Server time: 2018-09-25, 10:00

Sign in to follow this  
Nihoolious

What We Can Do

4 minutes ago, Fialova said:

I think it's kinda sad that this community just lost over 60 valuable members and Rolle doesn't even care.  Do you not care about who's been contributing and spending their time on YOUR server? If 60+ members were the main cause of toxicity, then basically your entire community could be considered toxic. It frustrates me that there is absolutely no care in the world that these people are gone. BEST rpers of the year, mvps, tycoons, former staff: your main cause of toxicity? 

what the actual fuck

Why is it so hard to believe that these individuals who have in the last two days posted disgusting content, basically stalked and harassed other members of the community, shitposted on the forums and were given multiple warnings beforehand are not the problem? Just because they won a community poll for best of the year or paid a lot of money for website perks? Their title? Have you seen what they posted? These people have shown their true colors and intentions towards this community and due to the way they left, I do not feel one bit sorry because they are gone.

I just woke up to see a bunch of friends killed them selves.. Nice. Even the creator of this thread that was staying. Hope is diminishing for me folks.

1 minute ago, Rolle said:

Why is it so hard to believe that these individuals who have in the last two days posted disgusting content, basically stalked and harassed other members of the community, shitposted on the forums and were given multiple warnings beforehand are not the problem? Just because they won a community poll for best of the year or paid a lot of money for website perks? Their title? Have you seen what they posted? These people have shown their true colors and intentions towards this community and due to the way they left, I do not feel one bit sorry because they are gone.

I understand trying to focus on their good aspects that they have had, but I can't help but agree with you here.  Just because they are/were good roleplayers, won awards, were loved by many, etc. doesn't mean that they didn't just show their asses, proved that they were incredibly toxic, and how much they really cared about this place.

Why worry about toxic individuals?  Move past them, try and better this place.  Better the attitude, better the roleplay, actually make this community the mature community that it is supposed to be.

1 minute ago, Rolle said:

Their intentions were change. They are doing this because the lack of CHANGE. When your entire community dwindles because of this, then what? They're sick and tired of the harsh and unnecessarily strict rules. This is a protest. Every single member here can be accused of something, and you stated previous "more importantly, fun." How are people going to be fun if they are constantly shut down by these rules? Things between friends = ban? I get the way they went out, I personally do not condone, but these people, your community, they weren't bad people.

1 minute ago, Fialova said:

Their intentions were change. They are doing this because the lack of CHANGE. When your entire community dwindles because of this, then what? They're sick and tired of the harsh and unnecessarily strict rules. This is a protest. Every single member here can be accused of something, and you stated previous "more importantly, fun." How are people going to be fun if they are constantly shut down by these rules? Things between friends = ban? I get the way they went out, I personally do not condone, but these people, your community, they weren't bad people.

Then if one does not want to participate in a gaming community one does not like, there's a button in the top right corner of the screen with a cross on it. It's as simple as that. One is not forced to post pictures of dead babies because one does not agree with imaginary warning points on a website on the Internet.

DayZRP has never been and never will be for everyone. Some people will love it, some will hate it. This protest as you call it has achieved nothing for them, in fact, it only made them look like assholes and proved my point that setting the rules and enforcing them as we have done was the right move to get rid of people who clearly don't enjoy being here and their priorities do not lay in role play or good behavior. So for me, it is mission accomplished, we can start rebuilding with new members who can focus on role play and fun while still being mature and respectful about it.

I don't mean to be rude, but where are we expected to get these new players, it is not like people have been flooding into the server the last few months

6 minutes ago, Shroud said:

I don't mean to be rude, but where are we expected to get these new players, it is not like people have been flooding into the server the last few months

We've always had a big wave of new and old people whenever there is a big patch or famous streamer/youtuber creating content. People usually start dropping and going inactive when the patch gets stale. Same thing happens pretty much in every game.

minutes ago, Fialova said:

It's dwindling and he's killing the community and doesn't even recognize it.

I highly doubt that. It has basically become a meme that "RP IS DED". People always run to the town square and start yelling that when it gets quiet.

Edited by Hagger

3 minutes ago, Shroud said:

It's dwindling and he's killing the community and doesn't even recognize it.

7 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Then if one does not want to participate in a gaming community one does not like, there's a button in the top right corner of the screen with a cross on it. It's as simple as that. One is not forced to post pictures of dead babies because one does not agree with imaginary warning points on a website on the Internet.

