Server time: 2017-08-19, 03:44

Sign in to follow this  
Ramsay888

DayZ freezes on launch and need to restart PC

Question

Ramsay888    7

So I just upgraded to Windows 10 today and tried launching DayZ after installing driver updates. The DayZ logo loading screen pops up and I can here the menu sounds and then everything freezes entirely. The only way to get out is to restart my PC. I researched but found no fixes or similar problems except one person saying to downgrade back to 8.1 and then apparently its solved. I would like to know if anyone else had this problem and how did they fix it. If I have to go back to 8.1 I will, but I would rather avoid that as of now. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Chewy    555

Paging @RedSky since I know he helped a buddy with a.. Similar? Issue the other week!

Other than that I would attempt to, as stated above, defrag, verify your cache, alternatively you can run the game in administrator mode (Find the game's exe. file location). And if that don' work, try running the DayZ_BE.exe as administrator.

Voodoo    357

Try running the game as Administrator:

1. Go on steam and right click on Dayz, then click properties.

2. 50e8a6d44a.png

Go to local files at top of the box and then click on browse local files.

3. 1409467eab.png

When you see a new box show of the local files for DayZ you want to right click on the above file DayZ.exe and click properties.

4. 7542eb6faa.png

The above will show, go to compatibility tab at the top of the box and then at the bottom of the compatibility page you will see Run this program as an administrator (As shown above).

5. Simply press OK and try launching the game where it will ask if you want to run as an administrator.

Yea might be worth running the DayZ_BE.exe as admin aswell ;)

Edited by Crash

Similar to above, but manually, just set the .exe to 'Run as admin' and Compability mode to 'Windows 7'. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I don't know.

Boston    646

@Ramsay888 Glad to see you've figured out the issue!

If you are satisfied, please mark which of the above answers was most helpful to you by hitting the check-mark next to a user's name.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. :)

Edited by Boston