Jump to content
Server time: 2017-09-21, 23:03

Rolle

Server 2 change

Recommended Posts

Unknown Entity    126
45 minutes ago, angry_skipper said:

Closing S2 isn't going to encourage growth, people will get frustrated, and go to other RP communities. If you want to really encourage growth, establish S2 as a trade hub, or farming settlement, something. Again,  PREDECTIVE information.

1

So having a safe server is better then getting people to play on the same server? Nah. Every camp fire RPer would flock to S2, leaving S1 for pvp and banter. That's not what DayZRP needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Poro    0
2 hours ago, angry_skipper said:

-snip-

I think splitting the community even more is the last this we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cipher    0
3 hours ago, angry_skipper said:

Closing S2 isn't going to encourage growth, people will get frustrated, and go to other RP communities. If you want to really encourage growth, establish S2 as a trade hub, or farming settlement, something. Again,  PREDECTIVE information.

lmao, i can tell you from experience that is untrue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
snertdog1    0

just kinda off putting when you finally have time to play but the queue is 20 deep. I mean if theres hadly anyone on it and its paid till june, then whats the harm in it being open really? just my thoughts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GreekGodx    139

I am used to the queue, I have experienced queues of 100 people on Rust, so this is light work for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keira    1376

So the server closes and suddenly everyone wants to start playing again..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krackerman    17
3 hours ago, uSx said:

So having a safe server is better then getting people to play on the same server? Nah. Every camp fire RPer would flock to S2, leaving S1 for pvp and banter. That's not what DayZRP needs.

So everyone would be happy then? Sounds good to me - bring back s2 as a PvE only and let the RP roll....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mental    0
4 hours ago, angry_skipper said:

Beyond that, there is a small group of people, mostly who play bandit / troll RP continuously patting each other on the back, driving up S1 pop, so they can be more bandity / trolly to others, and always, ALWAYS use rule armor when brought up in reports.

This has nothing to do with which server people play on, but more-so what playstyle they are feeling that day.

4 minutes ago, Krackerman said:

So everyone would be happy then? Sounds good to me - bring back s2 as a PvE only and let the RP roll....

Oh god not this again. No, we are never having a PVE server, ever.

44 minutes ago, Keira said:

So the server closes and suddenly everyone wants to start playing again..

That's essentially how this works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   585
7 minutes ago, Krackerman said:

So everyone would be happy then? Sounds good to me - bring back s2 as a PvE only and let the RP roll....

plz no. We're role-playing a zombie apocalypse, you think that people wouldn't fight eachother in a real apocalypse?

1 hour ago, snertdog1 said:

just kinda off putting when you finally have time to play but the queue is 20 deep. I mean if theres hadly anyone on it and its paid till june, then whats the harm in it being open really? just my thoughts. 

Agreed.

As long as S1 has a queue, S2 should be opened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mental    0
41 minutes ago, Kevin said:

As long as S1 has a queue, S2 should be opened.

That's how its working now, as long as we know what the queue size is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unknown Entity    126
11 hours ago, Krackerman said:

So everyone would be happy then? Sounds good to me - bring back s2 as a PvE only and let the RP roll....

No.

Campfire RPers will get bored after a while, sure a nice safe haven where you can talk about your backstory in peace might be cool for 10 minutes, after that it will be extremely boring.

Secondly, for the PVPers out there, they also enjoy RPing. Even with the campfire guys. However, if it's just hostile group against hostile group, people will get bored and hop on pubs or battlefield.

All in all no safe zones or PVE server should never exist. We've had safe zones in the past, and they were shit. Separate the community even more is a sure death of these servers, especially since they're not doing the best right now.

Suck it up, and learn to RP with hostile people, otherwise, the environment and lore you are provided is useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10Lives    2

By the time summer comes, the need for a second server would probably be coming back. I struggle being active in game at the moment because only like 10 people are online when I'm allowed to play (I work grave shift 5 days a week, including weekends)

But I hope this causes for an increased population during the times I can play so I can enjoy some dank rp.

