Server time: 2017-10-22, 13:51
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrTROLL

New to add in the mod! :)

Guest MrTROLL   
Guest MrTROLL

An idea I had that would prevent the stealing of vehicles (especially in the trading post) is that you can add a car key into the game. What this key does is that it prevents everyone but the owner of the car to drive/steal the car. Each car spawns with one key and the only way someone can get the key is by getting it from the original car, trading the key with someone else, or killing the owner and stealing it from their body. This idea can be transformed in anyway by you but I would like the slightest credit for it. Thank you! :)

-MrTROLL

Jukki    1

Not posible with how arma works. Items are not treated as entities in arma, meaning we cant assing any values to them. This means there is no way to tell wich car the key belongs to.

Alsokeys dont fit in apocalypse world. I can easily smash the window, hotwire the car and gt away.

Not posible with how arma works. Items are not treated as entities in arma, meaning we cant assing any values to them. This means there is no way to tell wich car the key belongs to.

Alsokeys dont fit in apocalypse world. I can easily smash the window, hotwire the car and gt away.

Or even blow it up!

Thumper    0

There is a way. But has to be manually set by the admins...too much work everytime som3one finds a vehicle.

Tortov    0

Car locking could be implemented, but not by means of a physical key item.

It has been discussed before but decided that car locking is a bad idea.

Rolle    2968

Been discussed before, not going to happen.

DORNER    0

I know you can lock vehicles in Arma 3 but I dont think the function was in Arma 2.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

There is in Chernarus Life, you lock your car, you have a key chain thing and all the keys go there. You can "send" it to a player if you want. If you find other vehicles you can lockpick it with a lockpick(that you find/buy). I don't know how to add it in dayz, but it exists in ArmA 2. I don't think it's gonna help though,since anyone can find the keys of 4-5 cars, and then not join the game for a LOOOOONG time, the cars will be useless . Yeah, you can break the window or even the lock, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be really hard to implement, and not add any fun

Guest MrTROLL   
Guest MrTROLL

There is in Chernarus Life, you lock your car, you have a key chain thing and all the keys go there. You can "send" it to a player if you want. If you find other vehicles you can lockpick it with a lockpick(that you find/buy). I don't know how to add it in dayz, but it exists in ArmA 2. I don't think it's gonna help though,since anyone can find the keys of 4-5 cars, and then not join the game for a LOOOOONG time, the cars will be useless . Yeah, you can break the window or even the lock, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be really hard to implement, and not add any fun

exactly what mod i was thinking

Sign in to follow this