Server time: 2017-10-22, 03:06
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Iso

Staff Feedback Improvement

Iso    1234

Recently I was browsing through the Staff Feedback sub-forum and I noticed that everything was not organised by rank, but by alphabetical order and there was no collation system.

My suggestion, in essence, is simple: Organise the Staff Feedback sub-forum into smaller groups e.g. have an administrator "thread" for want of a better word and place all of the administrator's individual staff feedback threads inside it, so instead of browsing down, people can click on the "Administrator" icon and immediately have a drop-down list of all the administrators. The same would go for GMs, mods and so on.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, it is by no means a need but I certainly feel it could tidy up the sub-forum and increase ease of navigation.

Boston    778

I agree, it would make things neater and more attractive overall.

+1 Please do...

Sofie    0

I suggested having it organised after rank which I think would be better (along with this). But Rolle said the alphabetical order was working so. 

Dusty    1587

I mean, personally I think it's fine as it is. No need to make people dig further and further down multiple rabbit holes just to find the thread they're looking for.

I could see organizing it by rank if possible, but I don't think we should make a sub-section inside a sub-section.

Edited by Dusty

Hebee    2675

I don't really think it matters and it is fine the way it is.

I hope your OCD is bothered by the mixing of the ranks :).

Vapor    0

I don't really care... I don't want to give feedback to this staff, because, all I will get is, "k."

Good suggestion, but I think it is fine.

Charlo    0

I like the idea of having it as ranked rather then alphabet, don't think it's a necessity though. 

Iso    1234
12 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I mean, personally I think it's fine as it is. No need to make people dig further and further down multiple rabbit holes just to find the thread they're looking for.

I could see organizing it by rank if possible, but I don't think we should make a sub-section inside a sub-section.

Seems like an equally valid idea, with less navigation :)

HarveyJ    146

Elmo = Support?

Good job man!

But in regard to the suggestion, yes organisation is always welcome imo.

Buddy    1068

Alphabetically by rank? I can get behind that. 

I only have one question / concern:

Currently the full roster is listed alphabetically and if a member is promoted, their position on the list does not change. If your concept is implemented then every time a staff member changes rank, an Admin would potentially have to manually move each name to their new corresponding section. I suppose this would he more directed at @Rolle, but would you be able to somehow automate the transition with a fancy script? 

Edited by Buddy

Castiel    1124

Wouldn't have this problem if Nathan the Forum Bot had 4 threads, one for each Staff rank i.e "Moderator Feedback" and you could just @tag the Staff member you want to leave feedback for and of course still use the template. All Staff members belonging to that rank could follow their respective thread to ensure they will be notified in the event someone doesn't tag them properly.

No need for every single Staff member to have a thread, it's silly. Every time someone leaves they have to delete the thread, every time someone joins a new one must be made.

JAMMIELAD    201

Personally, the system that has been put into place is good enough.

I think it's user friendly (in my experience) and if I want to have a quick look at say Staggs' feedback then I could just easily go straight to "S" and find it without having to click on more tabs/links, it's quite easy. Obviously I can see the appeal with it being sorted via rank and alphabetical order, but sub sections and such just seem like too much hassle for something that's essentially done already.

If it were to be sorted by rank then alphabetical order, then awesome. But to be honest, having a thread for each and every single rank would eventually just be like the Staff Feedback thread but just spread out, and eventually it would become a mess for people who wish to go through and quote said feedback, whereas the current system is easier to manage and sift through certain feedback.

Of course this is just my opinion.

I'm all for organization

But tbh, there's only two pages. It's not hard to find who you're looking for.

Bradley    0

I love this idea @Elmo I love to have everything look perfect and really everything in order. So this would make things one a lot easier to find the person you are trying to look for and two the organisation would just make that part of the website / thread pages just a hole lot better. I would like to see this change or a higher ranking staff member that can make this change comment on this thread? 

Maybe the following People can put the POV on this idea forward?  @Alex just because i see you all the time on the thread being really active and replying to some stuff i thought your ideas on this would be really nice so all the people that like the idea we know that something might happen or it will be brought up in a staff meeting in the near future? 

Alex    465

Yea man there's probably a way to order by rank. Get a @Rolle on that tho.

Shark    0

More effort than what it's worth. Fine as is. This only makes it more complex.

Alphabetical order is the most logical way to do it.

Edited by Tosh

Chow    45

^ this apply.

Rolle    2963

There's a reason why we don't have staff group feedback threads and that's because an action of one person gets the entire team involved. The system is working exactly as intended.

Iso    1234
6 minutes ago, Rolle said:

-snip-

No, you are not understanding me.

I'm suggesting an organisation of the Staff Feedback Sub-forum, not a merging.

Edited by Elmo

Rolle    2963

How can you organise it even more? Alphabetical is the most logical and easy to use way of organizing things.

Iso    1234

Via rank, seems more logical in my mind to organise by rank than by alphabetical order, scrolling by section is easier than scrolling by name.

Vapor    0

I did a thing and maybe this is what you are talking about...

mydOdQW.png

I can see it working actually... And put them in alphabetical order. Mhmm...

Iso    1234
13 minutes ago, Vapor said:

-snip-

Nailed it in one, exactly what I was talking about.

AndreyQ    0
13 minutes ago, Vapor said:

I did a thing and maybe this is what you are talking about...

I can see it working actually... And put them in alphabetical order. Mhmm...

I would like to see something like that, especially with the same design.

Western    502

Sounds like a good idea, alot easier to find each staff member. then scroll though once or twice trying to find the staff member.