Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 16:58 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Basoon

Warning points appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: Rules unclear/contradicted

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I was recently given points unfairly for posting in Dax's staff feedback thread.  I posted a positive feedback that was far more than "+1 m8", and gave specific feedback on what I thought he did well when helping me out the other day.  After the fact I saw the new rules about pats on the back, and I could go into all the issues with not allowing any positive feedback here, but I won't.  I will say that I think there is a big difference in positive feedback and simple pats on the back.  Positive feedback is just as important as pointing out negatives, as it helps to enforce positive behavior in addition to reducing negative behavior, this is a pretty simple concept I feel.

Furthermore, the wording of Dax's feedback thread which I read before posting says "Here you can leave feedback good or bad"  This led me to believe that as long as the feedback had some content and was constructive (not just a pat on the back +1 m8) it was welcome in his thread.  This is pretty misleading and I don't really think points in this situation are at all justified.  I have never gotten a single warning point on DayZRP and it seems a little ridiculous that I would break that record for positive staff feedback.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Removal of warning points

What could you have done better?: Been a bit more informed before posting in the new staff feedback thread or asked a staff member for help.

Edited by Basoon

You followed the template and you gave some feedback, it was a few thought out sentences and not just a "thanks for helping me in TS" or "+1 m9, best admin eu" which would be against the staff feedback rules and treated as "pats on the back". I think your feedback was fine so I'll remove your points, sorry about that :)

Sign in to follow this