Jump to content
Server time: 2019-02-24, 06:12 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
SirGunman

Not Cool!

Recommended Posts

This may sound like a report in this brief rant, but I suppose there's no way to provide evidence to find out whoever is behind all this.

 

I am a member of a group who currently crashed somewhere with our own legion of tents and supplies. It's still going great! So in the middle of the night, I logged on to see what's up in the ol' neighbourhood and I find something disappointing. Our tents were packed up and those which had countless items were left out on the ground, left to despawn. Thankfully everything was saved except for an SVD but obviously that didn't despawn so early, did it?

 

I just need to go ahead and say how not cool that was whoever did that, this wasn't some fail roleplay, it was simply someone exploiting the game mechanics in an attempt to essentially troll my group. Something that I did not expect on a whitelist roleplay server.

 

Some in my group have a few ideas who could've done this but all I can think of is... If I was the leader of a rival group to your group and I found out where you were based? I wouldn't dream of doing something like that to my fellow roleplayer.

 

Thank you all for reading. I hope this raises awareness of the kind of people that some how make their way into the server.

Edited by SirGunman

Share this post


Link to post

It's a real shame stuff like this happens. All it does it put people off playing and demotivates people and what is a community currently going through a rough patch things like this really tick me off. I'm with you on this rant, I've come across tents stacked with stuff before and I didn't take a dime. I know that you can but I'd rather not as I wouldn't like it if it happened to me and I'd much rather RP and earn some of the loot rather than just damn right troll people and make them feel like shit

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Saunders said:

It's a real shame stuff like this happens. All it does it put people off playing and demotivates people and what is a community currently going through a rough patch things like this really tick me off. I'm with you on this rant, I've come across tents stacked with stuff before and I didn't take a dime. I know that you can but I'd rather not as I wouldn't like it if it happened to me and I'd much rather RP and earn some of the loot rather than just damn right troll people and make them feel like shit

Yeah, I could sense my motivation for this server went from high to...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4826060/wile-e-coyote-fall-o.gif

But roleplay is something I've always enjoyed so in truth, I was hardly deterred, but understood the frustration it would cause to anyone. Got asked by a player IC "what happened here?" (this server is so unforgiving when you're in the middle of messing up OOC, haha) I replied that a storm hit and everything got wrecked.

Share this post


Link to post

I think what's not cool is bitching about  your gear. 

Edited by Rampage

Share this post


Link to post

ICly if I knew that I'd found a rival groups stash, I'd fuck that shit up and take what my char wanted. Why would I let them keep it?

16 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I've come across tents stacked with stuff before and I didn't take a dime

You're a star for not pinching stuff but don't be angry if people don't follow suite. 

Share this post


Link to post

hide ur shit better

you don't need your SVD to roleplay, do ya chap?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Daddy said:

ICly if I knew that I'd found a rival groups stash, I'd fuck that shit up and take what my char wanted. Why would I let them keep it?

You're a star for not pinching stuff but don't be angry if people don't follow suite. 

Like I said I wouldn't do it because I'd rather RP the situation to get the supplies and it's not in my characters nature to steal unless he really needs to. Nobody has yet to find my camp, but If they did and it was ramsacked I wouldn't give shits tbh, I'm here for the RP not the gear ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I'm with you on this rant

 

8 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Nobody has yet to find my camp, but If they did and it was ramsacked I wouldn't give shits tbh

???

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Daddy said:

 

???

By that I meant I understand his rant. I think he'd much rather be stolen from then having his tent taken down and the stuff dropped just to abuse game mechanics. Getting stolen from is a completely different thing to people dropping all the stuff for the sake of it knowing it's going to despawn

Edited by Saunders

Share this post


Link to post

Ooooooooooooooh god I just love how people need gear to RP now... You gotta love it boys.

On a level, don't rant about gear on the forums, you look like -snip- someone who is salty and only cares about gear in game, and honestly you look bad right now in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, SirGunman said:

Thank you all for reading. I hope this raises awareness of the kind of people that some how make their way into the server.

If anything, it will make people want to rob your stuff more because it got this sort of you reaction... I mean, if you're playing a super soldier... I get it... You need your M4 (Although half of players who have M4'S don't even use them to PVP) and full military gear to survive... I get that but come on man... You make yourself look bad and your group look bad when you do stuff like this. 

 

1 hour ago, SirGunman said:

Thankfully everything was saved except for an SVD but obviously that didn't despawn so early, did it?

. Something that I did not expect on a whitelist roleplay server.

Oh my god... That is just... Since when did you need one of the rarest guns in game to RP...

Sort it out lad, don't be doing this again. 

