Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:34

Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal Lecter

Addressing some issues

As a part of the community I experienced a lot of things in a short period of time. However, Im a kinda new member to the community but I have to point out few things. 

*everything I will state is in my own opinion not related to any group whatsoever. This is simply my perspective and experience* 

First of all, I understand that this is a role play server but why 90% of the people I meet are not here for "role-play" they want to initiate and wait for you to do something then kill you. They violate the use of rules to protect their actions. 

In my opinion, role play is about encounters and good stories. I've had few encounters that are really awesome and memorable. Where both of us having fun and talking about stuff. Despite the majority of my encounters when the player for some reason doesn't want to talk or start a new conversations even when they do filled with long pauses. I also understand some characters have to be like that, but ffs at least show me you are trying to RP or do it in a fun way. 

The second thing is hatred, for some reason a lot of players/group/factions hate each other outside of the server or OOC. I think what generate this is young or immature players who take things too serious. 

In my opinion, what happens in game or the server should stay on the server. I was looking forward to a situation where I would be in a "hostile RPing" and after that I would go to the guys and tell them "that was really good guys, keep it up". But never, I always get that feeling "these guys are dickheads". Because I can see when someone doing this for fun, taking it way to serious or showing me that he/she have a power and Im a bitch. 

I really hope oneday this community will stop OOC hating each other. Because from what I can see its really bad to the community but hard to achieve. 

I don't mind being a hostage and some good RP. I don't care about my gear I played this game a lot and I died a lot. I used to make RP situations in private servers it was "BEAUTIFUL". Because it have that feeling from me and the hostile/the hostage that both of us having FUN and I made a lot of friends because of this. 

Sorry for the long post. I know this wouldn't matter anyway cause players will do whatever they want. Its ok Im not here to force anyone to do anything but somethings are fucked up. 

Have FUN guys that what's important don't take things too serious whether you are a hostage or taking a hostage. And if you are taking a guy hostage "don't be a dick" the hostage also want to have fun. 

See yea around guys :* 

tl;dr pls?

This has been going on for some time now. We just have to deal with it.

I like your mindset and attitude. Most of us here are aware of the OOC hate and OOC memes in game. But like you said, it's very hard to achieve the status of no OOC hate. Because people are dicks.

Just do your part in making the community a better place, and I'll do mine as well. Because that's all we can realistically do my friend.

General    10
1 minute ago, Vapor said:

tl;dr pls?

This has been going on for some time now. We just have to deal with it.

TL;DR don't do bad RP and be nice to everyone OOC

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

*everything I will state is in my own opinion not related to any group whatsoever. This is simply my perspective and experience* 

I don't share this opinion

Just you, pal.

Just now, General said:

TL;DR don't do bad RP and be nice to everyone OOC

Thanks OP. Really slaughtered me.

DarkSide    234
3 minutes ago, Hebee said:

Do we need another thread like this?

I don't think we do. Shit gets old real fucking fast. 

Dusty    1061

So, you state that you want everybody to keep IC separate from OOC, yet you also state that you get the feeling that the people robbing you are just dickheads...

Maybe that's the point? They're playing a character that is robbing you of your items, and threatening your life. If you can't look past what is said and done ICly, then that's your own issue to deal with.

You seeing them as dickheads OOC just because they're robbing you is your problem that you need to get over. Lots of people in the community have that issue unfortunately. 

As you said, a lot of OOC hate could be avoided if people were just more mature about it. There's also a difference between having some OOC hate for things that people have said and done OOCly, and having OOC hate for things that have been said and done ICly.

Edited by Dusty

Squillium    323
9 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

The second thing is hatred, for some reason a lot of players/group/factions hate each other outside of the server or OOC. I think what generate this is young or immature players who take things too serious. 

I don't really agree with this. I mean us and Akrasia are having the biggest IC-conflict on the server right now and we went to their open coms memeing yesterday.

Thats been going on for a while. its not going to change unfortunately.

SweetJoe    283

Legit concerns.

Any proposal for how we can change it? besides "Don't be a dick?".

Edited by Winslow

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

So, you state that you want everybody to keep IC separate from OOC, yet you also state that you get the feeling that the people robbing you are just dickheads...

Maybe that's the point? They're playing a character that is robbing you of your items, and threatening your life. If you can't look past what is said and done ICly, then that's your own issue to deal with.

lol, but yeah urite

its the internet, people aren't gonna be nice to everyone because they'll probably never meet the people so they'll say what they want, how it's always been and how it'll always be really.

Mexi    1049

Seems like this is centered around the fact you dislike how hostile roleplay goes for you when you're on the hostage side of things, people being a dick towards someone is actually what the term 'hostile' is mostly used for. Now, saying that this isn't directed to any group in particular we'll stick with that but due to recent events some might say that could indeed be false but not to point fingers or accuse anyone but is this what you mean by the term 'OOC hate'?

