Server time: 2017-10-19, 00:10
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

Rule Alteration: Whitelist Revokes for New Users

Jamie    1418

Hello Community, 

We have had discussion within the team with regards to the Whitelist Revoke for members that receive a 5 day or more ban and have been whitelisted for 1 month or less. The reason this rule is in place is so that we can limit the people who actually want to take our servers seriously. Within your first month of whitelisting, the rules should be fresh in your mind and this method of punishment was to ensure that those who did not understand the rules were made aware how important they are, even if it may be harsh making them go through the entire process again. 

We have looked at the concerns brought up and have decided to alter the rule. Instead of a 5 day ban+, we are going to raise the limit to 7 day ban. With this, it would cover KOS, Trolling and Lying in a report. We decided that some people may make mistakes their first month, for example, BadRP. We don't see this as severe as the 7-day punishments and come to the conclusion that they can learn from the standard BadRP punishment. 

With the 7-day ban punishments, they should have no excuse for doing that in their first month. This takes effect as of now. 

Thanking you.

The Admins. 

Cid    333

Glad it's still there for those who really brake blatantly obvious rules, glad there is a bit more leniency to those who make mistakes.  Think this was probably the best possible move to go forward.  Well done.

Seiceps the Deceiver    309

Very good change, I feel like before it really discouraged new players to get in game because they weren't very confident. However, this should really help because the only reason you can get a ban in your first month is by blatant rule breaks.

Glad to see this was discussed and decided upon by staff, +1

Skinner    502

I understand why the change was made but honestly I'm not a big fan of this. People who have proven that they don't understand the rules SHOULD need to re-whitelist. Hell, judging by the mind boggling misunderstanding of the rules I've seen in numbers solved reports in the past few weeks it really makes me wonder if we should be expanding white list revokes to people who have been around more than a month, not restricting it further to less than 1 month AND 7 day bans.

Breaking a rule because you were in game and made a bad decision is one thing. Breaking a rule because you don't know the rules makes me wonder how the hell you got past the white list. 

AndreyQ    0
Just now, TheMatt924 said:

People who have proven that they don't understand the rules SHOULD need to re-whitelist.

There have been to many people that get banned for BadRP for example for small robberies. Now those people understand the rules but they still don't have the RP to the standard we want them to. Making them re-whitelist is not helping them, nor us. It would simply be redundant and could even make people leave the community, which at those times is not what we are looking for.

Also, regardless of the punishment received, if someone shows a complete lack of understanding of the rules then the team handling the report can always revoke the whitelist and make the person go through the rule page again.

Anyway, as a guy who brought this up for a long time, I am glad this finally changed.

Skinner    502
3 minutes ago, Andrey said:

There have been to many people that get banned for BadRP for example for small robberies. Now those people understand the rules but they still don't have the RP to the standard we want them to. Making them re-whitelist is not helping them, nor us. It would simply be redundant and could even make people leave the community, which at those times is not what we are looking for.

Also, regardless of the punishment received, if someone shows a complete lack of understanding of the rules then the team handling the report can always revoke the whitelist and make the person go through the rule page again.

Anyway, as a guy who brought this up for a long time, I am glad this finally changed.

I get where you're coming from. You're right, the goal isn't to make them leave the community but since the mentor system is optional it is really difficult to get these people to understand the rules without making them answer the whitelist questions again. Maybe making the mentor system semi-mandatory for certain situations would be an alternative. I don't know, I guess I don't have a good answer to it so although I don't like it right now we'll see how it goes. For all I know it'll be a great change.

Cormac    0

I like it. I was pretty against new people having their whitelist revoked before, as most just never bothered to go through the process again. The main reason I thought it was unfair was because people would have their whitelist revoked for something such a Firefight KoS / or Mis ID. Which is a 2 day ban and usually 5 points and can honestly happen to anyone, including people who have been here for a while and have an understanding of the rules. The KoS rules are probably the most confusing and take the most time to understand in my opinion when you first join so I'm really happen to see it's only for a 5 day + ban. Overall I think it's a great change.

Castiel    1124

Glad it was changed to 7 instead of 5. Shout me out Jamie, my idea. Hopefully this will work better. xD

Charlo    0

I'm glad and fully support this protocol change. People need to be given a second chance and hopefully this will encourage people to play again after making mistakes and learn from them rather then being put off and having to re-whitelist! 

Beni    862

Great decision... I agree with second chances, but a harsher punishment was needed. 

Trolling, KoS, and lying in a report = Whitelist revoked

seems sensible to me

Darra    153

I'm glad to see this change.  At least now a new member will have an opportunity to improve his/her RP before a whitelist is revoked.  I'm all about second chances; how else will inexperienced RPers learn and grow?

Is this change going forward only or will it be retroactive back to a certain date?

Edited by Darra

Sounds promising, Happy to see this 'filtering' feature happening, Although I suppose this feature would be carefully monitored and rather balanced, Providing those the unexperienced ones another chance in the case of a mistake,

Although personally I have never broke any rules back then while being through my 'newbie period', So I suppose that'll do.

+1