Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:24
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
LuckyMcHatchet

Group Idea

So first off, let me say this lore I've written up is a very rough draft, so there's bound to be errors and things that need to be polished.

The idea behind the group is this: We try to keep the balance of power in Chernarus level. If a group gets out of hand, we'll do everything we can to restore the balance. This is not set in stone however, and we are really just planning on playing together and see where that takes us. Whether we are Hero or Bandit completely depends on what we feel like doing on that particular day. That said, we aren't going to hold up just lone guys in the event that we're in a bandit-y mood. Lone targets are no fun.

Here's the lore:

Spoiler

The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world not destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside ... Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them... the weak will become prey to the strong.

- Thomas Paine

The Wolverine Era

Jack Radford betrayed The Burners for the gang of thugs known as VISTA. This did not come as a surprise to anyone who had been around him in the last week, but aggression towards the members of his former crew was. He had pent up his hatred for Toni and Shaun for quite some time, and when it was combined with Jack Barnes' own disdain for The Burners, conflict was destined to take place one way or the other, but it did not come as many would think.
The 7 men from The Burners received the news over the radio. Toni, the leader of The Burners, had taken his new protege and bowed his knee to the men we swore to see dead. Allying ourselves with these scum was one thing, but the complete lack of input from the rest of the group was the straw that broke the camel's back. They ruminated over it for a while, but each of the 7 men knew what they were going to do, deep within their hearts, as soon as they got the radio transmission. Paul, Yakov, Ray, Axel, Brady, Artyom, and Tyrone were going rogue.

A few hours later, a transmission over The Burners' radio frequency slashed the morale of the 7 men. Not content to simply become puppets of VISTA, Toni, Shaun, Ron and Matej had participated in VISTA's assault on the trading post at Komarovo. Innocent blood had been spilled by The Burners within hours of the alliance. The 7 men, now calling themselves "Wolverines", after a favorite childhood movie they shared, decided among themselves to resupply at their caches and then head south to try and contact the Green Mountain Trading Co. to assist in reclaiming the post. The Trading Co. had always given fair deals to them, and Wolverines were set on helping avenge those fair traders slain by VISTA and their puppets. Traveling along the road near Novaya Petrovka, Paul recalled a nearby camp that was stocked to the brim with supplies, things Wolverines needed if they were to help reclaim and rebuild the trading post. Yakov took up a vantage point with his rifle while the rest of the men moved on the compound and searched for the camp's occupants. Yakov called over walkie-talkie that he had spotted at least one man through the upstairs window of a warehouse. Wolverines did not kill for sport, but they needed those supplies. It was at this time that three armed men exited the compound and started trekking north through a field that the Wolverines all had eyes on. Yakov had spotted no more men inside, so the Wolverines decided to try and let them go then sneak in quietly, but the 3 armed men in the field abruptly turned back in the middle of the field. Thinking on the fly, Artyom and Paul hit the deck next to a small stone wall, Ray stood up next to the wall and attempted to lure the armed men over, while Axel and Yakov had taken up positions up the hill to the north. As soon as they were within earshot Artyom ordered the men to drop their weapons, and one of the men raised his rifle to fire at Ray. Artyom and Paul each stood up from the wall and let forth a barrage of gunfire on the two closest men, ending both their lives in an instant. The remaining man was a ways back in the field, on the ground after having been shot by Yakov. He fired a single, inaccurate round at Ray, Paul and Arytom before the final bit of life was snuffed out by the Wolverines. The crew then turned their attention towards the compound, meticulously clearing the tight angles of the mill. They quickly grabbed what they could and headed south, towards the trading post.

With that firefight ended, the Wolverines realized none of them had been injured. To not take a round in such chaos, when so many are whizzing through the air, was a mixture of skill, positioning and good fortune. The Wolverines had their first brief firefight and had come out on top. Perhaps small in the grand scheme, but it sky-rocketed the confidence of some of the greener boys, while also easing the minds of the experienced men. Not only could they survive on their own, they could bring a quick death to any who would stand in their way.

