Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:34

Sign in to follow this  
Sylvester Todd

Open Position-Big Shoes To Fill

Sylvester Todd    395

Alright to make this as quick and short as possible, a few days ago I posted on my profile that I was looking for someone to maybe hold the mantle, keep the seat warm for me, by running my group while I'm away. Mostly because this group, the masquerade has always been sort of my thing. It's what I've really always done, and plan to keep doing, but I can't quite do that right now. Really it's the fact that I don't have the time at the moment, college and killing my liver.

In any case, I'm looking for someone, who could run it until I make my eventual return as "idiot with a tire iron #1". Now off the top of my scrambled brains, I can think of some people, who might make a good fit, but I'd rather not just shove this down their throats, and there could probably be some decent people who could make a good fit.

In any case, just reply or pm if you're interested or whatever.

The original post and sort of more information I spose

I've been doing some thinking, eventually I'm gonna make my return, because being a cheery jerkoff alcoholic clown is my life, but I don't have time to run it, and I'm also a massive narcissist and love hearing stuff about myself and especially my group. I'd sorta like it to maybe keep going despite my absence. But I got no one to potentially run it while I am away...

For those who recall I let someone else run the group while I took my leave and played rust from June 2015 to like January 2016. But the person I left it to, only ran it for a month or two before they ditched it. And from what I heard it wasn't going too well.

So Looking for the right sort of person to take up the mantle of Honk Lord/Clown King/Festive Emperor/Bossman/Baron Purple/Monarch Fool/Duke Harlequin/Count Jokester/Kaiser Comedian/Czar Buffoon/Lord Jester/Sultan of Whimsy/Capricious Count/Imperial Trickster/Overlord of Antics/Ha Ha Tycoon/Majesty of Mischief/Impish Prince/Sovereign of Shenanigans/Erratic Almighty/Highborn Moron/Royal Mime

Point being, I am lookin' for somebody who can fill these clown shoes. and off the top of my head there's a few people I might ask because it would make a lot more sense having a past clown do this, but there are also some people who might be a surprising fit and lore can be worked out later. Anyways I'm not expectin' much out of this, but I may as well see where it goes. I flipped a coin and the coin said I should do this, so here we are.

I got bored and made these

t8GZw8V.jpg

DerC9Yf.png

f3fZbIC.jpg

L2WLOPd.jpg

Some things are better left dead.

13 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Some things are better left dead.

yeah, better to just let it be before it's reputation is run into the ground tbh

Meh, as Andrey said I think some things are just better left down there. Too many revives just make a group seem like a bad meme.

Why not just bring it back when you have the time to run it?

I think the Masquerade has had it's run. I think if it were to be brought back, this would be the 11th time... Leave it dead.

Do what you want mate. theres people here in the community who would love to run the group. Because of the name, and who generally who they are. I wasn't around at the time I was around when the clowns where about when CJ was calling some of the shots. I was blowing the clowns up to Kingdom come with the Pagans @jamieV_ @Steck only been on the server for a few days and already fighting some people. The weird thing is I was always in groups like the masquerade on other role play servers.

But can people run a group like the masquerade? Not your everyday group. It's a hard job, especially for thos group. So you want to pick a decent leader while your away not someone who's gonna fuck it up. 

But it's been group back how many times, and is it worth bridging it back?  It would be good you were running it yourself because the only person who can run the masquerade is you Todd. And that's a fact I would say many would agree with me. 

Theres quite a few bandit groups kicking about here, as soon as they see you back on the fourms and in game, they would more and likey shut you down, like they gonna hunt yoy down type shit because they don't want there place as the big bad boys (sorry had to xD) to be taken away from a ex big bad boy.

If you came up with new idea, brand spanking new right, new idea but the same idea as the masquerade. A new name, a new way of doing things. Would Di you think?  I can help you with this as I've been in many groups like these.

But good luck with it all. i'll be waitting to kill you guys again! :P

Edited by Western

It was pretty good for a while, Todd. Perhaps you should really take your time with bringing back the group, and doing it right. Or else, it will turn into a really bad meme as, Strider said. Take care of your IRL shit, then worry about the group afterwards.

Pinky    128

I don't really think Todd's intentions of this post was to hear others discourage him for no real reason. Todd even said himself that this is what he likes doing and he plans on keeping the Masquerade going. The months I spent in the Masquerade were amazing and really shaped my character and most characters around it. 