Edited by 10Lives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well untill s2 or s3 is back up i can not play for those that think you can play this game 300+ ping you really cant  the desync is horrible actions take up to a second later . untill next time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Charlo    0
11 minutes ago, HoshiSveerna said:

well untill s2 or s3 is back up i can not play for those that think you can play this game 300+ ping you really cant  the desync is horrible actions take up to a second later . untill next time 

I hate to be that guy, but you can. I have lots of friends from Australia that have 3/400+ ping connecting to S1 and they make it happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hebee    2489
5 hours ago, HoshiSveerna said:

well untill s2 or s3 is back up i can not play for those that think you can play this game 300+ ping you really cant  the desync is horrible actions take up to a second later . untill next time 

Bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   585
4 hours ago, HoshiSveerna said:

well untill s2 or s3 is back up i can not play for those that think you can play this game 300+ ping you really cant  the desync is horrible actions take up to a second later . untill next time 

We'll probably have the second server up by summer. I am curious as to how you have such difficulty with the server, myself, and most others don't have any issues with it.

o7 I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rolle    2732

Bump. Same situation as in the OP. We want to increase the population density and with current population and the hype from patch 0.62 and lore wipe dissipating we cannot possibly fill two servers. Despite DayZRP finances doing good, it's hard to justify paying 100€ every month for a server that is empty 95% of the time. S2 expires some time on 5th September, so please move your stuff over to S1 if you want to keep it. Should things change in the future we can bring it back at moments notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darion    135

Why are we shutting down S2 when everyone plays there. Makes much more sense to get rid of S1 since everyone's camps and bases  is on S2 where everyone plays anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rolle    2732
10 minutes ago, Darion said:

Why are we shutting down S2 when everyone plays there. Makes much more sense to get rid of S1 since everyone's camps and bases  is on S2 where everyone plays anyway

Can't get rid of S1, that's our master server with advanced DDoS protection that is paid 6 months at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Razareth    254

If I may add my two cents here.

As stated by numerous members in posts above. There are a lot of reasons to keep both S1 and S2 going.

Apart from providing a buffer as not to sit in 30+ queues. The duel servers also provide a more pleasant experience for users such as myself who have potato internet. I get a Latency of 240 on S1 and 360 on S2. Though it might not make a huge difference. There are limitations when dealing with such latency.

I'm rather shackled to not play on S2 when I've exceeded my monthly Soft Cap and have also found that driving vehicles on S1 is a far more pleasant experience then on S2.

If we are going to be only using one server for the foreseeable future then I'd personally recommend the S1 EU server as I believe it provides a rather better balance of latency for all community members.

However this is just my personal opinion on the matter and what will be done is of course up to the people that actually keep the lights running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darion    135
5 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Can't get rid of S1, that's our master server with advanced DDoS protection that is paid 6 months at a time.

Ok, Gotcha.. Thanks for the clarification.

5 minutes ago, Razareth said:

If I may add my two cents here.

As stated by numerous members in posts above. There are a lot of reasons to keep both S1 and S2 going.

Apart from providing a buffer as not to sit in 30+ queues. The duel servers also provide a more pleasant experience for users such as myself who have potato internet. I get a Latency of 240 on S1 and 360 on S2. Though it might not make a huge difference. There are limitations when dealing with such latency.

I'm rather shackled to not play on S2 when I've exceeded my monthly Soft Cap and have also found that driving vehicles on S1 is a far more pleasant experience then on S2.

If we are going to be only using one server for the foreseeable future then I'd personally recommend the S1 EU server as I believe it provides a rather better balance of latency for all community members.

However this is just my personal opinion on the matter and what will be done is of course up to the people that actually keep the lights running.

This is my problem as well on s2 is 60-65 ping for me while s1 is 200-250 ping  that is a big difference. Game already has enough issues as is so i am not  looking forward to going to one server that is going to change my experience on a noticeable scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ramon    359

@Rolle, I totally understand that one server is almost empty all the time and that it is a waste of money. @Razareth has a point with the 30+ queues, especially on the weekends.
Also, don't forget that when the 0.63/BETA update a lot of people will return to DayZ and that you will have a lot of new whitelists for the community.
( At least that is what I think ) Is it not a good idea to have 30 slot/person server as an S2?

Edited by Ramon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spartan    1162
10 minutes ago, Ramon said:

Also, don't forget that when the 0.63/BETA update a lot of people will return to DayZ and that you will have a lot of new whitelists for the community.

If the amount of players increases we can just get S2 back. It doesn't take long to do so and we have done so in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ninja    189

I don't see why some make a huge deal out of this, just move your stuff over to S1, it is not difficult, this has happened before and it wont be a problem to bring S2 back if needs be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voodoo    451

Makes sense, there isn't enough players to keep both open, even S2 is barely full now.

If 0.63 isnt out soon it might not be worth even having an S1.

#bringbackthemod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×