Server time: 2017-10-19, 01:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Tyran

Horrible RP experiences lately

Tyran    0

Having been in the community for almost 3 years now, I would like to say I've seen my fair share of good RP, but the good:bad RP ratio has been balancing out for the latter lately. Now, I'm really guessing it is just my bad luck of finding bad RPers, and they have definitely always existed, but it just seems as if most people get on the server to get fully geared AKs, full miltary clothing, and walk around acting badass. The only exception I've had lately were the hippies, and Jamie's patriarchy-fighting character, and those 2 encounters weren't even a quarter of all the encounters I had yesterday.

Groups of 8 people running around, saying absolutely nothing (and if they do, you can easily hear their companions over their TS), being attracted to gunfire, and turning up just to see what type of action they can get need to stop. It kills any RP chance to see 8 people just standing around you completely silent, running around you, and showing no intention to roleplay whatsoever, if I wanted that, I'd just go and play public branch. 

This is just my experience of course, and I really want to say I've had bad luck lately, as I hope this is not the state the community's in.

Edited by Tyran
grammar

Post    0

Unfortunately I agree with you. My experiences been lackluster. I feel there's a lot of issues not being addressed or being a concern to the higher staff. More than losing people, we have lost a lot of standards and quality in the roleplay on the server. My experiences are nothing like how they were in 2015 when I first joined. I sometimes login, and log right back out with regret minutes later.

Shark    0

Pretty much gonna agree with what Post said. The quality and standards have dropped significantly in the two years I've been here. The level of RP is nowhere close to what I experienced when I first joined. There was some actual fear, and some consequences for actions people took. Now it's gear, fight, die, repeat. Occasionally circle jerk in radio chatter and have pissing contests in reports.

Vapor    0

The only time I play is when my group is on, even then I still don't have the motivation to bother with all the memes in game...

Rampage    0

When I first joined back in 2013 the role play was fairly decent.  Then as time went on it got better.  When standalone came along in late 2014, role play continued to get better.  Then at some point last year, it just tanked and continues to get extremely boring and at times downright terrible.  As someone who played almost every day for years, nowadays, I have to force myself to log on.  Everything has become way too predictable and the quality continues to decrease.   I have always believed that staff set the standard for the RP on the server.  Right now most the staff dont really care and have no self motivation to come up with good ideas to bring RP back to the standards that made this place great.  I am in no way blaming them 100% but its a good start.  On top of that the community has settled for quantity over quality and a good chunk of quality role players have been driven out.  If you browse the general discussions and suggestions, there are many good ideas being brought up, but it either takes way to long for staff to pull the trigger, or it just simply gets forgotten about.  The rules have become way too cumbersome and unique roleplay has been discouraged because a lot of things you used to be able to do, get you banned now.   On top of the that, the lore is so restrictive that original groups from the past are no longer wanted.  There really isnt one specific thing that has led to the massive decline of RP it is a lot of little things that has caused a snowball effect.  

GreekGodx    148

I kind of believe some of it has to do with the fact there is very limited features in Standalone at the moment. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of other things that we can do to improve the RP, but then again standalone only averages 2,500 people a day. A good portion of people have really just lost interest in a slow developing game. This is just my opinion, but I do agree with a lot of elements from everyone else whose replied already.

Edited by Lucius

Sofie    0

I agree with you all. Once again we can point out the problem, yet fail to find a solution.

I believe one of the reasons the quality have dropped is that we have lost many role models that used to regularly play on the servers. Creating stories for others to follow while inspiring us all to make interesting characters and storylines of our own. I am sure there are people active now that have the qualifications to achieve something similar, but people only seem to care about their own roleplay and fun. People grouping up in great numbers so they can't be beaten, staying away from populated areas to not be disturbed by randoms, making internal settlements. I miss logging onto the server, travelling around like I have always done looking for interactions and actually find someone who drags me along on their crazy adventures or wants me to be a part of their character's story without any OOC reason. 

None of us are innocent for how the roleplay is on the servers. Logging in only to have a negative attitude and giving up because of bad encounters won't improve anything. I know many don't have any high hopes for the mentoring programme, but at least it is an attempt to improve some of the things people complain about on the servers.

GreekGodx    148

I miss the old white-list where we had to actually analyze the rules and had a better understanding of why you are signing up for a role-play community. I remember spending hours making sure I knew the rules and was able to write the thousand word essay of each rule in my own words. It gave me better confidence in myself to be the best role-player I could be on the server.

Iso    1213
11 minutes ago, Lucius said:

-snip-

You joined in 2014, the same year as myself. I don't remember the whitelist being that difficult, nor encouraging for role-play.

However, I grow tired of these threads popping up every few weeks. Don't bring problems, bring solutions instead, we're already well aware of the issues regarding RP, so let's stop talking about it and give it our best in game, that is the only way we can change it really.

Marcunt    239
11 hours ago, Lucius said:

I kind of believe some of it has to do with the fact there is very limited features in Standalone at the moment. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of other things that we can do to improve the RP, but then again standalone only averages 2,500 people a day. A good portion of people have really just lost interest in a slow developing game. This is just my opinion, but I do agree with a lot of elements from everyone else whose replied already.

