Server time: 2017-08-17, 03:52

Sign in to follow this  
Boston

Staff Feedback: Boston

Boston    643

If you have any feedback regarding myself as a staff member, please post it here.

I request that you use the template and abide by the rules regarding feedback.

Here's the rules and template regarding Staff Feedback in the event that you may have forgotten:

Spoiler

Staff feedback rules

1. Community members may only post in feedback threads using the template below.
  2. All feedback and criticism should be constructive. No rants or pats on the back.
  3. Staff members may reply freely to feedback within their own thread.
  4. Posts not adhering to above rules will result in 5 warning points per post.
Spoiler

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Thank you, and I appreciate each and every one of your opinions.

Edited by Boston

Boston    643

@Hebi Kotei,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am always looking to improve, and this is being the first post on my feedback thread is a great first step for me.

Now, onto your feedback. Regarding TeamSpeak Activity, the time that I decide to spend with Lyca and/or other friends does not relate to my staff work in any way, shape or form. Spending time in Helpdesk and spending time with friends is night and day, and should be treated as such. There is no need for mentioning what I do in my personal time on my feedback thread. If you have further concerns regarding this, PM me.

As far as the question threads, I half-agree with this. I understand and agree that I have been re-iterating answers from other members. My reasoning for doing this is to give a sense of 'This is what a staff member agrees with' atmosphere. It's really just a follow-up. You are not the first to mention this to me, and I will work to improve upon this in the future. Now, concerning the 'best answer' section of the questions thread, it is a requirement as a support member to ask the community member(s) to select the best answer. Most are not aware that the check-mark is provided to them, unless they have asked a few questions before or saw what the check-mark does on other threads. This is why you will see myself (and other Supports) asking them to solve it, alongside providing a link to Eagle's Guide. Asking them to solve it IS needed, and asking me to stop would be asking me to not do an important part of Support work.

Hebi Kotei    302
Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Boston said:

@Hebi Kotei,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am always looking to improve, and this is being the first post on my feedback thread is a great first step for me.

Now, onto your feedback. Regarding TeamSpeak Activity, the time that I decide to spend with Lyca and/or other friends does not relate to my staff work in any way, shape or form. Spending time in Helpdesk and spending time with friends is night and day, and should be treated as such. There is no need for mentioning what I do in my personal time on my feedback thread. If you have further concerns regarding this, PM me.

As far as the question threads, I half-agree with this. I understand and agree that I have been re-iterating answers from other members. My reasoning for doing this is to give a sense of 'This is what a staff member agrees with' atmosphere. It's really just a follow-up. You are not the first to mention this to me, and I will work to improve upon this in the future. Now, concerning the 'best answer' section of the questions thread, it is a requirement as a support member to ask the community member(s) to select the best answer. Most are not aware that the check-mark is provided to them, unless they have asked a few questions before or saw what the check-mark does on other threads. This is why you will see myself (and other Supports) asking them to solve it, alongside providing a link to Eagle's Guide. Asking them to solve it IS

needed, and asking me to stop would be asking me to not do an important part of Support work.

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,  Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

N/A

Now, stop with being a baby and listen to me for a second, I'm not saying that you cannot hang out with your friends, however, if it gets to the point where you are not putting any time in the helpdesk there is an issue, and I'm only pointing out what me and other people have seen and we haven't seen you anywhere else than in the temp channels recently, helpdesk is part fo your job, do it or go. I remember when I was a staff member I used to pull loads of hours in the helpdesk along with every other CH, Mod and GM that used to do it.

The help desk is part of your role, do not neglect it,

This is feedback so it belongs here, don't tell me to PM you if it directly affects your staff work.

As far as the question threads, I half-agree with this. I understand and agree that I have been re-iterating answers from other members. My reasoning for doing this is to give a sense of 'This is what a staff member agrees with' atmosphere. It's really just a follow-up. You are not the first to mention this to me, and I will work to improve upon this in the future.

Now there is no need for this, not at all, therefore why have it, if you want some sort of approval rating, there is a reason why there is a vote up feature, to give some form of approval of an answer provided by a community member, reiteration is not needed and it looks unprofessional is hell as it looks like you are ripping an entire answer for the extra post count.