The Absent Leader

The Wolverines tried their best to hold to their ideals, but yet again fell prey to ineffective leadership. This time, however, it was not a leader deciding the fate of his men against their will, but instead the lack of a leader whatsoever.

Tyrone had assumed an almost dictatorial role after the split from the Burners, and the men allowed this because of their trust in him. Soon though, he showed his true colors. During their war, if you could even call it that, against a group of survivors the Wolverines later found out were Alliance, Tyrone ordered all operations ceased. Many Wolverines quickly objected to this. Wolverines had been slain in the fight against the Alliance, and we were not simply going to forgive and forget those lives lost because our leader ordered it. Soon, Tyrone separated from the rest of the group without much explanation as to why, or where, he was going. At first, he maintained semi-regular contact via radio, but soon ceased responding all together. Wolverines scoured the land for Tyrone, but he was nowhere to be found.

By this time, the Wolverines had established themselves, making their names known through their deeds in opposition of VISTA. Even without Tyrone's lead, Wolverines did what they could to weaken VISTA; Robberies, Snatch & Grabs, an all out assault on Camp Endeavour. It had the desired effect, and VISTA's numbers soon dwindled. They still outnumbered Wolverines, but at least we were making our mark upon them.

With Tyrone seemingly gone from Chernarus, the remaining Wolverines saw an opportunity to form group they truly envisioned all those months ago. One man could not be trusted to lead anyone but himself. Every man would be equal. Sure, you must have people who suggest things. And you will most definitely have those who object to those things. But nobody is under any obligation to follow any "order" given to him. Outsiders may see this as a pipe dream, something that can never work in the real world. But to these few who have bonded through hardship, who have been welded to one another through the fires of conquest, and have emerged alive as brothers, this is the only true way to live.

The Vanguard Of Balance

The Wolverines were not destroyed, as many would think. Instead, what remained of them evolved into something more. They became keepers of balance. No select group of men can allowed to become too powerful, as they saw with VISTA. Allowed to grow unchecked, they destroyed the best hope for Chernarus, the GMTC. Following the massacre, Wolverines took action against VISTA and their numbers fell, thus keeping them in check. We all know you can never eradicate what many would call "Evil" simply because the world is not so black and white, only shades of gray. True evil and True good do not exist, especially now that the old world has crumbled. That is why we strive to keep the balance, because everyone sees themselves as the good guy.

I'm not well versed in making threads look pretty, so I'll have to learn how to do that.

Edited by LuckyMcHatchet

Boston    772

I think that the group is quite distinguishable from all of the other groups we have seen over the past few months. Recently, we've either seen:

A) I'm a badass that murders people and eats babies for a living.

B) I'm a super UN Rainbow Six Operative that can deploy a supersonic zombie sensor and I'm here to save the day. 

C) I'm a super neutral and not affiliated with anything type of person. I don't care what happens.

This idea is more along the lines of a neutral type of group, but kindof borrows from the Checks & Balances portion of Government. It's an interesting idea, and I'd like to see it put into play. You would have to have a lot, and I mean a lot of people with you though, otherwise you would have people rebelling against your ideology of control and making sure nobody gets too much power. I would also imagine there being a large PVP dynamic to the group, so bear that in mind when recruiting.

Overall, it will be a hard task to accomplish, but if you play your cards right, I imagine this being one of the groups that furthers not only a new PVP dynamic to the server, but also a distinguished RP dynamic aswell.

If you need help with this, don't hesitate to contact a LM (I would recommend @Staggs) for assistance!

See you in-game. ;)

Bradley    0

You are going to get into a lot of trouble with trying to restore balance when a group gets out of hand. You will make a lot of enemies and your members will get tried of being killed or taken so doing this idea had to be lead by someone that knows there way around leading a group and knowing the rules inside and out. You will get into a lot of hostile situations and some allies and like I said many enemies play this out right and you will have a good group on your hands. 

But like @Boston said ask one of the lore masters with the idea and so you can develop it further they will help you out s lot. Now I know this is not on your list at the moment but before you post the group get everything right for example graphics lore and layout etc... if this is done well then you will have an outstanding group on your hands. Good luck. 

