Server time: 2017-08-17, 10:00

Sign in to follow this  
Tyran

S2 barely being used

Tyran    0

Every day, I wake up, and open the DayZRP website, to check how many people are on each server.

When I do this, I always notice S1 EU is packed out, and when I try to join, there's around a 20 person queue, when there's no more than 20 people on S2 US.

Why don't people just join S2 instead? It's sad seeing a server I used to play on get no attention, when we all know there's enough people to fill both.

House    4

If 20 people in queue are from EU it is understandable that they would rather wait. I personally cant really play on S2, ping is too high so the lag destroys everything. I have heard from a lot of people that S2 performance is bad for them and they prefer S1 because of it.

Rolle    2440

We have 200-300 players daily, but they spread out over those 24 hours due to different timezones, so there's never 120 people in game at the same time. Also our prime time is the EU evening, so S1 which is hosted in London gets the main attention. S2 was recently reinstalled and feedback showed that it helped a little bit with the performance. In the end people want to play on the server that will give them the highest chance of interaction and RP, so I don't blame them for queuing for S1 instead of joining S2. We're still waiting on those promised 100 slot servers from DayZ Development team I guess :) 2020

I don't think I've ever seen s2 full(Recently), and I play US times. 

I, myself, wait in the S1 ques because of higher chance of interaction. As well as better server performance.

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

I don't think I've ever seen s2 full(Recently), and I play US times. 

I, myself, wait in the S1 ques because of higher chance of interaction. As well as better server performance.

This, and friends and enemies are on S1, wouldn't have much to do on S2.

I almost never go on S2, because most of the good roleplayers are EU and are on S1. Soz.... 

DarkSide    229
1 minute ago, Vapor said:

I almost never go on S2, because most of the good roleplayers are EU and are on S1. Soz.... 

I mean you aren't wrong. I would take lag and good RRRRPpers then no lag any day

Rolle    2440
10 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Right now,

Is US prime time :^)

It's 16:00 or so in mid-US. So the prime US time shouldn't start for another 4 hours or so.

But it's 'murica, I don't know how time works for you :D

Boston    643

I would imagine the reason being for S2's lack of use is simply because of the fact that it's the secondary server. How bad does that sound? Do you want to go to the first server, where everyone is at and doing things? Or the second one for the people who couldn't wait to get into a server in the first place. It's simply just the fact that S1 is known for having a better rep overall, and a better experience with more roleplay, and it's full. It's a bit of a task to run into someone at all these days in RP, so would you go for the full one, or the quarter full one?

IMHO, S2 would be better off closed. People can wait for a few spare minutes to get into a server, that's what the queue system is for.

1 hour ago, Rolle said:

It's 16:00 or so in mid-US. So the prime US time shouldn't start for another 4 hours or so.

But it's 'murica, I don't know how time works for you :D

I was thinking it's also the weekend,

You'd probably get more traffic on a saturday, then a week day.

HappyPenguin    44

I use to play on S2 a lot but most of the time the main action that happens in DayZRP is in S1 now 

General    10

Normally i'll just wait to get on S1 since my friends play on there, and when enemies are online. But ill hop on S2 if i'm solo or with 1 friend. I think it would be too hard to get a lot of people to start using S2 which is a shame 

S2 is something I go on when I just died and I need to re gear, when it's online, but really I don't use S2 because like @General said I wait for to get into S1 everyone plays on that one and normally that's were all the best rp is in my opinion. 

Chow    45

Because S2 sucks for people who're not from the states.

S2 just gets too buggy for me sometimes. Plus, mostly everyone plays on S1 anyways so it makes sense that people would choose it over the other.

Jamie    1173

I've not experienced it myself, but people can lag on S2 sometimes. And we have to cater for everyone. We have lots of new users sign up daily as seen on the homepage, and having S2 as a backup is fine. It's there if we need it on weekends and whatnot. Some people aren't prepared to spend time waiting in a queue to join S1, so they join S2. There was a time where S1 would be full during peak times then S2 would slowly build up and be full US times. When they release the bigger servers, that should resolve the issue, even if it's in 40 years. 

S2 is rubbish I always lag and well hardly use it because there is never more than 10 people on it 

Joshie    70
On 2/11/2017 at 3:55 PM, Rolle said:

We have 200-300 players daily, but they spread out over those 24 hours due to different timezones, so there's never 120 people in game at the same time. Also our prime time is the EU evening, so S1 which is hosted in London gets the main attention. S2 was recently reinstalled and feedback showed that it helped a little bit with the performance. In the end people want to play on the server that will give them the highest chance of interaction and RP, so I don't blame them for queuing for S1 instead of joining S2. We're still waiting on those promised 100 slot servers from DayZ Development team I guess :) 2020

100 slot servers! I really hope that comes, damn.

Shroud    98
2 hours ago, equiinox said:

100 slot servers! I really hope that comes, damn.

Yeah if that is ever a thing then realistically for this many players you really only would need one server, for now however i think both servers should stay open.

S2 is mostly a regear server or for people that  just want PvE.    I am in the US and have better play experiences with S1.   S2 is usually crappy.  Either way there was a time when during US timezone that we would have almost 2 full servers.