DayZRP has never been and never will be for everyone. Some people will love it, some will hate it. This protest as you call it has achieved nothing for them, in fact, it only made them look like assholes and proved my point that setting the rules and enforcing them as we have done was the right move to get rid of people who clearly don't enjoy being here and their priorities do not lay in role play or good behavior. So for me, it is mission accomplished, we can start rebuilding with new members who can focus on role play and fun while still being mature and respectful about it.

..Uhm, did you ever think about why they went out like assholes?

You can't be telling me "No there all just bad at rp and children." When you most litterly lost 'Roleplayer of the year' 

I dont understand why you think losing most active members is a fresh start or a good thing. Honestly you just come off as ignorant, denying every post that this did nothing and everything is fine. Seriously you come off as insanly prentious in this, and almost thread my eyes have seen. Honestly if I was a newcomer and saw that the owners philosophy was "My rule or gtfo" I would immedntly turn away.

it's easy to shift blame and label people as "tumors" and state they're the *ONLY* ones at fault rather than taking a look at what *could* be altered in management. :)

I don't think things are as black and white as some would make them out to be and as fucked up and tragic as all of this is, its core isn't in "shitposting" and I don't think that a dick-shaped nugget caused all of this - this is something that has been boiling inside people for a while.

If you look past the Ad Hominem attacks on staff and shitposts that were designed to intentionally get the poster banned, you can obviously see that such a movement goes deeper than that - so it's always good to verify both sides and see that there must be a reason for why 60+ people -whose contributions held the community together- would leave in this way.

They left on their own terms and were technically the ones who permabanned DayzRP itself.

oh and R.I.P Loremasters 

Edited by Loops

Rolle you've gone on record dropping the N word in chats.  Those same chats have had people permabanned for dropping the n word,  I just see it being ironic that you want to make this a safe place yet exchange in toxicity yourself.  It wasn't that long ago that you were in chats with these "scum" chatting on the daily.  Idk man, I guess these announcements are going to be big -  I'm curious and hopeful of the change in the community to make it well...fun again for myself.

I may not have gotten along with every permabanned member but I really do feel sorry Rolle that you can only remember them for their departure and not for the good things they did. Shame :( 

Edited by Volke

The past is history, the future is a mystery, The present is a gift and what we can do now is,

Subscribe to  Dan Backslide for un-problematic memes

Some of the leaving comments went to far.  Made me a little nauseous.  However, I was watched over the past 4-5 months as most of these people made suggestions and offered help and brought up inconsistencies only to be called "salty ex-staff" and the get permabanned.  I'm not saying that some of the suggestions were done in a hostile tone, but they were done in an effort to make this a more stable community.  The Staff Feedback thread was a great place at one time to point out terrific work done by the staff, but also a place to bring up concerns and questions.  At some point, staff started taking these concerns & suggestions as personal attacks and it became a back and forth mess.  Then it really did become an avenue to attack verdicts and staff members.  But nothing was happening except for a lot of lip service.  Frustration built up over a long period of time and exploded yesterday.  This wasn't about a phallic piece of chicken, that was just the last straw.  Well, that and the fact that one of the staff members decided to try to play both sides of the fence.  They had enough.  Do I think they went about it all wrong?  Hell yes.  There are much more effective ways to get your point across than being as ass.  But, I'm not in their shoes...

It's very obvious that there is a spectrum of views in this community. People know what common sense is, correct? 

Perma-banning someone for posting a chicken nugget is ridiculous, and it was so ridiculous that this happened. Was it a good point to make? Na not really. It was incredibly hurtful to some nice people in this community. People that I saw as friends showed a never before seen side that was very dark. No, I'm not talking about the nazi memes and calling people fat. I'm talking about wishing that children died. Yes they did great things for the community, but we should remember the ones that just left without a fuss. Like Blitz. Great RPer and he just asked to be permanently banned I believe. 

Look at The Who's online list, and you'll see that there is still a lot of awesome people here that can become that "RPer of the year."

My point is that we need to move on. @Rolle I hope that you can make something out of this. Good luck and utilize Staggs.

People just need to chill out.

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Good luck and utilize Staggs.

I keked.

7 hours ago, Jack the Ripper said:

When I say "try harder" I mean in regards to RP in general. People have been saying for the past few months now, and it's been getting worse, that RP as of late has been stale and uninspired for the most part, and I think a lot of that has to do with what Riggsee said about meming and general lame ass shit-talking IG in a desperate attempt for people to gain recognition and become more "relevant."

For example, in 2015 and even some of 2016 (from my experience at least) encountering people in-game usually consisted of some really good RP, but if people tried to do the same shit now, people would label it as "Cringy", "Edgy", "Try-hardy" etc. But even though it kinda WAS all of that, it was FUN, and everyone was doing it so nobody gave a shit. They put in 110% into RP, and though it was over-the-top and a little cringe-worthy looking back, it was still seriously fun. Now people are just dismissive when people try and act over-the-top, rather than how they used to be encouraged to do it by responding to it. I was looking at some old radio threads recently and I could SEE the difference between how people acted then and how they act now. 

