Server time: 2017-08-22, 03:44

Sign in to follow this  
MineCopre

Some questions

Question

MineCopre    4

Hi again, so I was here thinking about DayZRP and there are some things that I am intriged like when we loo....Scavenge xD. a city why do we do it? Like if the outbreak was 3 years ago then it is suppose to all be empty right? But like wich os the excuse about to scavenge a city ? Then another one is for what can I use TeamSpeak? I read the rules and answered the quizz and got a mistake in question where it asked about what I could not do and there was some wich I don't remember well but in the one that I selected it said that I could not give information about someone throug TeamSpeak and it was wrong the another was that I could not use TeamSpeak.

Last thing is, I know I can't use some game mechanics wich can give me information that I could not gain in real life or without RP, but let's say I meet this guy and we scavenge eletro together but then we slipt up and some time pass but ir happens to we meet again but how can I know that it's really him without checking the pulse can I do it because in a real life situation I would certainly know it was him. 

Thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

You can use team speak for talking to people you meet ig they will give you there frequency etc and you join there channel they gave you also it's used for talking to your buddies from the community and just being social really the whole looting the city part ummm, Not to sure myself i have wondered that myself. The whole meeting the guy later thing recognize his voice or facial features and scars maybe.

Sorry for not knowing answer to city question maybe a Support member can help you there but hope the questions i answered are alright for you. :) 

Edited by WeeMan

Boston    650

Hello!

1. Concerning the lore reasoning for there still being supplies in a city is still relatively unclear, but there could be several reasons that I would use. For example, someone happened to have left that sewing kit behind by accident, but it was used prior, explaining its damaged state. Or, someone was robbed in this building, but the perpetrators of said robbery left behind the victim's shotgun in the panic. Reasons like this are what I have used and have seen used, you can come up with some of your own, as RP is pretty free-form, and there's always creative ways to explore these things.

-snip-

3. If I understand your third question correctly, then yes, you would be able to piece together who he is by hearing his voice/other RP means. This is up to your memory of who the character is. You are not allowed to pulse-check to metagame or find out the name of the character. You must find out through in-game means (He tells you, someone else tells you, etc.). In other words, if you recognize him from an earlier encounter with that character, yes, you can state that you recognize him/her, but only through IC information/IC contact may you know that information.

If you need assistance with the whitelist, do not be afraid to visit helpdesk in TeamSpeak.

I hope that I could be of assistance, and if you need further help, please let us know. :)

-Boston

Edited by Boston

MineCopre    4
29 minutes ago, WeeMan said:

You can use team speak for talking to people you meet ig they will give you there frequency etc and you join there channel they gave you also it's used for talking to your buddies from the community and just being social really the whole looting the city part ummm, Not to sure myself i have wondered that myself. The whole meeting the guy later thing recognize his voice or facial features and scars maybe.

Sorry for not knowing answer to city question maybe a Support member can help you there but hope the questions i answered are alright for you. :) 

Thank you so basically the team speak it's like a walkie talkie I would say.

13 minutes ago, Boston said:

Hello!

1. Concerning the lore reasoning for there still being supplies in a city is still relatively unclear, but there could be several reasons that I would use. For example, someone happened to have left that sewing kit behind by accident, but it was used prior, explaining its damaged state. Or, someone was robbed in this building, but the perpetrators of said robbery left behind the victim's shotgun in the panic. Reasons like this are what I have used and have seen used, you can come up with some of your own, as RP is pretty free-form, and there's always creative ways to explore these things.

-snip-

3. If I understand your third question correctly, then yes, you would be able to piece together who he is by hearing his voice/other RP means. This is up to your memory of who the character is. You are not allowed to pulse-check to metagame or find out the name of the character. You must find out through in-game means (He tells you, someone else tells you, etc.). In other words, if you recognize him from an earlier encounter with that character, yes, you can state that you recognize him/her, but only through IC information/IC contact may you know that information.

If you need assistance with the whitelist, do not be afraid to visit helpdesk in TeamSpeak.

I hope that I could be of assistance, and if you need further help, please let us know. :)

-Boston

Thanks for the explanation about the scavenge of citys, I guess I can come with something as about the recongnization of someone just like WeeMan said as well the voice and the character should do the trick. Now I don't know tho who I should give the best answer xD.

OK the one who answers me this one will be the best answer.

Is there any group ir something that is like searching to erradicate the zombies and the virus because I was thinking about making my RP all about that. I was thinking that I met a doctor who died and had some kind of information about the virus and gave it to me with the mission todos deliver it to someone who could do something. Can I do that ? Or is it against the lore I read it diagonally, and it didnt seem to have some kind of trouble.

Boston    650

@MineCopre There are several groups with similar goals, such as banding together to survive and eradicate zombies in their given location. Most groups seem to be focused on other people though, as other people are seeming to be the majority of problems rather than the infected. An example is Vehm. There are several other groups and even factions that would be fitting for an RP style of yours, feel free to take a look.

As far as your question with the doctor having information: No. You may not have any information regarding the cure or any form of the cure for your character. For your character to possess that information would be powergaming the lore, as one person would be making a major change to the lore, whereas other players have no choice but to abide by it. No, you cannot have that information.

If you have further questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! :)

-Boston

Edited by Boston

Alex    451

In regards to looting towns,  it's been a little over 2 years since the outbreak,  which is a similar time frame to the TV series The Walking Dead.  In that show everything is really sparse but there still is supplies here and there in warehouses and such. Basically,  in Chernarus (roughly 250km2) there's probably maybe 1000~ people eating away at the supplies in the area. Supermarkets and shops carry way more supplies than what we really need,  because they cater to a massive population.  So,  pretty much,  there's an abundance of materials in the area.  It would obviously dwindle which is why we can argue it's more sparse now than it used to be. 

MineCopre    4
58 minutes ago, Alex said:

In regards to looting towns,  it's been a little over 2 years since the outbreak,  which is a similar time frame to the TV series The Walking Dead.  In that show everything is really sparse but there still is supplies here and there in warehouses and such. Basically,  in Chernarus (roughly 250km2) there's probably maybe 1000~ people eating away at the supplies in the area. Supermarkets and shops carry way more supplies than what we really need,  because they cater to a massive population.  So,  pretty much,  there's an abundance of materials in the area.  It would obviously dwindle which is why we can argue it's more sparse now than it used to be. 

Yeah, I though that an year and something would be enough to all the supplies been scavenged, I based as well in TWD but I was not enterely sure about the timeline but thinking well you may be right. Thanks

1 hour ago, Boston said:

@MineCopre There are several groups with similar goals, such as banding together to survive and eradicate zombies in their given location. Most groups seem to be focused on other people though, as other people are seeming to be the majority of problems rather than the infected. An example is Vehm. There are several other groups and even factions that would be fitting for an RP style of yours, feel free to take a look.

As far as your question with the doctor having information: No. You may not have any information regarding the cure or any form of the cure for your character. For your character to possess that information would be powergaming the lore, as one person would be making a major change to the lore, whereas other players have no choice but to abide by it. No, you cannot have that information.

If you have further questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! :)

-Boston

OK thanks, I already have though in another reason to wipe out all the zombies Off the earth, and I took that ideal from Shingeki no Kyonjin, if you watched it you may know wich is xD. And thanks about the groups, when I have the time I will give a look. And as promised I will give you the best answer and BEANS to the other kind sirs who replied. XD.