Now, concerning the 'best answer' section of the questions thread, it is a requirement as a support member to ask the community member(s) to select the best answer. Most are not aware that the check-mark is provided to them unless they have asked a few questions before or saw what the check-mark does on other threads. This is why you will see myself (and other Supports) asking them to solve it, alongside providing a link to Eagle's Guide. Asking them to solve it IS

I was not aware that this was a new procedure, my apologies, then just do that and not put unnecessary comments and reiteration.

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

• Take away what I said seriously, and consider how you conduct yourself.

I do not want a response to this feedback, you need anything PM me.

Edited by Hebi Kotei

Boston    643

@Hebi Kotei,

Allow me to clarify some of the points that I made in my original response to your feedback, and to also respond to some new points that you bring up.

Now, stop with being a baby and listen to me for a second, I'm not saying that you cannot hang out with your friends, however, if it gets to the point where you are not putting any time in the helpdesk there is an issue, and I'm only pointing out what me and other people have seen and we haven't seen you anywhere else than in the temp channels recently, helpdesk is part fo your job, do it or go. I remember when I was a staff member I used to pull loads of hours in the helpdesk along with every other CH, Mod and GM that used to do it.

To bring my personal matters into my staff work is inappropriate, still. If you want to comment on my activity, then comment on my activity. There is no need to grasp at straws, especially by stating things such as 'Lyca is a grown woman', and 'Lyca can look after herself'. This is bringing personal matters into staff matters, in an attempt to bring more of an argument to the table.

The time that I spend with Lyca makes zero impact on my staff work. I spend, at the minimum, two hours in Helpdesk per day. When that two hours is clocked, I then disconnect from TeamSpeak or move to another channel to do something else. If nothing is happening, I then go back to Helpdesk. Lyca, at this point, gets into TeamSpeak and opts to play with me. Since I have served at least the minimum, I go to a temporary channel with her. This is what you see, you don't seem to observe the past time that I spent in the Helpdesk. Whether that is a difference of timezones or convenience, I really don't know. However, I ask that you observe a situation in it's entirety before making such bold statements.

To state that I am acting like a baby for responding to your feedback is pitiable and immature. The point of feedback is to communicate and to learn what can be done better. We are communicating. However, not all feedback is correct, nor a complete argument.

Now there is no need for this, not at all, therefore why have it, if you want some sort of approval rating, there is a reason why there is a vote up feature, to give some form of approval of an answer provided by a community member, reiteration is not needed and it looks unprofessional is hell as it looks like you are ripping an entire answer for the extra post count.

As I stated in my original response to your feedback, I will work to improve on this in the future. I was providing a basis for which I was providing said answers, not arguing with you. Thank you for clarifying your post, and this will be improved.

• Take away what I said seriously, and consider how you conduct yourself.

As with all feedback, I will use it to improve upon myself as a staff member. Every thing you have said has been taken into account and will be looked upon and improved upon. Once again, thank you for dedicating your time to write this feedback.

I do not want a response to this feedback, you need anything PM me.

This is my feedback thread, therefore, I am within my full right to respond to anything that is said to me. Things that are stated while in the public eye will be dealt with while in the public eye. If you did not want a response, then a post should not have been made, rather a PM should have been sent.

Hebi Kotei    302
Posted (edited)

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

If by you serving the minimum you mean sitting in the helpdesk muted, playing Battlegrounds while other people do the work a bare minimum. Which I noticed when I was looking through my steam friends list and I saw you playing the game. When I was a CH, we were told that you either play a game that is single player in which you can tab out of at any moment or you go to a gaming channel on TeamSpeak if you are doing something other than that. I used to do my homework in the helpdesk because I could stop anytime I wanted. @Beni and many before him never did this.

You also seem to be missing the point, so further clarification will be provided (like the dynamic group rule), this does have an impact on your work, I barely see you in the helpdesk, and as I stated earlier, other people have noticed, I'm just the one telling you. When I, and others, notice you drop down all the way to temp channel from helpdesk after being there for a grand total of 5 minutes never to return for hours, on a regular basis, it leaves me thinking, why did you sign up for staff?

What I am suggesting is that you do not neglect helpdesk and I was merely providing an example of what I, and others, have seen, while providing some humour. I'm not telling you not to speak to your friends or have a personal life, I'm telling you to balance both lives.

I will now not include and humour or banter, as that is apparently lost on you.

This is my feedback thread, therefore, I am within my full right to respond to anything that is said to me. Things that are stated while in the public eye will be dealt with while in the public eye. If you did not want a response, then a post should not have been made, rather a PM should have been sent.

