permed, was SFW and not offensive. 

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

I didn't know that a chicken nugget was NSFW. 

Everything that echo posted, before the stuff that actually got him permed, was SFW and not offensive. 

And the chicken nugget was in the shape of?

It was more of a general statement rather than a specific.

+1 to this man, we really need to stick together. Really looking forward to the days when the development picks up i'd personally love to see basebuilding. I don't see the point in turning on each other all its going to do is drive the community into the ground. I think a lot of people forget the time and effort the staff put into the servers/site and going against them isn't gonna solve any issues, let the staff deal with their side of things and us as players can concentrate on the community side of things

This was honestly all just a giant zit waiting to pop; it was going to happen eventually. Maybe not in the fashion that it should have, but it certainly cleared the air for a lot of people. 

We need to move forward and look to progression and the longevity of the community.

Give it a few weeks. nobody will be talking about this before long.

Move forward! 

+1 nihoolious

this shit is getting real fucking old, real fast. 

It also seems that we're not interested in keeping some of our most valuable community members.

32 minutes ago, Cid said:

That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard since this all started with a picture of Jimmy.  ::shakes head::  Cid stop fanning flames my dude. please.

4 minutes ago, Cid said:

And the chicken nugget was in the shape of?

It was more of a general statement rather than a specific.

The shape of a penis. But at the end of the day, it's a fucking chicken nugget lmao 

If that's considered offensive to people here then this place must be a fuckin blizzard with the amount of special snowflakes there are.

90% of the shit that goes on here is NSFW.  There's no way I could watch a dayzrp video at work.  

Since when did we stop being a community that could handle a little bit of mature content.

Throwing a weather front that just happens to look like a johnson, a kids thumb that looks like a dick, and some dude getting felt up over his pants, should never have resulted in points.  It was harmless and on a status update.

The meme of no fun allowed has become a reality.

I've been around longer than most and I've seen a lot of stuff over the last four years. What happened today, while not common, does happen occasionally. I can understand that people are upset when 'known members of the community' jump ship. However, like I've said I've been around a while and the majority of the player base has completely changed since I took my two year break. None of my old friends play and a lot of the big shots from two years ago are gone as well for one reason or another. People will always become prominent for some time and then slip away. It just happens. As long as the servers stay funded this server will continue chugging along until Rolle ends it and hopefully I'll be here for the entire ride. For now people are still donating and I'm still seeing numerous introduction  threads on a daily basis. I have loved my time here during the good times and the bad times and I never dreaded loading up steam to play some DayZRP.

dont see any way this community will go back to what it once was just today alone i dare say that a lot of the people that placed the fundamental bricks for the first year of the Lore with the family and all that are now gone. Gonna be honest with the remaining "relevant" people in this community i don't really see anyone that can pull of something as big, as dominating and most of all as fun as the family days were, but oh well what do i know. prove me wrong, please.

The shape of a penis. But at the end of the day, it's a fucking chicken nugget lmao 

If that's considered offensive to people here then this place must be a fuckin blizzard with the amount of special snowflakes there are.

Way too many snowflakes, tbh...

People need to put aside the thought of BeanZ being some type of dick measurement.

Just now, Winslow said:

That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard since this all started with a picture of Jimmy.  ::shakes head::  Cid stop fanning flames my dude. please.

Not dumb at all.  Although this is still supposed to be a community, it does have a bit more of a business standpoint.  If someone doesn't want NSFW stuff on their website then it isn't going to be supported.  I guess I don't realize that thinking into the matter would be fanning the flames, Joe.

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I bolded the important part.  NSFW.  Rolle doesn't want NSFW images on his website.  Not a matter of offensive or not, it's just NSFW.

People think that this place is a safe space and they need to understand that NO WHERE on the internet is a safe space...

The world is a fucked up place and the internet is 10x worse. Grow up and just stop being offended by stuff said over the internet.

Yeah exactly,

Like, was your mother killed by a chicken nugget or something? How is a big deal to post a picture of it on the forums? Many things are shaped in the form of a fucking dick, life's funny that way.

It's called a double take meme, if I'm correct. There rather popular, and SFW.

40 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

I don't know if you've looked, but we aren't getting any new players. Instead of trying to change the rules to cater towards new customers, how about you stop alienating the people that already play on here, already gave their money and time and still want to support DayZRP before they jump ship and you have no playerbase left.

100% agree with this. After everything contributed, I feel like people are taken away too easily.  The people in the community, make the community.