Server time (UTC): 2020-01-23, 00:33 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Lyaria

Journal of Kelsie Abrahms

The following is taken from the journal of Kelsie Abrahms and can be taken as IC information if you take possession or read it through RP

(Upon opening the journal you would find a message written to herself in permanent marker upon the cover)

Your name is Kelsie Abrahms and I know you must be terrified right now. You wrote this in case you awoke with no memories one day. It will be okay…each day you add something new and record the events that happened so you can try to remember. It seems to help.

You have anterograde amnesia after taking a bullet to the back of your skull. If you are reaching back there now you will feel where it happened. You have medicine that you take daily. It will have further instructions inside the bottle. If you do not take your medicine the symptoms only seem to worsen so please do. Your ability to retain new memories is fleeting at best. If you have started to loose all memory of the past and are reading this now in confusion then just remember that you are never alone. God will continue to provide for you.

Danya is the dog who will either be by your side or appear soon. He is never far. There is another page with all of the commands he knows and instructions on how to use the dog whistle about your neck to properly give them.

The world is no longer safe. You are living in the end of times and must stay strong. Before this you were a missionary and traveled the world spreading the word of god with your family. Now the dead walk among the living like zombies from a horror film. You must hunt for your own food and always be cautious of others. People who remain will do anything themselves to survive. Never forget that.

Earmarked section

You may not remember me in the morning but I met you in Grishino and invited you to come stay with me. We have plenty of empty houses. Just tired of living here alone that’s all.

- Gabriel Fox

(Scribbled in almost unintelligible handwriting rather quickly)

I met a man today that despite his looks and the way he speaks was very kindhearted. Danya led me to him and I have this feeling it will not be last I see of him. We are neighbors across this airfield and he kept getting frustrated at me for being out here all alone. I do not think he understands that I am never alone. God walks by me and guides us through all of our trials. I wish I could have shared more of the Lord’s word with him but the people surrounding him were not very receptive. No one tried to harm me but I could see that my words meant nothing to them. The deafened themselves to the truth like so many others have as the end of times but as a messenger of God I know I must remain stalwart and not give up. Perhaps if I were to take him up on this offer of a new home I could start a new ministry in this Grishino. When looking around I did see an old church that could serve well. Though I am still uncertain of how receptive the people of this country will be to the word of God I know I must not give up. One can never succeed if they do not first try.

(Written in flowing cursive)

Day 4

Danya keeps running off so be sure to keep your whistle close by

The Airfield is more dangerous than you first realized. Lock the doors at night.

You met four people today.

• A man named Gabe with a hoarse voice, curses a lot and talks to himself, also has a lot of tattoos. He lives in Grishino and Danya seems to like him. He scribbled the note above into your journal after he found out about your condition. His frequency is added to the list as well. If you need help I think he would come…He had brown eyes and had a grey beanie and hoodie on. Claimed to be a former rock star or something. I can’t place his accent.
  • Woman named Vanessa and a man called Woods. They are a couple who are very lewd and obscene. The woman was the sister of a man who used to own the airfield. She had tears in her eyes as she left a house in the town Gabe lives in. I think the name Matt was mentioned. She had an interesting tattoo of what may be a rose on her hand, black hair, and some weird piercing on her lip. The man had an interesting accent but his face was completely covered by a mask and glasses so I may forget him. Though they both dressed alike. Black jackets and beanies with red bandanas.
  • Charlie. He wore a mask but his light blue eyes lit up at the sight of Danya and he once lived in the town as well. Looked blonde with tattoos all over his hands as well. He talked of being in a group called Achraisin or something. Wore a bright blue armband and was European maybe. He seemed to be very close to this Matt and sounded very sad after speaking with the woman in private. Very nice guy.

There is beef in the storage shed outside you must cook up in the morning before it goes sour.

You need to find more bolts for your crossbow and a new sight for the rifle.

Day 5

You marked down the location of a camp Danya led you to. It was fairly isolated and you left a note in the tent letting them know you needed to borrow a raincoat leaving behind your own jacket in its place.

The rifle you were given the other night is very loud so be careful where you fire it.

A horde chased you into a town called ropka and you must wait them out. Luckily you were able to take refuge in the police station and lock all the doors. The storm brewing outside and the thunder seemed to be distracting them so it seems once again God is on our side.

If you run low on food you may need to try the radio for assistance.

Still no scope found for the rifle but you did come across some ammunition for trade.

Edited by Lyaria

Looks nice, really like the unique style

Tis lit Ly!

Oy , this is cewl. Keep these up Ly.

Nice one.

You're aight 

Liking the style tho, keep it up 

Edited by Poro

I think this story is one of the few I've actually enjoyed reading around here. Not to say that lots of people don't put effort into their writing, but I find a lot of it somewhat boring and almost cookie-cutter. This story reads like something I haven't seen often, which is a welcome change. The use of second person, as well as the switch between first and second person is a constant reminder of your character's condition. The character seems fleshed out and interesting as well. Good luck with your new character, I'll be checking back to read the updates.

Thank you. I really wanted to get deeper into my character's development this time and keep records of her adventures. I hope you enjoy her story as it unfolds and perhaps we will meet ig one day :)

I must say this was a real good read, i'm eager for more! I love the unique style and how it helps your character remember what's being happening recently and reminds her of what life is like now since she cannot remember due to the accident she sustained. 

I have one issue, there isn't enough!! So go make some more stories and please please share them with us.. I'll be sure to check back to see how things are going and I would love to meet your character IG one day :)

Sign in to follow this