589fd362eabda_messageimage.png.8c63cf066790d94e05e4385667af9f40.png

Personally to me this seems to come across as nothing but a 'I dislike the end of the roleplay I am on' kinda thread and you are entitled to said opinion but in many threads like this created by people who have the same kind of mindset as yourself roleplay doesn't need to end with someone dying complying with demands and attempting to form some sort of long term friendship with said bandit group is and will always be a option with this scenario. To me, what's said above doesn't come across as server wide issues, this seems to be just with yourself and the group you are with. Nothing we have done as a group has been taken OOCly but it seems to have swung that way for yourselves. That's just my two cents.

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I don't mind being robbed or anything instead I like hostile RP more than the friendly RP. Because simply it makes good stories. But when I get that this guy is taking the situation way too seriously this is where the "fun" disappears. I will give respect and thank you in TS if the hostile RP was so good. 

2 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Seems like this is centered around the fact you dislike how hostile roleplay goes for you when you're on the hostage side of things, people being a dick towards someone is actually what the term 'hostile' is mostly used for. Now, saying that this isn't directed to any group in particular we'll stick with that but due to recent events some might say that could indeed be false but not to point fingers or accuse anyone but is this what you mean by the term 'OOC hate'?

Personally to me this seems to come across as nothing but a 'I dislike the end of the roleplay I am on' kinda thread and you are entitled to said opinion but in many threads like this created by people who have the same kind of mindset as yourself roleplay doesn't need to end with someone dying complying with demands and attempting to form some sort of long term friendship with said bandit group is and will always be a option with this scenario. To me, what's said above doesn't come across as server wide issues, this seems to be just with yourself and the group you are with. Nothing we have done as a group has been taken OOCly but it seems to have swung that way for yourselves. That's just my two cents.

lol

These things are like a std my man. They flare up sometimes and they cool down. I don't think there is anyway to completely solve this issue so you just kinda gotta swallow the big pill and ride it out. 

Dusty    1061
Just now, Hannibal Lecter said:

I don't mind being robbed or anything instead I like hostile RP more than the friendly RP. Because simply it makes good stories. But when I get that this guy is taking the situation way too seriously this is where the "fun" disappears. I will give respect and thank you in TS if the hostile RP was so good. 

So you want good RP, but you don't want people to take it seriously? Usually, you can't have one without the other. In fact, a common gripe people have is that people don't take RP seriously enough.

Also, just because someone is taking the RP seriously doesn't mean they're a dickhead OOC. Once again, that's your issue to deal with. 

1 hour ago, Mexi said:

Mexi, brother, this post reflects my OWN opinions. For me I like what you guys doing cause it makes surviving extremely challenging. But I also don't like the fact that OOC hate is spreading around the community. 

Im talking as "Hannibal Lecter" not "Sid Anderson": my character or a member of a group. 

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

So you want good RP, but you don't want people to take it seriously? Usually, you can't have one without the other. In fact, a common gripe people have is that people don't take RP seriously enough.

Also, just because someone is taking the RP seriously doesn't mean they're a dickhead OOC. Once again, that's your issue to deal with. 

Bro what I meant is give me that good hostile RP I wanna feel it. But I can tell if someone crossing the line. Fuck it you can rob "Sid Anderson" anytime you see him but make it interesting. 

Edited by Hannibal Lecter

I think really no matter most victims of aggressive roleplay or hostilities end up always feeling upset. Most don't enjoy the experience, and fire back saying, "It wasn't enjoyable, it was crap roleplay!" On the other hand usually the same feelings are shared by the aggressor. The hostage doesn't feel pain, the hostage doesn't talk enough, the hostage doesn't show value for his life. In most cases people just have a negative experience with it. What makes a good roleplayer is someone able to make the best of a bad situation. It's easy to blame the other party, but do you really feel you gave it your best in these situations?

OOC hate comes simply from Teamspeak. People sit in there, and spread rumors back and forth. People have wild stories about others, and when you have 10+ people together in a channel, guess what happens? You generate a mob mentality, and it spreads. 

2 minutes ago, Post said:

I think really no matter most victims of aggressive roleplay or hostilities end up always feeling upset. Most don't enjoy the experience, and fire back saying, "It wasn't enjoyable, it was crap roleplay!" On the other hand usually the same feelings are shared by the aggressor. The hostage doesn't feel pain, the hostage doesn't talk enough, the hostage doesn't show value for his life. In most cases people just have a negative experience with it. What makes a good roleplayer is someone able to make the best of a bad situation. It's easy to blame the other party, but do you really feel you gave it your best in these situations?

OOC hate comes simply from Teamspeak. People sit in there, and spread rumors back and forth. People have wild stories about others, and when you have 10+ people together in a channel, guess what happens? You generate a mob mentality, and it spreads. 

Exactly, the problem can be on both sides. Hostiles can be bad RPs and the hostage or the other player too. 

One player can influence a dozen by OOC hate. 

1 minute ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

Once again if you are too stupid to understand. THIS MY OWN FUCKING OPINION. 

Calm down there.

I agree OOC hate is a big thing in this community right now and it's sad. The problem is the people who have OOC hate have 2 different types of roleplay, Campfire and bandits but hey its cool.

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

Once again if you are too stupid to understand. THIS MY OWN FUCKING OPINION. 

That's pretty toxic and hateful. Calm down skipper.