The lack of features wouldn't explain people's RP, considering we had way less features back in 2015 and the RP being great then. I mean, if you want an item that the game doesn't have, you have full power to RP it out as long as it doesn't go too far on the powergaming. Improvisation can do a lot to avoid the lack of features and/or items, so the gameplay really should not be the focus in this community.

Xero3451    0
12 hours ago, Rampage said:

-truth-

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I miss logging in back in late 2014-early to mid 2015 and meeting interesting characters and groups such as the family for an example.  To this day still probably the most enjoyable group I've rp'd with but now it just feels your bottle necked into such a slim variety of groups nothing feels really unique anymore.

There's a lot more things also but that's really what just stands up for me personally, it sucks having to literally force myself to log in and even then i struggle to find the drive to stay in game.

Moody o7    0

Number one problem: Everyone wants to be the biggest baddest bandit group on the server, well sorry to tell you its a boring and overused idea.

Problem 2: Vet members that think just because they've been around for a while they dont have to rp (because you know memeing is so cool now a days and doing internal rp only).

That being said, theres still rp. There's still roleplay happening. Leave the damn triangle, drop your gear and just do something new. I've use an alt character sometimes and I absolutely love it. But as I said, everyone wants to be the biggest baddest group and instead of furthering group relations through verbal rp, we always end up shooting each other because we gotta prove how big our e-pens are.

Unknown Entity    126
20 minutes ago, Xero3451 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I miss logging in back in late 2014-early to mid 2015 and meeting interesting characters and groups such as the family for an example.  To this day still probably the most enjoyable group I've rp'd with but now it just feels your bottle necked into such a slim variety of groups nothing feels really unique anymore.

There's a lot more things also but that's really what just stands up for me personally, it sucks having to literally force myself to log in and even then i struggle to find the drive to stay in game.

Good old Inmate / Family days were nice. Good stuff happened after that as well of course.

These days it's just the same old same old. Just like this thread, nothing new, all the same shit. Wait for a lorewipe and maybe it will get better.

Edited by uSx

Moody o7    0

I dont know what you guys think a lorewipe will do....Do you also expect it to wipe your memories so you will forget all the old ideas? It will do nothing, and it will be the same "You've brought this group back yaddda yadda blah blah blah" stuff. So offer some other solution that would actually work and provide new experiences for everyone.

Dora    0
16 minutes ago, Moody20 said:

I dont know what you guys think a lorewipe will do....Do you also expect it to wipe your memories so you will forget all the old ideas? It will do nothing, and it will be the same "You've brought this group back yaddda yadda blah blah blah" stuff. So offer some other solution that would actually work and provide new experiences for everyone.

Lore wipe changes everything completely. I get you're a 2016er, never experienced one before and scared to lose your character, but it'll make RP so much better. Reason why I don't play in game much is because the server is just so boring, it's like listening to a song on a loop and never switching off.

Moody o7    0

Not scared of losing character. What I'm saying is yeah iccly its all new but oocly nothing is new. Meaning regardless if you are starting fresh, people are still gonna do the same old stuff, nothing new will come of it.

Zero    453
1 minute ago, GirlGamer said:

Lore wipe changes everything completely. I get you're a 2016er, never experienced one before and scared to lose your character, but it'll make RP so much better. Reason why I don't play in game much is because the server is just so boring, it's like listening to a song on a loop and never switching off.

What do you expect to accomplish with a lore-wipe, do you really think it will force people to make and create different groups/ideas? Do you think that something is going to PHYSICALLY change in game to reflect that there is a lore-wipe other then characters saying that's it's only been a few weeks/months since shit hit the fan? I don't even care if my character/stories get wiped, but I know a lore wipe ain't gonna do jack shit. If people wanted to, they would just recreate their characters and do the same thing over again (guess what, that's what they're going to do). 

The reason the game/RP is boring is because there is absolutely nothing to do other then loot, PVP, and run around the triangle. You need something to actively keep the RP going forth, mechanics like base building, repairing and obtaining vehicles, and lore events. The only reason the mod lasted so long without lore wipes was because you could outfit and create anything you wanted into DayZRP mod. 

AndreyQ    0

As a guy that runs solo, I can definitely say that I have no interest in hoping IG. RP is predictable and boring, most of the groups are other bandits or campfireRPers that have 0 originality and are almost identical to all other groups that I have seen in the past. Quite honestly there is nothing we can do.

There are only two things that need to happen if we want RP to improve:

• a better and more finished game: things like base building that would get people to play
  • lore wipe

Other than that the only thing the staff team could do is events. Problem is Staggs is the only LM doing something while the other are basically non-existent.

Dora    0
11 minutes ago, Zero said:

What do you expect to accomplish with a lore-wipe, do you really think it will force people to make and create different groups/ideas? Do you think that something is going to PHYSICALLY change in game to reflect that there is a lore-wipe other then characters saying that's it's only been a few weeks/months since shit hit the fan? I don't even care if my character/stories get wiped, but I know a lore wipe ain't gonna do jack shit. If people wanted to, they would just recreate their characters and do the same thing over again (guess what, that's what they're going to do). 

