Server time: 2017-08-23, 06:31

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Romenthegreat

Info (open freq)

"hello Dr Carlson here I will keep this short in sweet have anyone seen anyone with brain cancer or Alzheimer turned in to infected i need this for research please all I asked." He said in to the radio as he was walking. 

Species    239

*Daithi hears the quick message through one of his several radios he has acquired. He presses the PTT and responds*

Best bet is to just start capturing infected, I don't think anyone would know which infected had what before they were turned. Plus if this research is for the better I'm pretty sure you could find someone who is willing to help you out. Good luck.

*radio silence*

Skinner    440

*Doctor West is sterilizing his surgical instruments with bleach and water when he hears the broadcast. Drying his hands with a towel, he picks up his radio to respond*

Infected individuals with Alzheimer's disease or brain cancer? *Scoffs* Please, I fail to see the significance of- 

*Pausing for a moment, he quickly opens his research notes to a page titled "SR-1" scanning the page, he responds, his voice rich with curiosity*

An interesting question... I haven't been looking for anything like this, although I have documented a marked increase in susceptibility to the SR-1 virus when the host is at an advanced age. Until now I had attributed this to the strength of the immune system, but perhaps you're onto something Doctor Carlson. Determining if the subject suffered from Alzheimer's disease or had brain cancer should be exceedingly easy for me to do, my name is Doctor West and I'm a pathologist. I'll look into this and let you know what I find out.

Jenny, are you about? Can I count on your assistance with this? Severograd had a talented Neurologist on staff, regarded as one of the best in Chernarus. If their medical records are intact it may be possible to cross reference their records with any identification we may be able to find in infected persons. 

*Putting his radio down, he quickly closes his notes and searches the desk drawer for the set of keys to the Severograd Hospital offices*

@Sofie

1 hour ago, TheMatt924 said:

*Doctor West is sterilizing his surgical instruments with bleach and water when he hears the broadcast. Drying his hands with a towel, he picks up his radio to respond*

Infected individuals with Alzheimer's disease or brain cancer? *Scoffs* Please, I fail to see the significance of- 

*Pausing for a moment, he quickly opens his research notes to a page titled "SR-1" scanning the page, he responds, his voice rich with curiosity*

An interesting question... I haven't been looking for anything like this, although I have documented a marked increase in susceptibility to the SR-1 virus when the host is at an advanced age. Until now I had attributed this to the strength of the immune system, but perhaps you're onto something Doctor Carlson. Determining if the subject suffered from Alzheimer's disease or had brain cancer should be exceedingly easy for me to do, my name is Doctor West and I'm a pathologist. I'll look into this and let you know what I find out.

Jenny, are you about? Can I count on your assistance with this? Severograd had a talented Neurologist on staff, regarded as one of the best in Chernarus. If their medical records are intact it may be possible to cross reference their records with any identification we may be able to find in infected persons. 

*Putting his radio down, he quickly closes his notes and searches the desk drawer for the set of keys to the Severograd Hospital offices*

@Sofie

*Docter Carlson click the ptt* Thanks I will tell you if i find something indeed."

Jenny rubs her temples. The headache had made it impossible for her to think straight before now.

" Sooo... you need me to travel to Severograd? Basically anyone can be your mule Doc. As long as they know what the scribbles on some notebooks mean... "

She glances at the empty bookshelf in front of her. Missing the smell and feel of paper.

" I'll accompany you if that's what you wish. In need of some... reading material myself. "

She takes a short break, letting her mind speak freely.

" Alzheimers and brain cancer? I am no neurologist, however, I am curious to why these two diseases interest you the most Doctor - uh- Carlson. Lack of function cells? Deposits having a protective effect? Less activity in the synapses of the brain nerves? Must admit that I have not known anyone in person that suffers from Alzheimer's after the virus spread, nor have I met any strangers acting fluttery. At the same time, it will be quite difficult to give a definite diagnosis with the equipment available... And brain cancer? I would assume that both these diseases would be the death of the patient in the first place. How long have it been... must at least been a couple of years without treatment and spreading of their disease... "

Jenny sounds sceptical. Not likely to bring her hopes up before having solid evidence.