Now onto this, yes you have a right to post on this thread as it is your own feedback thread, however, I have a right to post here as much as I want with clarification and feedback (of which I am providing) as long as I use the template (which I am doing). I only told you to not to post on this as I didn't want clarification from you or a defensive statement, and I just want you to take the feedback on board, which you are clearly not understanding. I do not want a response here (again, just take the feedback) and if you want to refute some more, PM me and if I turn out to be wrong, I will snip it from this post (none of which you have proved yet).

You ask me to take it to PMs yet you talk about public eye, quite contradictory if you ask me,

As I stated in my original response to your feedback, I will work to improve on this in the future. I was providing a basis for which I was providing said answers, not arguing with you. Thank you for clarifying your post, and this will be improved.

I would like it if you actually treated my feedback like it was stated in the OP:

Thank you, and I appreciate each and every one of your opinions.

Rather than responding with a paragraph which is defensive for no reason. This is feedback, treat it as such. If you cannot take feedback well, then you shouldn't be in staff. This isn't a personal vendetta or anything, this is honest feedback.

I'm done posting here, however, I would prefer it if you honour my request to not reply and just consider the feedback.

• Take feedback and move on
  • Do not contradict yourself
  • All of the above
Edited by Hebi Kotei

Hebee    2216

Link to the situation: In game activity

Any supporting evidence or notes: 8483007ecc4780199cfd594ae229b194.png

Feedback: Your in game activity is fantastic for a staff member, this is exactly the sort of in game participation that this community needs from a staff member. Just make sure to balance your in game time and out of game staff activity time, do not let either fall!

Suggestions for improvement: n/a

Boston    643
3 hours ago, Hebee said:

Link to the situation: In game activity

Any supporting evidence or notes: 8483007ecc4780199cfd594ae229b194.png

Feedback: Your in game activity is fantastic for a staff member, this is exactly the sort of in game participation that this community needs from a staff member. Just make sure to balance your in game time and out of game staff activity time, do not let either fall!

Suggestions for improvement: n/a

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I very much appreciate a commendation for the amount of time I spend in-game. I will continue to monitor the time spent in-game aswell as the time spent doing staff work, as you mention. :)

Hebee    2216

Link to the situation: a9c31dbb98598a69ed2d12adc3e427bf.png

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".) not needed see above

Feedback: 1) Include screenshots of what the person has been warned for in the warning. This used to be standard procedure and it still should be as far as I know. 

2) Do not include cuntish remarks trying to provoke a reaction out of someone when you are in-fact pointing them for "provoking" someone. Additionally saying that I know better is an assumption, I have literally done this multiple times and have never gotten warned even though staff has seen it. It was an assumption you included in your message and it is an incorrect assumption.

Suggestions for improvement: I kind of included it in the feedback however I will re-cap

1) Include screenshot of what you are pointing the person for 

2) Do not attempt to provoke people in the messages you include with the warnings.

3) Do not make assumptions because as the saying goes "When you make assumptions you make an ass out of yourself" 

Boston    643
2 hours ago, Hebee said:

-snip-

Hello Hebee,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am always looking to improve as a staff member for the better of the community.

Onto your concerns:

1. ): I will begin to include the screenshot of what the person was warned for. I can see now that, for the sake of clarity and understanding fully what they did wrong, it should be screenshotted and included in the warning message. There are other members of staff who, in the past, have not included the screenshot, and I was following their lead as staff members. That being said, I will include screenshots in my warning messages from here on out.
  2. ): In no way was I attempting to provoke you. I was only delivering a true statement of facts alongside your warning message. I have been made aware that mentioning former staff positions in warning messages was discussed some time ago among the team, a conversation which I was not present for. This is my mistake, however, I want you to be well aware that in no way was I attempting to provoke, or in any way get a reaction from you.
  3. ): This is my only gripe with your feedback. I don't quite understand what exactly you mean with 'making assumptions'. You being a former staff member, any reasonable person would believe that you would have a handle on the rules, in game or out of game. This is not 'making an assumption', this is using common logic. The same could be said about yourself for 'making an assumption' that I was trying to provoke you, when I was simply giving out a warning message.

As I stated previously, I will work to improve upon myself as a member of staff, and I appreciate you helping me through this.