Server time: 2017-08-23, 17:45

Sign in to follow this  
AG Tom

TP RULES...

AG Tom    0

So, recently in TP there has been A LOT of trolls. People going in car parks and then saying "You can't shoot in tp, idiot." And then a lot of other snotty people join in. By now the car park owner gets very annoyed, which is unfair as it is ruining his/her DayzRP Experience. I'm sure you're all aware that TP is a safe zone. BUT... You are allowed to shoot in there believe it or not. If somebody owns a carpark, and you trespass, they can give you a warning to leave, and if you don't they have rights to shoot you. This also applies to the 6 Hour Grudge rule. If somebody robbed you, say 2 hours ago and you see them in tp, by all means pop a cap in dat ... I mean you can take action and kill them.

I hope this helped all the people who are confused about the rules.

- Tom!

AG Tom    0

No one owns a parking spot. Do you mean going into a car?

When you park your car into one of the spots, its yours until you leave... if somebody goes in it you can tell them to get out.

Rolo    0

Ahh, I've seen too many of these 'Parking Spot Runners' Another main problem is people OOC'ing so often or not even attempting, and don't forget the people that steal from your backpack.

AG Tom    0

I saw Rolle said something like that but I can't remember where.

Something like what? :D

Sonnyy    0

I'd like to know if I'm allowed to kill someone, if he's trolling me really hard.

AG Tom    0

I'd like to know if I'm allowed to kill someone, if he's trolling me really hard.

I suggest you just start a recording software and get it on video and report it buddy.

Guest CardinalHijack   
Guest CardinalHijack

could someone explain trading in the TP, in terms of if you trade an item and the other party does not comply by running off or something. Would I then be able to shoot?

Sonnyy    0

Yea but the ban doesn't help me at all, if I die because of his trolling or whatever.

basically it would be cool to know at which point you are allowed to just shoot.

You don't own the parking spot itself, but you are permitted to ask that strangers not step into it, and if they repeatedly do so, it's considered trolling and they can be banned for it.

While we prefer you not shoot someone for repeated harassment, if you get it on video and it's a clear case of repeated, obviously OOC harassment, then they may be asking for it.

That being said, since harassment can be a very subjective thing, you run the risk of being banned for KOS if you shoot someone that's harassing you and the staff don't consider their actions harassment.

Goz    2

I suggest you just start a recording software and get it on video and report it buddy.

It's hard to define the moment when 'IC offence' becomes 'trolling' and reaches the 'line'. We would like players to report such events with proof in form of recording so we can judge it and act afterwards.

If his trolling puts your life/health in harms way it's considered a hostile action (ramming with a vehicle,throwing tincans etc). As hostile action is... hostile you could gun him down and report him afterwards.

could someone explain trading in the TP, in terms of if you trade an item and the other party does not comply by running off or something. Would I then be able to shoot?

If second party doesn't hold up to trade deal you basically got cheated. He stole the items you were supposed to receive in return for your goods. This is a hostile action and not ok to spirit of TP. In end you could both kill him and possibly report him if you wish so.

Dax    116

"If his trolling puts your life/health in harms way it's considered a hostile action (ramming with a vehicle,throwing tincans etc). As hostile action is... hostile you could gun him down and report him afterwards."

Could you clarify this please ? earlier this evening myself and another HDF member where in TP with a Free Medic who was flying a little bird, there was one guy who repeatedly threw glass bottles and such like at the little bird despite being asked not to, Is this considered a hostile action as the heli did receive damage albeit a small amount?

Goz    2

Honestly, if somebody is throwing stuff at you - just shoot him. Don't ask questions. Afterwards report him.

I can't find RP explenation for throwing tin cans/bottles at vehicles/people in Safe Zone. It's just trolling and may lead to fatal consequences - yes you can die to tin can hit, and yes I've seen vehicle explode after tin can hit.

Dax    116

Honestly, if somebody is throwing stuff at you repeatedly - just shoot him. Don't ask questions. Afterwards report him.

I can't find RP explenation for throwing tin cans/bottles at vehicles/people in Safe Zone. It's just trolling and may lead to fatal consequences - yes you can die to tin can hit, and yes I've seen vehicle explode after tin can hit.

thankyou for the clarification on this next time I shall ask to stop once and if they do it again I will be asking with some hot lead

Guest Hero   
Guest Hero

What about the "DON'T GET INTO *MY* PARKING SPOT!!!!!" guys?

Goz    2

What about the "DON'T GET INTO *MY* PARKING SPOT!!!!!" guys?

There is no exact rule about it. But it's pretty obvious that when a parking spot is taken and people are guarding it - you shoulnd't enter it without permission.

Of course, one may forget about it once or twice when running past but doing that repeatedly is just asking for trouble and against common sense. I would start recording and if the guy passes another time on purpose and looks into gear of a vehicle - just kill the troll.

Blizzard    0

im pretty sure if you threw tin cans at a person in real life you would get punched in the face, in dayz you should just be shot if you hit someone with a can.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

What about the rest on the TP though? Many guys RP peacefull forces and many times act as human shields in the middle of a confrontation, to avoid starting a fight. When someone draws a gun everyone goes crazy, try to stop him and blocking his view so he cannot shoot the guy he needs to kill. I know that having KoS rights makes you able to shoot, but I'm pretty sure that even if you confront the guy, after ID'ing and informing everyone presenting proof, and you shoot him, someone will punish you, either by ejecting you from TP or shooting you

Sky    1

Well, firstly, you can't be ejected from TP.

Secondly, if someone kills you for killing someone else that you had rights on, and your killer had no rights on you, then they'll be banned.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Secondly, if someone kills you for killing someone else that you had rights on, and your killer had no rights on you, then they'll be banned.

If I got KoS right but a guy that has NOTHING to do with the hostile action that happened is protecting the offender, by being a human shield , can I ask him to move away because he has nothing to do with that? And if he keeps stopping me, can I like shoot his leg or make him pass out and execute the offender?

Daring    0

Am I allowed to shoot if someone's rummaging through my backpack without consent?

Guest Tizi808   
Guest Tizi808

If I got KoS right but a guy that has NOTHING to do with the hostile action that happened is protecting the offender, by being a human shield , can I ask him to move away because he has nothing to do with that? And if he keeps stopping me, can I like shoot his leg or make him pass out and execute the offender?

no, just no.