Server time: 2018-09-25, 10:02

Sign in to follow this  
gElmo

What Are You Up To?

I have deleted the key to switch to 3rd person and it makes a world of difference for RP it takes away the comfort of situational awareness because you don't know what's right around the corner. It gives me a enhanced value and connection with my character its really a whole new experience to be stuck in first person. Would highly recommend deleting the toggle view key (Enter) and just  play for a few days and see how much it changes how you feel.

I've been RP'ing with mai boy @DerSchnitzler and his mate, we've been walking, not jogging, through the lands, doing some good internal RP as well as expanding our stories, like yesterday and such we had a little bit of a spat IC'ly and there's a little bit of tension. So who knows what'll happen, but it's been near the best RP times I've had. 

just back after a long break, going to build a little community with some people I have come across. Still enjoy the RP 5 years later :) Might try to RP my way to finding the Hidden Garden location and see if people there want to trade :) 

I tried RPing with people, didn't go well, haven't played since.

Last 3-4 times I was in game I ran around trying to find RP, Vybor /VMC/NWAF then Tisy, and back. Couldn't find a single soul, the only few people I saw was in the distance, running away from me. Haven't been on since, which is a while.

I meet a lot of people who have characters that are...almost impossible to interact with.

Example. I met a man today who told me he needed a gass mask. when I told him the down sides to wearing one, he told me it was only to cover his face.  he then went on to tell me about how he cut all the skin off his face and lost his one eye. he then went on to tell me about how his brother stabbed his eye out with a fork, so he forced his own brother to eat it before killing him.  What the holy fuck am I supposed to do with that information other than leave him immediately.

I meet some normal people but it seems to be day 1 of the apocalypse for them. those people are difficult to interact with as well...cause...well...how did you survive all this time? when you ask that question they usually just say they were in a "Bunker" or just "got into the country" and ive even had more times than I can count that they were in a "Coma" and when asked who took care of them they all tell me that they have no idea. Plot holes bother me and make me not trust you. (IC of course)

We need a lore wipe.  Bring the apocalypse back to a reasonable date and time frame.

Edited by Winslow

11 minutes ago, SomeWeirdAssGuy said:

Last 3-4 times I was in game I ran around trying to find RP, Vybor /VMC/NWAF then Tisy, and back. Couldn't find a single soul, the only few people I saw was in the distance, running away from me. Haven't been on since, which is a while.

That's my usual experience.   or there are 20 people on the server and 15 of them are fighting in a town ahead of me.  you cant go near the town or those people cry NVFL and will shoot you on sight cause they think that protects them...even if there hasn't been shooting for 30 minutes...lol

I'm just bicking back being bool.

You know, when I'm not being one shot by zombies, dying to 1 fps bug, logging in as a fresh spawn or getting shot by everyone else on the server. 

My character is just starting to explore the world. At first he just thought it was just him and his wife (who is dead, but he is in denial). However, I met a guy yesterday, so now my character believes there are other people out there. People who need help, so I was thinking to set up a little farm or something like that in order to help people who need it or arrange some kind of trade.  

Get in game, spawn in then try to gear up a little while sneaking around some of the smaller towns. Only bumped into zombies at the moment, nothing living and yet I'm enjoying it for some reason. Maybe because the zombies feel like more of a threat right now.

I have a subplot of trying to see if any of my old group members are still alive but primarily I'm trying to find friendlies to get into contact with. I'd like to join a group but by doing it all IC'ly and not using the forums.

I'm being very cautious in game at the moment, walking and stealthy moving through towns. I'm also purposely unarmed to make things more difficult for myself. Just hoping for some random encounters to spice things up.

I'm currently observing Poland factory before I look for some tradable industrial items.

Having fun with it at the moment which is nice. Not trying to force things and see what happens. Trying to recreate when I first started to play DayZ and just wanting my character to survive and if I can try to help people as I moved around. I miss playing like this and it's nice to feel some fear again. Striping the game back to a survival sim and to what the game caught my interest in the first place with the bonus of it being in a RP community.

Get in game people and try to take it back to what first brought you here. You just might start to get a piece of that enthusiasm back. Don't force things just enjoy trying to survive again.

Edited by Samaritan

Right now I am trying to build my characters backstory and maybe it will come to the end for the lore restart but I don't know that yet. I am trying to make rp moments last so whom I am doing with can have an amazing time while doing so. Just trying to help people on there way as I am a doctor and really I have everything on my character by having enemies and having some many allies and getting me stones name out there now I am really up to finding the ending of one of a great story that I have had with doctor stone but really I haven't that rp moment to do so. 