My advice for Todd is just find a powerful second that you can trust and someone that you can look up to like how we looked up to you when you were in command, Or like mental said, Just wait until you have the time again. Its a hard start after being inactive but I know you, you can get it done.

Do what makes you happy in this community and what is fun, its a gaming community after all, its all for fun.

Voodoo    367

As Andrey said its better off leaving it dead. Some advice to you from me:

I took ownership of the 501st back in 2013 after the original leader became very inactive. It was the golden age with Altar castle but once that reached its end we disbanded in order to try new things (banditry). Eventually we came back on Epoch but never reached the same heights as previous. 

One the DayZ mod was reintroduced from Epoch due to its problems we gave 501st another try but eventually i decided to pass on leadership, not feeling i had the energy to keep the project open (although everyone else wanted it). SA came along and the new leaders (who i put trust in to run it properly) brought the 501st into the new age for RP but eventually became inactive and passed on the leadership again, from there it just went downhill and lost all its identity by becoming a joke on the servers.

Trust me its not worth giving the project over, it never works and in the end you regret making the decision.

Castiel    1124

Not the best idea to give it to someone else, it could ruin the groups reputation more than it already has been by the people who were in the group before whilst you were away. I had a lot of fun during my time in the group and if you want to bring it back nobody is going to stop you, but my advice would be to just try something new once you have the time. Just let it rest. If you don't want to do something different, then bring the clowns back once you can do it yourself. 

Sylvester Todd    395

I'm surprised that some of the people that know me well enough will tell me to keep it dead, when they know that I'll just work harder to keep it up out of spite, and encouragement to keep it up will just do that.

Besides I'm not for any other group, none other interest me, any ideas I've had for other groups don't feel that special or capture my attention, killing it won't happen. If anything, like many other groups, worst case scenario, I bring it back up under another name, and just do what I've always done

In any case, what would you see me, the fuckin' clown guy doing, like I have no desire to join any other group, I don't care to play the hero, or become the big strong military man, or wander around in a pack of rando  neutrals, I like playing the asshole clown man, and it's all I want to do. I don't care to be a cop, a merc, a soldier, a doctor, a trader, a scavenger, a holyman, a cultist, or any of that shit. It ain't for me man.

Though I do hear what you say, I understand it could be a "bad meme" but it doesn't matter to me, it's not like the group wasn't shit on since the day it was founded, it feels somewhat strange to me, to see that some people aren't so attached to their ideas. 

Anyway's when it comes down to it it'll be back, either under a different name a new slap of paint or the same'ol name I love. Because let's be real here, no idea is original. It's just been reconstructed enough to make it look different. Nothing is new, everything is the same. Sure you could argue that some ideas are new, but that doesn't keep up forever, they just get added to the "originality" pile.

And why is it that The Masquerade gets that "bad meme" rap, when The regulators, have been around for just as long, they've kept up, because of their leaders dedication to his idea and what he wanted to do. And I want to be a clown man, and I'm not having it any other way. Can't put the clown down man.

and for those that have encouraged me, thanks (pinky, you tha real MVP and mental too).

Edited by Sylvester Todd

Boston    650

Like others have said, I do think that the group has had it's run before, and has made a name for itself on the server in the past. But, the same can be said for other groups that have been brought back. A lot of past groups have been brought back and made stronger, and some made weaker. It just depends who you bring to your group, what they bring to the table, etc.

My advice is to give yourself some time, and bring it back alongside yourself, when you're ready. Don't hand it off to someone unless you know for sure you can trust them. When you do bring it back, only bring in the people that know what they're doing.

Don't think you can't do it, because you can. ;)

Sylvester Todd    395
7 minutes ago, Boston said:

Like others have said, I do think that the group has had it's run before, and has made a name for itself on the server in the past. But, the same can be said for other groups that have been brought back. A lot of past groups have been brought back and made stronger, and some made weaker. It just depends who you bring to your group, what they bring to the table, etc.

My advice is to give yourself some time, and bring it back alongside yourself, when you're ready. Don't hand it off to someone unless you know for sure you can trust them. When you do bring it back, only bring in the people that know what they're doing.

Thanks boston, and among the candidates I could pick if they so wanted to, you'd be one of them my dude

So, it's a clear line of thought. We need more Fear in your daily and usual RP. I reckon that most of the 'Bad groups' aren't those who scare people at all. They are just a bunch of a-holes that mess with you. No biggie.