Edited by Beni

Share this post


Link to post

I could understand if both parties had multiple hostilities with one another but I agree that its a dick move when people fuck with someone's camp purely for a trololol. The gear I wouldn't personally worry about as I think this game is still piss easy on that aspect and shouldn't take you long to replace but the only tip I would give would be to place any valuables in barrels far away as they are much easier to hide.

Share this post


Link to post

Camps burn, gear gets stolen, people move. Like Shark said, it happens.

It's a shame that your hard work was trampled but, if you have gear, people will come in and steal it while you're logged, intentionally or otherwise, and then there's nothing you can really do. Move or defend it, you've got 18 tents to defend, no wonder you're a target.

Share this post


Link to post

If you don't want your shit ransacked don't make enemies. I would recommend logging out with the shit you don't want stolen but then again you don't need gear to roleplay. 

Share this post


Link to post

For every camp that gets found by myself, I think ''Take what you can, give nothing back''

As your camp is more of a stash hub for you weapons food etc and in a realism aspect of things you need to think what would someone starving and lacking in bullets do in my shoes, you see a successful camp doing better than yourself but those people will also now start hunting you, would you leave an SVD m4 or any form of weapons and food behind so they could be successful in their mission or burn it to the ground? 

Note:
I am not saying people that do it for the lol's and jokes are okay in doing so as that is a form of griefing but if done correctly you should expect maybe a few tents left behind, if you leave it unguarded.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lukzo2024 said:

If you don't want your shit ransacked don't make enemies. I would recommend logging out with the shit you don't want stolen but then again you don't need gear to roleplay. 

Enemies mean nothing, everyone steals in the apocalypse. 

Share this post


Link to post

Shit happens man, it's not the end of the world but people will continue to ransack when they see fit and they're completely in the rules to do so. 

Hide your tents better or keep important stuff well hidden. It's not like you can't get stuff back pretty easily.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Rampage said:

I think what's not cool is bitching about  your gear. 

 

11 hours ago, Cipher said:

hide ur shit better

you don't need your SVD to roleplay, do ya chap?

 

10 hours ago, Beni said:

Ooooooooooooooh god I just love how people need gear to RP now... You gotta love it boys.

On a level, don't rant about gear on the forums, you look like -snip- someone who is salty and only cares about gear in game, and honestly you look bad right now in my eyes. 

I think some people here have mistake my coming to this OP. I really took this all on the chin and roleplayed this out (as mentioned in my reply to Saunders). I would be happy if they took the rest of the legion of loot and the SVD with them because "thank goodness, someone can continue my group's hoarding."

The only thing I am disappointed with is that we got people simply, intently attempting to despawn anyone's items for the lols on a whitelisted roleplay server.

Edited by SirGunman

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SirGunman said:

 

 

I think some people here have mistake my coming to this OP. I really took this all on the chin and roleplayed this out (as mentioned in my reply to Saunders). I would be happy if they took the rest of the legion of loot with them because "thank goodness, someone can continue my group's hoarding."

The only thing I am disappointed is that we got people simply, intently attempting to despawn anyone's items for the lols on a whitelisted roleplay server.

If you do have clear evidence of this and know who did it. Then it is greifing and a reportable offence. You have to catch them red handed or you have no case. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Charlo said:

If you do have clear evidence of this and know who did it. Then it is greifing and a reportable offence. You have to catch them red handed or you have no case. 

I didn't get my hopes up on making a case, considering that you can't really find this kind of stuff on logs. You'd really have to be there and record a video or take images. I posted this OP with that in mind, and to simply let people know that this stuff is happening to people, rather than any roleplay or it's rules being acknowledged.

Troll awareness in short.

Edited by SirGunman

Share this post


Link to post

I would have packed your shit up and then called some others to help me take it all it is survival and if i have to fuck up some other dudes day to get more shit i need i will just saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, WeeMan said:

I would have packed your shit up and then called some others to help me take it all it is survival and if i have to fuck up some other dudes day to get more shit i need i will just saying. 

I'm not the leader of my group, but if you ask me, I wouldn't let some despawn troll force me to a corner to roleplay.

Share this post


Link to post

It always pisses me off when someone intenitonally try's to despawn all your gear. It's frustrating. But what I did to fix this issue was to just stop making stashes all together. Every single time I made a stash and it got raided, I would get really mad. So my solution was to stop all together. 

You can play on this server without top of the line gear. And you don't need a stash if you have a group. 

Share this post


Link to post

Well its been a few months since we last had one of these threads, expected it come come sooner tbh. Like I say every time, you don't need gear to role play. And when it is so easy to come across there is no excuse to get pissy about it, especially on the forums.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

Well its been a few months since we last had one of these threads, expected it come come sooner tbh. Like I say every time, you don't need gear to role play. And when it is so easy to come across there is no excuse to get pissy about it, especially on the forums.

I'll refer back to one of my previous posts.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...