Server time: 2017-08-19, 01:54

Sign in to follow this  
APureGamer

RDM punishment.

APureGamer    55

Just my opinion here. Why is an RDM verdict a 3 day ban and a false report is 7 days?? (I don't actually know the full RDM  punishment) but its significantly less than a false report. Shouldn't it be the opposite? Making a false report is worse then randomly shooting someone in the head ?? I thought it would be the other way around.                                             EDIT : I understand the difference between RDM and KOS I'm specifically  talking about RDM.

Edited by APureGamer

Species    237
5 minutes ago, APureGamer said:

Just my opinion here. Why is an RDM verdict a 3 day ban and a false report is 7 days?? (I don't actually know the full RDM  punishment) but its significantly less than a false report. Shouldn't it be the opposite? Making a false report is worse then randomly shooting someone in the head ?? I thought it would be the other way around.                                             EDIT : I understand the difference between RDM and KOS I'm specifically  talking about RDM.

A false report is worse because it is blatantly going out of your way to attempt to get someone banned, even though no rules are broken. It wastes both staff time and others for your own personnel gain.

False report is 5 days. Lying in a report is 7.

RDM can also easily be done on accident, but False Reports are clearly on purpose with malicious intent. I think the punishments are adequate. 

Edited by Bruce

Shadows    1000
1 hour ago, Bruce said:

RDM can also easily be done on accident, but False Reports are clearly on purpose with malicious intent. I think the punishments are adequate. 

This pretty much.

You can mis-ID someone, get reported, and then take a ban. Nothing you did OOC can control that. If you go out of your way to make a false-report to get someone else banned then there is some clear ill intent there that is far more unnecessary and could've been prevented much easier.

APureGamer    55
2 hours ago, Shadows said:

This pretty much.

You can mis-ID someone, get reported, and then take a ban. Nothing you did OOC can control that. If you go out of your way to make a false-report to get someone else banned then there is some clear ill intent there that is far more unnecessary and could've been prevented much easier.

I see the point now. But to be fair.. If someone decides to make a report and no rule is broken it can be considered a false report. Honestly I haven't seen an actual false report in a few months. 

5 minutes ago, APureGamer said:

Honestly I haven't seen an actual false report in a few months. 

http://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/80927-s1-gm-summer-camp-kos-meta-ruleplay/?do=findComment&comment=1484501

http://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/80749-metagaming-rdm-ruleplay-by-floor-11/?do=findComment&comment=1482790

Both of these were against the group I was in, filed by the same group. Fun stuff.

APureGamer    55
3 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Oh wow. I actually forgot about these happening. Im provin wrong lol 

Either way, it shoule be said that just because someone isn't guilty in a report or there was no rule break, false reports are generally reserved for (1) making up rule breaks they clearly didn't happen, or (2) it will be handed out because it's clear the person making the report doesn't understand the rules.

For instance, if I don't understand what an initiation is but you have video proving you clearly initiated, it can be a false report because I'm either salty I died and refuse to accept it, or I just have no clue what an initiation is, I heard it, and I don't show any signs up understanding what I did wrong myself. Just a quick example. However, if I put up a report for metagaming with reasonable cause but you have video proving no metagaming was done, then it may not be a false report because there was evidence I didn't have. May not be the best examples but I'm just trying to make up scenarios.

In either light, in the examples of a false report above, either my salt or lack of knowledge could cause more damage than me accidentally RDMing someone, in which case a harsher punishment is necessary, imo. Lying in a report (7 day ban, since you mentioned it in the OP) is something else completely and should be punished harshly.

Alex    451
6 hours ago, Bruce said:

Pretty much this, False Reports have long been deemed more serious than RDM in terms of punishments. 

Ellie    335

As you said in some other thread, you've been in the community for almost 3 years right? How is this even a question? I would assume you've been around the block a couple of times at this point and have seen plenty of examples (in reports) on why this is punished the way it is and why it's harsher than a simple thing as RDM. Hopefully the reports Tosh linked gave you some insight as to why. 

I'm assuming you know now but, how you did not know the RDM punishment at this point in time, and with being here for so long is beyond me. 

Castiel    1124

False report should be 7 days ban to be honest. One of the worst thing someone can do is going out of their way to lie and/or bend the truth just to get someone in trouble for something they didn't do on a gaming community. It's in my opinion worse than KoS, at least that can be done by mistake, whereas a false report is solely made with malicious intent and is nothing short of spiteful.