Server time: 2017-10-22, 13:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Tyran

Overpowered zombies

Tyran    0

Anybody else having issues with overpowered zombies? I tried playing today, spawned in Elektro, and it took me forever to get to Stary, but on my way there, every zombie that hit me, would ruin my jacket, and not also that, but one managed to one-shot me magically. Has this been happening to any of you? Is it a server setting?

Bruce    0

It's just a part of this shitty patch, man. Nothing more.

Montanez    25

I've been one-hitted by zombies even in older versions. It's a rare occurrence, but definitely not impossible. This happens specially if you have been hit several times before, make sure you wear a helmet.   

As Bruce said, it's a thing with the current patch. I kinda like it.

I zombie 1 hit broke my arm today

Covert    0

I have friends knocked unconscious and eventually killed by zombies all the time while logging in, logging out, in the midst of a game crash, or just walking around areas with lots of infected. Its pretty fucked right now.

Melvin    84

Something weird that I noticed is that no matter how you try to shake off a zombie, they aggro on you permanent. Probably my Asian Internet though. 

Voodoo    490
4 hours ago, Melvin said:

Something weird that I noticed is that no matter how you try to shake off a zombie, they aggro on you permanent. Probably my Asian Internet though. 

Use trees, bushes, buildings and fences/walls to slow them down. If you make it so they break eye contact with you by running around a corner of a building or through a bush they will continue running to investigate the last place you were seen, if they see you after that they will continue to chase if not they keep looking but by that time you should have enough time infront of them to leave the town.

use small fences and walls to jump over, they seem to have abit of a delay when jumping or even sometimes try to walk around for some reason. Again its a decent way to slow them down.

Although the real simple thing is just dont get a zombie to agro, take your time and split a city/town into sections and dont run through like in previous patches.

Castiel    1124

It's the apocalypse. I much prefer the infected actually being able to chase and hurt you rather than having one or two spawn in a town and just stand still like mongs. Like Voodoo said, use walls, trees, buildings and bushes to slow them down and this will help you escape. I'm that guy who shuts zombies in buildings and sheds to make them stop chasing me, they might be smart enough to chase you 3000m and climb walls but they still can't open a door.

Skeetsi    0

All the oneshotting is caused by your bonestat being low. Ever since they added a way to regen your bone stat by just being hydrated and energized I've never been oneshot by an infected. Managed to take quite a load of hits from wolves aswell during a 3 km run with them on my ass and still lived after finding shelter. My number 1 priority is to always keep myself in 100% shape just because of this mechanic.

Just to make this clear, it has NOTHING to do with "oh it's just this patch" or "that's how buggy the game is". No, it's simply a mechanic which people just don't seem to understand. If I were to hit your character, say 6 times with a baseball bat to the chest. Saline you and everything without starting to regen the bone stat. No matter how healthy you think you are, the next hit with the bat or a scratch from an infected will kill you.

Should you get chipped legs or broken arm that means your bone condition is extremely low. Morphine or splint should get you back to good condition but I'm not going to bet on that.

Edited by Skeetsi

WeeMeme    0

The zombies are a pain for ruining your gear in one hit in the pagans when a zombie hits us it ruins our leather jackets in one hit.

Shitty patch 

Skinner    506

Good. Hopefully Overpowered zombies will encourage people to RP like they actually give a fuck about them instead of talking to me like I'm a fucking retard for showing the slightest concern for my safety when they are around. I get some people are billy bad ass but come on, these things can apparently rip people limb from limb and devoured our loved ones in front of us, but now we are only annoyed with them like they're mosquitoes.

Edited by TheMatt924

Oliv    1886
14 minutes ago, dankatronic said:

The zombies are a pain for ruining your gear in one hit in the pagans when a zombie hits us it ruins our leather jackets in one hit.

Shitty patch 

Just RP it out. Have a prospect carry a bunch of sewing kits and make him fix your shit.

I personally love the environmental threats the latest patch brings in.

Charlo    0

I have to agree with @Oliv I adore environmental threats I love the wolves the devs have added. I am finding the zombies a little overwhelming at times but that's down to yourself being smart enough to have a suppressed weapon or not. I find it funny watching Olivs streams and how he acts around the dead. Smart.

Edited by Charlo

Seiceps the Deceiver    309

Honestly the zombies really haven't been a struggle. One shot from a silenced pistol, crouch run through cities. 

Now wolves are an entirely different story, I was attacked by about 8 up in Tisy and I was trapped in a building they couldn't enter. I waited about 30-45 minutes for someone to come save me lol

House    4

I honestly think people who keep taking issue with zombies just play the game like they use to, it doesnt work like that anymore, be concerned about th environment. The game will get even more harder with diseases and all the other crap that is coming our way. I recommend people make themselves acquainted with the overall damage system that is in place like the bonestat Skeetsi mentioned.

The game is fairly easy you just have to adjust accordingly to the gear you have. RP server is even easier cause you dont have to worry about other players just KOSing you.

I think all the enviromental stuff that is in and everthing else that is coming is going to make the game more interesting, dayz was never meant to be an easy game.

1 hour ago, House said:

I think all the enviromental stuff that is in and everthing else that is coming is going to make the game more interesting, dayz was never meant to be an easy game.

Marvelous response.

I mean, not aggroing zombies were easy already, and now, it's even easier. I'm guessing that they added back in the ability to throw stuff that attracts infected, so that's a +1. But even if they haven't, I'll teach how to be sneaky-beaky-like: "Crouch, slowly walk past a infected. At least 4 meters away from him. There you go." Another option would be to crawl around, which would turn out to be even easier. I've done it before, and what happened was that I was laying down right under an infected's LoS, and he didn't see me. He started walking, and pushed me with him. No biggie.

Infected aren't as bad of a threat as you'd imagine. It all depends on how much bullets you've got, and how much of them are there. And let's not forget the extra factor: How much you're willing to risk in order to enter a village filled with them.

Tyran    0

While I definitely agree with zombies actually being a threat, I still feel like I should be able to melee a zombie without having my clothes insantly ruined for taking a hit

On 2/8/2017 at 0:18 PM, House said:

I think all the environmental stuff that is in and everything else that is coming is going to make the game more interesting, dayz was never meant to be an easy game.

There is a difference between a game that is hard for the right reasons (Dark Souls) and games that are hard for the wrong reasons (DayZ). Difficulty should be able to be overcome with skill; that's the whole point of difficult games, that you get bragging rights by being successful because it took mad skillz to perform well. DayZ difficulty right now comes from invisible zombies, zombies taking your clothes from Worn to Ruined in one hit, zombies skating around you like they're covered in baby oil, and players shooting you from inside walls they glitched into. None of that is difficult, it's just dumb.

I mean, I could find a macro that will randomly invert mouse movement for you. That'd make any game orders of magnitude harder, yet I doubt you'd consider it a good thing. Same thing with zombies randomly one-shotting people's gear.

House    4
14 minutes ago, FiftyFootAnt said:

DayZ difficulty right now comes from invisible zombies, zombies taking your clothes from Worn to Ruined in one hit, zombies skating around you like they're covered in baby oil, and players shooting you from inside walls they glitched into. None of that is difficult, it's just dumb.

Everybody knows that dayz is far from finished, there are ton of problems with it, still i have no problem playing the game or dealing with zombies. 

I feel people play the game and dont take these issues into account and then complain day to day basis.

To be honest i really dont care enough for those problems to become an issue for me. :)

Method    68

I survived for about a month of being robbed tortured shot but I get 1 hit by a zombie that paired with the horrible optimization this patch its really killing my mood to play

Edited by Method