This is a community dedicated to ROLEPLAY, and if the ROLEPLAY goes down the shitter, then the community, and it's members will go down as well. Plain and simple.

I agree, sorry if it seems like i was coming at your statement, I guess i was just trying to point out that we have a lot we need to fix.

6 hours ago, Caesar said:

s willing to change my stance based on solid reasoning presented to me. You must have been reading another post. Because I said I am even sympathetic to changing the NSFW rule, and have said as much in several locations now.

I misread the comment then, my bad Ceasar :) 

58 minutes ago, Shroud said:

The same way as always, organic search traffic, external links, videos, streams etc.

53 minutes ago, Luckydente said:

You can't be telling me "No there all just bad at rp and children." When you most litterly lost 'Roleplayer of the year' 

I dont understand why you think losing most active members is a fresh start or a good thing. Honestly you just come off as ignorant, denying every post that this did nothing and everything is fine. Seriously you come off as insanly prentious in this, and almost thread my eyes have seen. Honestly if I was a newcomer and saw that the owners philosophy was "My rule or gtfo" I would immedntly turn away.

I know why they did it, but the reason doesn't in any way justify the way they did it. Sorry if I come across ignorant. I'm not happy that we lost experienced members, but I'm not sad either due to the way they left. Most of communities run in the same way as this one - they have rules they decided upon and they enforce it the way they want their community to run. People who like the way community functions or how the rules work in that particular community can join. If they don't, they keep searching elsewhere. "My rule or gtfo" is a rather big oversimplification.

51 minutes ago, Loops said:

it's easy to shift blame and label people as "tumors" and state they're the *ONLY* ones at fault rather than taking a look at what *could* be altered in management. :)

I don't think things are as black and white as some would make them out to be and as fucked up and tragic as all of this is, its core isn't in "shitposting" and I don't think that a dick-shaped nugget caused all of this - this is something that has been boiling inside people for a while.

If you look past the Ad Hominem attacks on staff and shitposts that were designed to intentionally get the poster banned, you can obviously see that such a movement goes deeper than that - so it's always good to verify both sides and see that there must be a reason for why 60+ people -whose contributions held the community together- would leave in this way.

They left on their own terms and were technically the ones who permabanned DayzRP itself.

oh and R.I.P Loremasters 

They left because they didn't like it here. That's fine, nobody is forced to stay here if they don't like it. I'm sure they can find another community where they can shitpost, break rules, ignore the owner and shit on staff team as much as they desire. DayZRP is doing just fine without them, notice how nothing has changed? The forums are still active, there are people playing on the server, the staff team is still here to enforce the rules.

46 minutes ago, Volke said:

Rolle you've gone on record dropping the N word in chats.  Those same chats have had people permabanned for dropping the n word,  I just see it being ironic that you want to make this a safe place yet exchange in toxicity yourself.  It wasn't that long ago that you were in chats with these "scum" chatting on the daily.  Idk man, I guess these announcements are going to be big -  I'm curious and hopeful of the change in the community to make it well...fun again for myself.

I may not have gotten along with every permabanned member but I really do feel sorry Rolle that you can only remember them for their departure and not for the good things they did. Shame :( 

I don't remember dropping N word in chats? Can you remind me? When was I in chats with these people? Over a year ago for a few weeks? And I left afterwards.

The announcement isn't going to be big, just some adjustments to the current situation as well as some rule fixes.

5 hours ago, Marcoooz said:

Yeah, context. Was speaking of banning more because everyone and their mother know that there are people that should or should have been banned forever ago. Whitenames, (perfectly aware that I am technically a whitename if you want to point that out, since I never threw my money in) or people pushing the boundaries constantly either for a laugh or to somehow "rebel" against the rules. Did I point fingers? No. Did I mean some people? No, I meant a lot of people. Not just the banter brigade, not just this and that. Did I word it wrong, yeah most likely considering the huge backlash but it was still just an opinion.

Now get off my back for having an opinion about a certain matter that involved certain people.

How you word things has a great impact on how people perceive and react to you.