If it doesn't come to my characters perma death then like I said above make my big story's with other characters and try and find a new group right now that can ask me join within in game because that what I strive for within IC and that's how I joined black skull they asked me to join IC and I didn't use the forums so that's a bonus. Overall trying to find / make bigger stories.... 

Mostly roaming around, i barely ever find good RP anymore. It also seems like there's less people on in general. Also, i tend to like coastal interactions and it seems like everyone is inland getting into wars and whatnot.

Trying to build a few friendships here and there. Recently did a couple things with Akrasia to kinda get on their good side so that we can get along and such.

Continuing to develop my character slowly and just hanging out for the most part. I admit that I haven't seen a ton of stuff going on, but meeting people is still nice. I haven't really had any bad experiences in the past few weeks, but nothing extraordinary either.

I've been RPing a lot with @Lyca recently. We've had some interesting and lengthy RP sessions, its been a developing experience for both of our characters (I hope). 

I've also been hunting down @Western for his vile treachery :') and seeking out @Bradley to find out exactly what happened and to grovel at his feet for failing him. In other news, I've been "searching" for some nasty people who tortured my sorry ass to seek some well-deserved vengeance, which, to an extent, I've already exacted :) 

Been getting myself into a bit of mischief too actually, taken my character in a more cynical and condescending direction, its helped me in acquiring some unwanted attention to some of my character's aliases, for example his new "William" persona, who acts like your typical, pompous British gentleman with a sarcastic and condescending sense of humour. More than once have I had someone say to me "oh yeah, by the way, so and so was having a look for you but they think you're someone else." I must admit it amuses me both IC and OOC.

Also, recently taken (Januaryish) to giving my character a 7 lives system. Once he dies to players fairly or legitimate environmental kills, he loses a life. Once he reaches 0, he will be permanently killed by the last thing to have taken his life in game. Its brought back an element of the survival to my RP, my character is no longer invincible (from a RP standpoint) and I must take steps to preserve his life. So far, I've been succeeding, losing 0 lives since I implemented the rule for myself :D I know most people probably think that is ridiculous but I advise you to try it, there is a whole new dimension to the game that opens itself up to you once you try ^_^

I've recently came back to the game after a long break but lately I've just being meeting up with randoms and going on supplies runs and telling a shit ton of stories, as well as listening to others too. Really enjoying the game again but unfortunately I haven't found anyone that I can save as I yet as my new character is a hero/survivor and tries to avoid conflict where possible but won't hesistate to help other's that are in need.

Mainly spent most of my time the last few days with @Realizepc and tbh I've had a blast. Couldn't have wished for 2 better guys to get back into the RP scene with tbh but a lot has changed and I have a lot to learn :P

Also back from a break.

Trying to roleplay casually and see how rusty I have gotten. If I get bitten by a RP fly again and start playing more often I might post my group idea that I've been drafting for couple of months. Population on the server seems to be quite low so having difficulties actually finding anyone to roleplay with. 

Trying to find Antibiotics because I gave mine to a guy who had an infected gun shot wound.

I dont need them for anything specific, but you never know when that kind of stuff will come in handy like it did yesterday.

I've been getting on and farming and gathering wood in the same place I've always been. Came across a few kind souls who have helped me out, don't know their names though. 

Even when there are 40+ people on the server I struggle to find anyone. Got robbed two times, which gave my character some experience to be careful to trust people. I even gave ammo to one of them prior to being led into a trap! Since then I've been playing more of loner and haven't had any RP since. I guess I have to travel back to the coast.

Last time I joined the server, I almost got robbed, it if wasn't for a infected that attacked the bandit.

Ran away north, found two guys initiating on someone, and ran away again, since I had no ammo.

Found three boys going down a road, we had a small chat and went separate ways.

Tried RP'ing in Novaya whilst looting stuff, but didn't get any attention.

Sat inside the cemetery, trying radio frequencies for about ten minutes, but didn't find anything other than a Lost guy that I helped to localize himself.

Pretty meh.

I have my personal quest of going around the churches to find a Bible. I'm peacefully walking around and I've met a lot of fellow travelers, we often parted ways after exchanging a couple of words and wishing each other the best of luck; but sometimes folks stick around and we end up on the other side of the country after escaping two robberies and fending off a horde of nasties. Go with the flow, it's less fun if you make the encounters happen !

Finding what's left of my family. Purging the land of the cruel, wicked, and weak. 

This and This is what I've been up to. Excuse my language. 

I was stuck there for quite some time to say the least.

18 hours ago, TimothyRork17 said:

This and This is what I've been up to. Excuse my language. 

I was stuck there for quite some time to say the least.

I've been out of the game for quite a while, so when someone told me to keep my gun out in case we'd run into wolves I thought it was just good RP...

Untill I found out it wasn't. Ran for the nearest tower I could find screaming like a little girl :D