Server time: 2017-10-21, 03:26
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Vapor

Guides and groups

Vapor    0

Can we have the guides as a standard forum again... I feel as though they aren't getting much attention and they aren't as many guides being posted as before. It might just be me, but I rarely go to that page, because I am used to it being on the regular forum boards and not another tab on the menu. The same with groups...

Anyone else agree?

Edited by Vapor

Strider    0

Yes please. I often forget that they even exist now. We need to have them somewhere that's more visible.

@Rolle please also bring back group threads :)

AndreyQ    0

Mhm, guides and group threads have died with the new website. Please, bring them back.

Bring back groups and guides threads to the standard forum and the following:   

-When I go to dayzrp.com I would like to immediately be on the forum board of Dayz standalone. 
-Put Life is Feudal on a seperate Forum section entirely such as now is the case with Dayz groups and guides.  

About the drop down menu's  that say 'Community', 'Information', 'Support', 'Games', 'Activity' etc. I would like to suggest the following:

-Put 'staff' under Support and not under Community. 
-Clean it up, there is way too many stuff. On the old forum you basically had everything in reach without hassle with dropdown menu's and forwarding to new pages more than once.
-Remove 'Activity' alltogether, unless it has not got below average clicks. 

And give us please a small report on the impact of the website change overall from old to this one. I would like to know what is better now and what is worse, including amount of views etc. decreasing or increasing. Now that it has been some time I would appreciate something like this. 

Aiko    649

I can actually get behind this idea, I always liked the groups and guides as a forum topic. The only thing I see that might be a problem is I think you need the group page thing, to make a CP. But I am not positive.

Mental    0

I'd like this tbh, I do miss groups being a normal section of the forums.

Nolan    0
1 hour ago, Misty said:

-Remove 'Activity' alltogether, unless it has not got below average clicks. 

AFAIK the activity tab is the only way to "view new posts" like on the old forums, so no thanks.

Edited by Nolan

Sofie    0

I agree with you. The guides and groups used to be something that people dedicated a tonne on work into which got a lot of attention. Now I never check out group pages anymore nor read any new guides (if there are any). I have also noticed that since the new website, we would have to link each other relevant guides to question threads much more often. People don't know about this resource and right now it goes to waste.

Edited by Sofie

Oliv    1882

I find the new guide section actually pretty nice, it just doesn't get used much. If people want guides to be attributed to them, they have to move them to the new guide format.

Same with the groups. I actually really like the new group circles better than the old format. It's a combination of group thread, CP, private forums, and even media thread if people so choose, all in one spot. To me, that's pretty powerful.

The activity feed is incredibly powerful if you guys have ever poked around the custom activity stuff. I might actually whip up a guide on it later, we'll see.

1 hour ago, Misty said:

About the drop down menu's  that say 'Community', 'Information', 'Support', 'Games', 'Activity' etc. I would like to suggest the following:

-Put 'staff' under Support and not under Community. 

That one I like, makes sense to me.

But yeah, back to guides, the new guide section has some pretty cool features about revisions and that. Would be apparent but it requires people to take the time to set their guides up.

Nolan    0
14 minutes ago, Oliv said:

But yeah, back to guides, the new guide section has some pretty cool features about revisions and that. Would be apparent but it requires people to take the time to set their guides up.

What's this? As DayZRP's official most prolific guide poster and runner up to Thread of the Year I was totally unaware of this feature.

Also as DayZRP's official most prolific guide poster and runner up to Thread of the Year I'll also say that in their current place the guides never get looked at, pretty sure my two only have ~500 views because I linked them in my signature. If we were to change the guides section, they can still be linked on the top drop-down menu and in the main forums, also keeping the current guide categories we have presently by creating additional sub-forums.

Edited by Nolan

Oliv    1882
14 minutes ago, Nolan said:

What's this? As DayZRP's official most prolific guide poster and runner up to Thread of the Year I was totally unaware of this feature.

Also as DayZRP's official most prolific guide poster and runner up to Thread of the Year I'll also say that in their current place the guides never get looked at, pretty sure my two only have ~500 views because I linked them in my signature. If we were to change the guides section, they can still be linked on the top drop-down menu and in the main forums, also keeping the current guide categories we have presently by creating additional sub-forums.

The revision tracking in it is pretty cool, at least for some one like me that updates his guides and runs a changelog for it.

I'm not opposed to them going back to forum based, but the database style they are now I like just as much.