Now, tell me which groups actually make people Fear because they are coming for them? I don't see many options. What will they do? Torture you for a minute or so? Shoot your friends? Just that? Or, maybe you can just avoid it completely. "They can't get me if I'm running from them"

That's where The Masquerade, Clowns, or whatever name your desire, get involved in these stories. The Clowns aren't known at all. At least most of the 'new ones' aren't. You can never know if they are coming for you. And if they do, there's nowhere to hide. When they find you, it isn't just your casual torture session. It's something way more creative and new. I've seen it.

We need them back, or something that does the same as them. People complained so much about all those psychopaths back in the day, but those were the ones who kept you alert. Now that most of them are gone, and the few guys that 'terrorize' Chernarus are actually a bunch of softies that try to be bad-ass, why should I fear anything other than the Infected and Edgy role-players?

I support the OP. Bring it back, plz.

I don't think you should shelf it Todd. Being in the clowns was fun, and experiencing the clowns while not in them was fun as well. I do agree with the other when it comes to you just waiting for the right time, and bringing it back yourself. 

Won't be the same without hearing your voice, and talking about grilled cheeses and spongebob. 

Luckydente    21

Todd you made your dream a reality dude, no need to end it here. You guys litterly made it near impossible to wear a mask without someone pointing a gun (..Not thats a bad thing.)

Honestly I love the legacy you've made for youslef and im honored to watch it grow. Its turned you guys into my favorite group in this whole community. The fact that people think it should stop amazes me.

You and your crew are the supervillans Chernarus needed and deserved, i'm sure what ever you do with the circus will be fantastic

Sylvester Todd    395
14 minutes ago, Luckydente said:

Todd you made your dream a reality dude, no need to end it here. You guys litterly made it near impossible to wear a mask without someone pointing a gun (..Not thats a bad thing.)

Honestly I love the legacy you've made for youslef and im honored to watch it grow. Its turned you guys into my favorite group in this whole community. The fact that people think it should stop amazes me.

You and your crew are the supervillans Chernarus needed and deserved, i'm sure what ever you do with the circus will be fantastic

Thanks Dente, whenever I've run into you in RP it's always a fun time. And thanks for the support

21 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I don't think you should shelf it Todd. Being in the clowns was fun, and experiencing the clowns while not in them was fun as well. I do agree with the other when it comes to you just waiting for the right time, and bringing it back yourself. 

Won't be the same without hearing your voice, and talking about grilled cheeses and spongebob. 

My rambling and talk of nonesense is a staple? I mean I do it quite a lot. And you're one to pick too, because your magic was pretty rad, and I always enjoyed it. Thanks, and stay..FROSTY! Whooo! what a funny and original joke I just made.

23 minutes ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

So, it's a clear line of thought. We need more Fear in your daily and usual RP. I reckon that most of the 'Bad groups' aren't those who scare people at all. They are just a bunch of a-holes that mess with you. No biggie.

Now, tell me which groups actually make people Fear because they are coming for them? I don't see many options. What will they do? Torture you for a minute or so? Shoot your friends? Just that? Or, maybe you can just avoid it completely. "They can't get me if I'm running from them"

That's where The Masquerade, Clowns, or whatever name your desire, get involved in these stories. The Clowns aren't known at all. At least most of the 'new ones' aren't. You can never know if they are coming for you. And if they do, there's nowhere to hide. When they find you, it isn't just your casual torture session. It's something way more creative and new. I've seen it.

We need them back, or something that does the same as them. People complained so much about all those psychopaths back in the day, but those were the ones who kept you alert. Now that most of them are gone, and the few guys that 'terrorize' Chernarus are actually a bunch of softies that try to be bad-ass, why should I fear anything other than the Infected and Edgy role-players?

I support the OP. Bring it back, plz.

Thanks man, the clowns. The proper clowns, will be back eventually, and I do have more ideas of what I'm gonna do with it.

And also, to those who would discourage my course of action of bringing it back later on or soon under new leadership until my return. Please, please say more than just keep it dead, suggest another course of action. An actual suggestion, or properly try to persuade me not to. I probably won't listen but hey its worth a shot, and so was this post looking for new leadership until my return.

The Clowns was one of the most feared groups on the server. Even people just not joining the community know who they are and theyve been on hiatus for quite a bit now. I really enjoyed the time I spend in this group and would have no problem going back if it was done well. You do you Todd hopefully whoever you pick actually fills the shoes well and doesnt make it cringe af.

