Server time: 2017-08-18, 01:30

Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Gijs

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

stalker_logo.png

With so much S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans here, I wondered why there hadn't been a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread yet. After re-installing Shadow of Chernobyl, going to the Agroprom Research Institute and getting almost scared to death (and then actually killed) by a bloodsucker I knew it was time. Lost in the Zone.

So here it is. The official S.T.A.L.K.E.R. off-topic thread. Feel free to discuss the games and mods, share pictures and videos, discuss missions and share experiences. Anything related to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is welcome here.

There is only one rule: if you mention S.T.A.L.K.E.R., be sure to write it with the dots.

When I arrive at CoP, I might. L.U.R.K. also looks really interesting though. And Redux. But what I like about mods like Complete and ZRP is that there's actually less bugs, not more.

Guest Widowmaker   
Guest Widowmaker

The constant spam of "Get out here Stalker" would get annoying. Its looks decent though.

The constant spam of "Get out here Stalker" would get annoying. Its looks decent though.

It's a bug. And by the way, that's L.U.R.K., not MISERY.

Sin    113

Best game ever. I wish there were more to play. I used the Complete mods for all three, then played around with some of the others, but nothing really stuck for me.

I've never liked Complete, the bug fixes and prettier graphics are nice but it makes the game piss easy, and one of the main things I love about the game is its difficulty.

I've never liked Complete, the bug fixes and prettier graphics are nice but it makes the game piss easy, and one of the main things I love about the game is its difficulty.

I suck at games, and I'm playing it for the atmosphere and story, not for the frustration. But Complete with the realistic weapon addon on master difficulty is pretty unforgiving. Two shots and you're dead. The same goes for the NPCs though.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

I like the songs, never played it though ;D!

Sky    1

I tried playing it maybe 6 months ago. Put it down after 15~ minutes. Felt rather dated, and the world felt kind of empty.

Jerry    15

I tried playing it maybe 6 months ago. Put it down after 15~ minutes. Felt rather dated, and the world felt kind of empty.

Oh no you didnt

Wax    0

Great thread. I can't get enough S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Gijs, I'm going to throw in the link from my previous post about the new mod on Namalsk if anyone missed it.

Also if anyone is interested I have also been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Online. It's a community made MMO that's free to play. They actually had to change the name recently to sZone Online because of some copyright issues but it is S.T.A.L.K.E.R none the less. They have a 400 person European server. The game is buggy but is in beta. I personally enjoy it. Link to the site if interested. It's a torrent download but completely safe. http://szone-online.net/

Also some video from the game. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRenaissanceClan

Oh no you didnt

Opinions are opinions. But Sky, I advise you to give it another chance. Yes, SoC is a bit dated, but the beginning doesn't do it justice. It starts to get interesting at the Agroprom Research Institute. Call of Pripyat is better, but I would play all three of them if I were you.

Also, installing a mod like Complete really helps.

Sky    1

I'm pretty picky when it comes to games these days, so that probably didn't help. The one I played was Shadow of Cernobyl.

Pro tip: Like Gijs said, Never play a S.T.A.L.K.E.R game without mods.

It's a great base game, but it has several problems if you don't use something like the MISERY mod or a complete mod.

Pro tip: Like Gijs said, Never play a S.T.A.L.K.E.R game without mods.

It's a great base game, but it has several problems if you don't use something like the MISERY mod or a complete mod.

Tell this on some of the other forums and you'll get shouted at that you should play the game without mods first. I don't agree though. Not everyone plays a game more than once, and if you're only playing it once, why not with a mod that makes it better? Sure you won't know what exactly has improved over the original, but like I said, not everyone plays a game more than once.

My first playthrough was just with ZRP. Now I'm doing SoC with Complete, but I want to go for a more realistic mod like L.U.R.K., MISERY or Redux for CS and CoP.

For CoP, I'm waiting for MISERY 2.0. I mean, just look at this:

[video=youtube]

The only thing I don't like is all the dead textures though. I'm wondering if I could overwrite them by installing Absolute Nature/Atmosfear 3 over the base mod.

Mm, my first playthrough was no mods.

I stopped playing before I even left the first area, though (CoP).

I then found out about the MISERY mod, and got to Pripyat before losing interest because of several gamebreaking bugs (That were in vanilla CoP, not MISERY's fault).

I may finish it when 2.0 comes out, though.

pejay    1

Revive since my thread got closed! Which one of the games would you say is the best one? And i also heard that im gonna need the complete Mod to be able to enjoy it,is this correct?

naury42    0

Idk why they are saying - don't play without mods. I have done all 3 of the games without single mod and I don't complain. Did very well!

I would say that SoC is 1st one and you need to do it so you know story. CS is really just an additional game, where only there are couple of details which adds something to story. And then comes CoP. It's graphicly the best looking and it ends the story.

Basically choose between SoC or CoP. But better play all of them, won't regret!

pejay    1

Oh, In that case i guess ill do SoC first and then CoP! At first i thought it was different stories, but if they are connected im gonna have to play them both :D

Currently downloading and installing Shadow of Chernobyl, Never played Stalker before so I was just going to see if anybody has any tips, pointers or anything like that? Looks like a really f***ing good game.