1 hour ago, Fialova said:

I think it's kinda sad that this community just lost over 60 valuable members and Rolle doesn't even care.  Do you not care about who's been contributing and spending their time on YOUR server? If 60+ members were the main cause of toxicity, then basically your entire community could be considered toxic. It frustrates me that there is absolutely no care in the world that these people are gone. BEST rpers of the year, mvps, tycoons, former staff: your main cause of toxicity? 

what the actual fuck

While those that were banned aren't the entire community, it is safe to say they had a very large presence. I agree with you entirely, I find it sad that these people are being tossed aside by the admin in such away.

what they actual fuck indeed

1 hour ago, Rolle said:

They would not have done that had Mamba not been banned for a very stupid reason. They did that shit because they didn't care anymore, not because all of that was boiling inside and they were just waiting to lash out at those people. (my pov, so i can't say for sure.)

Everyone has opinion, some positive some negative. Some time those negative opinions can be harsh, so are you saying that are opinions make up who we are or something? If so that is way too simplistic.

The way I see it these people were fed up with this community and so they looked for something that would get them a surefire ban and they saw something and used it.

1 minute ago, King Box said:

How you word things has a great impact on how people perceive and react to you.

I've read through my own posts on this thread as well as the responses I got. (not counting the worthless flaming) After doing so, I realised that perhaps I should have pointed fingers since people clearly don't care if what I say is opinions on the bans or low-key flaming toward members; and for those who still don't get it, I can confirm that my intentions were the former, not the latter. Opinions.

And even if it was worded a little aggressively or like it's targeting certain people, it should not have been enough to get people so worked up about it. I shall state my opinion once more, the one that started the whole backlash, this time a little differently, aggressively or not.

In my opinion, the ones that got banned were the mess that Nihoolious mentioned. Those who get banned in this community decide to push the boundaries too much and therefore get punished for it, which is nothing to complain about even if it included a close friend of yours. If it is not justified, then staff will revoke the points or bans or whatever that was given. And yes, I still firmly believe that there is still a mess that is waiting to be wiped, but it will happen in due time. It's all just a time-bomb.

Even worded like this, I did not target people directly, however I could do that perfectly fine if I wanted to. Have I flamed them? No. Have I tried roasting them in any way? No. Have I pointed out that I think their bans were justified? Yes, because things they did were (in my opinion) enough for a ban.

Also... How you react and act upon posts on the internet has a great impact of how people perceive and react to your tolerance and low temper. (not aimed at you, King Box, but to those going batshit crazy at my post.)

If Caesar hadn't wrongfully banned Mamba these people would all still be here. This happened because their friend was banned for something pathetic and they were angry and fed up. You can't brush it off as nothing, this is a huge loss to the community and quality of roleplay on the servers.

1 hour ago, Rolle said:

While you are right, you seem to giving a big "fuck you" to their opinions.

Shit like that is what destroys things.

I could create a game, and then when people give their opinions on it I could go "fuck you, it is my game, if you don't like it play something else" and so while I wouldn't be wrong I would most definitely lose my player base. and as you can see, that is exactly what is happening to this community.

20 minutes ago, Rolle said:

I don't remember dropping N word in chats? Can you remind me? When was I in chats with these people? Over a year ago for a few weeks? And I left afterwards.

The announcement isn't going to be big, just some adjustments to the current situation as well as some rule fixes.

Ain't looking to get slayed but, I was there If you'd like a pm I can probably check the vaults for it if you want a direct quote.

You did leave though after being told to? maybe probably no?

Will say I have no problems with you personally roleplayed with you I guess I could say recently with Jimmy it was a laugh but you seem to be flip floppin' around like you don't know what you really want but I don't know anything man I just play games

1 hour ago, Luckydente said:

My thoughts exactly

8 minutes ago, Marcoooz said:

Also... How you react and act upon posts on the internet has a great impact of how people perceive and react to your tolerance and low temper. (not aimed at you, King Box, but to those going batshit crazy at my post.)

Tis' true also

11 minutes ago, Castiel said:

If Caesar hadn't wrongfully banned Mamba these people would all still be here. This happened because their friend was banned for something pathetic and they were angry and fed up. You can't brush it off as nothing, this is a huge loss to the community and quality of roleplay on the servers.

Sorry but, a lot of the people going on the mass-suicide bus named Banhammer Express flamed the shit out of some members, posting nazi videos and what-not, and I even saw some ballsacks here and there. (like why the fuck) You're saying that Caesar doing something he thought was right is a justified reason for all these people to do the things I mentioned, and possibly more? If they are immature enough to take it out on the rest of the community in such a manner, why blame Caesar for their actions? He might be their reason to do it, but don't blame the poor bastard for their immature actions.

If Mamba was wrongfully banned or not, I won't go into, but this can't be a single person's fault. If I misunderstood your post, I apologise, but otherwise I'd really like to know why Caesar deserves the blame.

Edited by Marcoooz