Beni    686

Yeah Todd...

Choose someone who's not an absolute wetty and the Clown's will live on. Just don't choose someone who just want's the Clowns for the already well known reputation, and not for the roleplay.

I believe bringing the clowns back could be a good thing as long as you put it in the right hands. You are known for this group and you don't really want it to go to hell because you hand it over to the wrong person. Asking around probably isn't the best idea as it can easily go into the wrong hands. Either give it to someone who you really trust or don't give it to anyone and bring it back when you feel like you can.

Para    193
35 minutes ago, Sylvester Todd said:

-snip-

IMO you shouldn't just give it away to somebody. Despite not RPing a whole lot with the clowns, the character Sylvester Todd was a feared and well known character and was always seen as the figure head of the clowns. If you handed that over to somebody else I would think it would just spoil the reputation it had tbh. The great thing about a group like the Masquerade is that it has been around for so long that it has actually had over a year to impact on my character, even when it isn't a group that I've been in contact with frequently.

Personally Todd, you do a good job of running the clowns. I'd advise you just shelf it for a little while until you're back. And then when you're back, come back stronger than before. I think this way the group will maintain it's feared reputation amongst many more players. 

Either way, best of luck with whatever your choice is.

Edited by Para

Jack Allen    18

Tbh I'd rather see you yourself run it than anyone else. Being in the Clowns was basically the only reason I ever stayed around in this community for awhile. It's really up to you Todd. Even though seeing the Clowns back now might spark my interest for playing again, it wouldn't be the same without you running it. I say hold back until you're able to be around and run it. But in the end, it's really up to you and what you want for your group.

Sylvester Todd    395
6 hours ago, Riggsee said:

The Clowns was one of the most feared groups on the server. Even people just not joining the community know who they are and theyve been on hiatus for quite a bit now. I really enjoyed the time I spend in this group and would have no problem going back if it was done well. You do you Todd hopefully whoever you pick actually fills the shoes well and doesnt make it cringe af.

6 hours ago, Beni said:

Yeah Todd...

Choose someone who's not an absolute wetty and the Clown's will live on. Just don't choose someone who just want's the Clowns for the already well known reputation, and not for the roleplay.

Hope fully I find the right doof, gotta be someone whose just that right mix of obsessive, easily distracted, goofy. and violent psychopath

6 hours ago, Bran said:

I believe bringing the clowns back could be a good thing as long as you put it in the right hands. You are known for this group and you don't really want it to go to hell because you hand it over to the wrong person. Asking around probably isn't the best idea as it can easily go into the wrong hands. Either give it to someone who you really trust or don't give it to anyone and bring it back when you feel like you can.

6 hours ago, Para said:

IMO you shouldn't just give it away to somebody. Despite not RPing a whole lot with the clowns, the character Sylvester Todd was a feared and well known character and was always seen as the figure head of the clowns. If you handed that over to somebody else I would think it would just spoil the reputation it had tbh. The great thing about a group like the Masquerade is that it has been around for so long that it has actually had over a year to impact on my character, even when it isn't a group that I've been in contact with frequently.

Personally Todd, you do a good job of running the clowns. I'd advise you just shelf it for a little while until you're back. And then when you're back, come back stronger than before. I think this way the group will maintain it's feared reputation amongst many more players. 

Either way, best of luck with whatever your choice is.

IU'd love ot be able to bring it bnack myself, but I sort of want it to just be there for when I'm back, but I feel like you might be right. But I also want to see where this goes

And thanks fornt the support my dudes

3 hours ago, Jack Allen said:

Tbh I'd rather see you yourself run it than anyone else. Being in the Clowns was basically the only reason I ever stayed around in this community for awhile. It's really up to you Todd. Even though seeing the Clowns back now might spark my interest for playing again, it wouldn't be the same without you running it. I say hold back until you're able to be around and run it. But in the end, it's really up to you and what you want for your group.

We'll see what happens, i wanna see how this goes, but you guys may be right, for me wot to wait a bit. vBut also, this might be pretty funny

Lyca    680
7 hours ago, Boston said:

I feel the same.

I had a great time in the Clowns and I would love seeing them back, when its done right.

Its how Boston said, it depends who you bring in again. Think carefully here.

I believe in you and know that you can do it.