Server time: 2017-08-23, 15:43

Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo

From Voodoo to crashing out

Voodoo    371

So the time has come to say goodbye to this community either permanently or as a break. Some may remember me as Voodoo but I'm sure with my little activity in being in the spotlight and the way the community has changed many wont even know me at all.

The fact is the community has changed, many old friends have gone (Permabanned or just left) and generally the feel of the community has changed, from a place of fun to a place of strict report minded individuals. Its been 3 years and 7 months since I joined this community and I've seen pretty much everything you can see. From the Mod age to the SA age this community went through patches of golden material to very low questionable material. During this time I was in staff twice (about 2 years in total of my 3 years and 7 months in the community) where I achieved GM on both occasions. I believe it meant something especially when I look back to the GM's I taught that went on to become Admins such as @Red as an example. Then like every staff member you get that activity PM (which wasn't necessary in my opinion due to the community report levels being low due to a 6 months wait for a DayZ patch but that's all another story) and I decided it was time to leave to make way for some newer GM's.

Now enough of staff lets get to the point that actually matters. I joined after seeing a @PsiSyndicate video (yep I'm one of them 2013 whitename waves) and soon after joining I met a guy and his friend that were making a group, The 501st, I joined to become their 3rd member and together we built a group that would start to gain a name for itself. A few months in and due to inactivity of the owner and co-owner the group voted on me to become leader and it happened with me taking the group into the golden age of RP, good old Altar castle (I'm sure many still here will not remember that place) in which we had firefights and general banter between other groups.

Spoiler

o8f9r8.jpg

904a143477.jpg

99bf4e594b.jpg

The 501st then disbanded when the servers went to shit around the end of 2013 early 2014 when epoch was introduced to help with the problems experienced on the main servers. Me and the guys decided banditry was the way forward and designed the Black Tear Rebellion (BTR) as an epoch project. After Epoch 501st as brought back and soon I was giving up leadership to pursue banditry (something I had enjoyed) and so I went on to Volki and then SVR before the official death of the Mod and the start of SA.

@Kanen @Hicks @Novac @spartan119 @DigitalRenegade @Rory @Texas532 @Frisia @LoneStarrr @Ghost and @everyone else I may have missed from 501st - Thanks for them memories of 501st and all the banter we enjoyed.

@Jewell @NoobHunterAnzy @Reece @Corks and @everyone else I may have missed from Volki - Thanks for all the fun roadblocks and firefights, Glory to Volki!! 

@Wunsleh @Misty @WarMachine and again @everyone else I may have missed from SVR - Thanks for all the fun times with taking gear from other players

@Sasha and @everyone missed from SA Chedaki - Thanks for the few months I was in the group and helping you rob and torture others.

@Terra @Dax @Rampage @Caesar @Hofer @Papa Emeritus II @Red and @Conor - You were/are great staff members, thanks for the memories

@Staggs - Keep up the lore work, I still miss changing your views on a verdict of a report. Maybe we can play some BF1 at times.

@Randle - Stop playing runescape and get on BF1 xD Thanks for everything mate, remember I'm still around on steam.

@Valkerion - It has been fun, as both allied groups and enemy groups back in the day

I'm sure there are many more I may have missed, 3 years and 7 months is a long time with a lot of people. Ill be around till midnight to do any responses but as of Monday the forums will be closed off in order to start rehab and get back to the real world.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    761

I already knew this was happening and my suitcase is almost packed.

Bye Voodoo. I will miss your random group ideas that never take off. o7

Voodoo    371
1 minute ago, Randle said:

I already knew this was happening and my suitcase is almost packed.

Again not mentioned. I hate you cunts

<3  will be missed ,

enjoy your break

Edited by Jake

Species    240

501st was the first group I was in back when I first joined. I remember you because it was just after it was handed off and you took the lead. Then there was. Volki when You, Pat, and I all joined around the same time. And also our SVR vs CRA days, even though we were in opposite ends we still had laughs. See yeah familia

Voodoo    371
7 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Again not mentioned. I hate you cunts

i did say I may have missed people.

Goodbye Echo

p.s. you know where I am to talk ;)

Bye bye , haven't spoken to you much. Only time to time in the Outrun days but it was fun ^..^

kinda seen it coming , o7 voodoo see ya around hit me up if you wanna play that cancer game csgo

Edited by Keedz

Hassan    385

o7, I understand the feels. 

You're a chill dude, have fun in the sun.

Its likely I will follow suit soon thanks for the mention though the years have been fun both with and against you. The ISOA vs The 501st is one of my fondest memories of this place but thats over now (maybe were just too old). Either way you have me on steam you can hit me up if you ever want to play BF1 or anything like that see ya around.

Edited by Valkerion

Goku    61

Take care Voodoo. I enjoyed talking to you when you were in staff and when you and Kanen helped me play a prank on someone was one of the highlights of having you in staff. I'll miss you but I'm certain that if/when you want to come back you'll be back with your laces tide up ready to give people a kick up the rear.

This is just for you man. Take care and I hope to see you again soon!

Spoiler

Voodoo    371
7 minutes ago, Speedster said:

Take care Voodoo. I enjoyed talking to you when you were in staff and when you and Kanen helped me play a prank on someone was one of the highlights of having you in staff. I'll miss you but I'm certain that if/when you want to come back you'll be back with your laces tide up ready to give people a kick up the rear.

This is just for you man. Take care and I hope to see you again soon!

Reveal hidden contents

Woof!

See ya man.

Didn't you just make a group?

Shame to see another one go. Take care of yourself 

Volke    132

What a fucking cunt - brb going to terraform my tombstone.

Good night sweet, sweet prince :).  

Voodoo    371
3 minutes ago, Wong said:

Didn't you just make a group?

Shame to see another one go. Take care of yourself 

Yea but decided this was a better move than trying to stay and get back into RP.

Just now, Crash said:

Yea but decided this was a better move than trying to stay and get back into RP.

Makes sense man. I hope to see you return in the future, everybody needs a break at some point.

cakey    15

Too many dayzrp originals are leaving :'(  take care buddy.

suh dude

o7 Voodoo

Say hi to Cipher, Deputy and the others for me

LoneStarrr    84

Another OG 501st bites the bullet. Gotta say, it really saddens me to see you go. You have always been an amazing community member and you are one of the few that I have looked up to throughout my entire time here. I hope you enjoy your time away, even if it is permanent. Take care Voodoo. 

Nihoolious    1122

o7 Voodoo. You were a great GM though the years and a community member who strived for change despite your words falling on deaf ears sometimes. Take care man, you will be missed.