Edited by Bradley

Beni    862
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

You are going to get into a lot of trouble with trying to restore balance when a group gets out of hand. You will make a lot of enemies and your members will get tried of being killed or taken so doing this idea had to be lead by someone that knows there way around leading a group and knowing the rules inside and out. You will get into a lot of hostile situations and some allies and like I said many enemies play this out right and you will have a good group on your hands. 

But like @Beni said ask one of the lore masters with the idea and so you can develop it further they will help you out s lot. Now I know this is not on your list at the moment but before you post the group get everything right for example graphics lore and layout etc... if this is done well then you will have an outstanding group on your hands. Good luck. 

Um... You mean @Boston

Dusty    1577

Sounds interesting, but right now there are like 3 different groups trying to be the biggest and baddest, and all of them have a lot of numbers on each night. If you do this, just expect to die a lot or get taken hostage a lot. If that is something that makes you mad or not want to play RP, then I suggest you re-evaluate the group you're making.

Even if it's something you have no problem with, I can promise you that it will wear you down to not want to play the game if it happens constantly. You'll also need a lot of people if you want to actually have a decent chance at winning fights against the big groups right now. Just keep all of this in mind if you try it out.

13 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Sounds interesting, but right now there are like 3 different groups trying to be the biggest and baddest, and all of them have a lot of numbers on each night. If you do this, just expect to die a lot or get taken hostage a lot. If that is something that makes you mad or not want to play RP, then I suggest you re-evaluate the group you're making.

Even if it's something you have no problem with, I can promise you that it will wear you down to not want to play the game if it happens constantly. You'll also need a lot of people if you want to actually have a decent chance at winning fights against the big groups right now. Just keep all of this in mind if you try it out.

My guys and I almost always fight outnumbered. You don't have to go head-to-head with a group to weaken them. Also, who did your group graphics? They're awesome.

Dusty    1577
2 minutes ago, LuckyMcHatchet said:

My guys and I almost always fight outnumbered. You don't have to go head-to-head with a group to weaken them. Also, who did your group graphics? They're awesome.

A lot of groups lately don't run around unless they're 10+ deep. My own group most of the time runs around with less than 10 unless we have allies helping us out. 

If you're gonna fight outnumbered most of the time, you're probably gonna want to adopt a YOLO strategy and just go balls deep in firefights. Also gotta play the fights really smart, and try to stay on the defensive. If you get too aggressive, you can get picked off really easily.

Regarding the graphics, that would be @Mamba who is great at creating group graphics. Not sure if he's taking any requests right now, but you could always PM him and see if he would want to do graphics for you.

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

A lot of groups lately don't run around unless they're 10+ deep. My own group most of the time runs around with less than 10 unless we have allies helping us out. 

If you're gonna fight outnumbered most of the time, you're probably gonna want to adopt a YOLO strategy and just go balls deep in firefights. Also gotta play the fights really smart, and try to stay on the defensive. If you get too aggressive, you can get picked off really easily.

Regarding the graphics, that would be @Mamba who is great at creating group graphics. Not sure if he's taking any requests right now, but you could always PM him and see if he would want to do graphics for you.

I remember Akrasia back in the day. Y'all were solid at PVP, I learned that the hard way more than once lol. The thing about fighting outnumbered is that you almost have to rely on the element of surprise. You need to shoot first, and that's not very compatible on DayZRP.

I officially created the group. The current logo is just a placeholder while @Sylvester Todd does his magic, and when my boys get on, they'll accept the invites as well. I added a whole lot to the lore too. And the name is subject to change until I hear what the boys have to say. Let me know what y'all think: Group

Edited by LuckyMcHatchet

Sylvester Todd    403
1 hour ago, LuckyMcHatchet said:

I officially created the group. The current logo is just a placeholder while @Sylvester Todd does his magic, and when my boys get on, they'll accept the invites as well. I added a whole lot to the lore too. And the name is subject to change until I hear what the boys have to say. Let me know what y'all think: Group

I spent the day half drunk, so I will be on it, finished sometime tonight or tomorrow

Wong    0

Good luck with it. Will be challenging but if you get the right people and enough people to held would be fun to see