The reason the game/RP is boring is because there is absolutely nothing to do other then loot, PVP, and run around the triangle. You need something to actively keep the RP going forth, mechanics like base building, repairing and obtaining vehicles, and lore events. The only reason the mod lasted so long without lore wipes was because you could outfit and create anything you wanted into DayZRP mod. 

You'll just never understand it until you've actually taken part of a lore wipe for yourself. You can only just assume things whereas I actually know things. No point in arguing with ya. Bottom line, Lore wipe will change everything.

Edited by GirlGamer

Moody o7    0

Ima put my 2 cents in as to why a lot of things are boring and stupid right now. 

Lets put it into perspective: its a few years into the apocalypse, everyone knows how to survive, and at this point everyone should be trying to rebuild some type of government. Groups should be trying to work out relations and such. But instead we have a fuck ton of groups just going at it non stop, yes I love pvp as much as the next group but it doesnt make sense when theres a group that tries to be big and bad and tries to take on a group that has been kicking their shit in so to speak. Like my group for instance has been working with another group trying to set up a settlement that would allow ig communications and updates on the region through the walkie talkie, provide trade and security to those that stay there. I know people have done it before but no one has actually been able to successfully do it. Do to not having the right alliances and such so they wont get destroyed every day. 

Theres a lot of great rpers that still are ig a lot. I know cuz I've met them. Now back to the whole "shit ton of bandit groups" thing; theres nothing wrong with bandit groups, it just doesn't make sense to be a bandit group if you just end up all dying while trying to talk the talk and walk the walk.

The reason that a lot of stuff is boring and overdone is because like I said the whole creating settlements to try and put society back together thing, people just end up giving up on it and not seeing it all the way through. Yes theres gonna be bumps in the road, but if you want rp to get better in my opinion you gotta stick with these ideas.

Also I do believe once the game gets more developed, there will be a lot more interesting and new things that will happen. Just give it time, dont give up. I enjoy this community, everyday i try to hop in game just to see whats happening. Even if its the "same old, same old" I still find a new way to enjoy it. Sometimes new ways of rping arent just gonna pop up right in your face.

I'd love to hear yall's opinions besides the need to lore wipe, lets fix the now and not rely on something that may or may not happen.

Rewand    0
30 minutes ago, GirlGamer said:

You'll just never understand it until you've actually taken part of a lore wipe for yourself.

Lmao yeah, cuz that must be such a life changing experience that one couldn't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to take part of a lore wipe.

Mind sharing the knowledge with the plebs?

Dora    0
5 minutes ago, Rewand said:

Mind sharing the knowledge with the plebs?

There's plenty of threads you can go to, everything we can say has already been posted on the forums by either myself or other members. 

Eagle    409

if people  run in circles around you and your friends saying nothing when spoken to or stand like clickers in circles of town's only moving when they hear sound, can be considered avoiding RP that can be reported if you wish, if you don't want to report them then leave feedback on that group page calling them out on their ways, since if nothing is done you leave them thinking that sort of approach is acceptable and they continue doing so.

Dustin1    4

I feel you, more or less I AM one of those guys traveling around in big groups "looking for action" I am sick of being a bandit, and it makes my gut turn and me feel guilty that we torture and execute so many people, I certainly never liked it when people did it to me!

Our group started with noble intentions, all we wanted to do was to trade goods and have sit down camp fire roleplays, and we got the occasional good role play or two, but too many groups like vista and the gamblers just run around, pick you up, take your shit, and either execute you, or release you naked. Either way, just by TRYING to survive, we have to

A) Travel with weapons/armour where ever we go! (If we where our faction cloths, we are attacked on site, so can only wear military gear now)

B) Assume even the most lonely roleplayer is a booby trap (Too many times we would be talking with a guy all friendly like ( usually in vista ) and it turns out hes just stalling for the rest of his group to surround you/show up in greater numbers!

C) turning loose hostages with an appropriate amount of gear! One day our group picked up two hostages in two different locations, the first one tried to run, and I was ordered to chase him down and kill him, I chased him down, and his begging for his life pulled at my heart strings, so I gave him some of my gear and let him go, asking him not to tell anyone, change his name, ect, the second guy who was more compliant got a torture session that I could not even stand to be in VOIP range of, I escourted a hostage to safety, made sure they had plenty of gear, and even offered to travel with them until they felt safe.

Turns out both guys lied to us, they were in some bandit group, who immediately rolled up on us and started shooting indiscriminately

The lesson's I've learned are

A) always travel in a group

B) always tell lies, never identify yourself or what group you are with

C) Always kill anyone you can

D) better safe than sorry

If anyone actually knows a place where I can play more friendly like, I would love for you guys to shoot me a PM so we can hang out, I am SICK of banditry, I am SICK of torturing people and hearing screams/people beg, but I am also SICK of being on the OTHER end of that. I just play a cowardly character who doesn't wanna die! TT.TT

Unknown Entity    126
6 minutes ago, Dustin1 said:

C) Always kill anyone you can

You sound like a fun roleplayer, would love to meet you IG.