Jump to content
Server time: 2017-08-19, 13:12

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Max

Can a perma-banned user get unbanned again after being denied once?

Question

   80

One of my old friends got permanently banned for a not so "dreadful" reason (posting one inappropriate picture in a picture-thread). He made a ban-appeal once, but was denied. However, this was back in October, and it has been quite a while now. I'm just wondering - is there still a chance for this guy, or is there no going back at all?

Edited by Mox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Guest   
Guest

Some people have been unbanned before after being denied. Usually it's after a good while (6 months +).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -6
Rose    141

As it says in the rules you only get one appeal for a punishment, so most likely no he would not be given another chance to appeal now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2
xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

Tell him to wait 6 months and then email [email protected] or whatever it is I'm sure someone will correct me and Rolle might have another look over his appeal and he could get unbanned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Sir Hawke    28

It depends, but normally when people have been banned and then have had the appeal for that ban denied.. I wouldn't give it much hope.

The rules say:

Quote
  • 3.1 You are entitled to create one ban appeal per punishment.

But who knows. Maybe if he makes a really good and well written ban appeal, it might work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Brady    286

As it says in the rules:

  • 3.1 You are entitled to create one ban appeal per punishment.

But I have heard of some people getting another chance after a few months. It also states in the same section:

  • 3.3 All punishments for breaking rules are open for discussion within staff. We do not have a fixed standard for each rule break, instead we choose the punishment based on many different factors and context surrounding the rule break.  We have a list of most common punishments that we follow, however higher rank staff members are free to deviate from it in any way they see necessary, see rule 4.2.

Im sure if your friend comes back in a few months, he will be able to come on and speak to an administrator. There is a channel in teamspeak where staff sits and waits for people to come speak to them in the top of the teamspeak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Guest   
Guest

There's no chance if he made alt accounts, I'll almost guarantee that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -4
Guest   
Guest
1 minute ago, Tosh said:

There's no chance if he made alt accounts, I'll almost guarantee that.

Nah, having alt accounts usually doesn't matter. I've seen people banned/caught with alt accounts get unbanned many times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750
1 minute ago, GirlGamer said:

Nah, having alt accounts usually doesn't matter. I've seen people banned/caught with alt accounts get unbanned many times.

He means if the person has made alt accounts with the purpose of circumventing a ban. AFAIK nobody has been unbanned if they have made an alt account in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
   80
6 minutes ago, Brady said:

As it says in the rules:

  • 3.1 You are entitled to create one ban appeal per punishment.

But I have heard of some people getting another chance after a few months. It also states in the same section:

  • 3.3 All punishments for breaking rules are open for discussion within staff. We do not have a fixed standard for each rule break, instead we choose the punishment based on many different factors and context surrounding the rule break.  We have a list of most common punishments that we follow, however higher rank staff members are free to deviate from it in any way they see necessary, see rule 4.2.

Im sure if your friend comes back in a few months, he will be able to come on and speak to an administrator. There is a channel in teamspeak where staff sits and waits for people to come speak to them in the top of the teamspeak. 

Well, it has been around 5 months now.. do you think that he should wait a bit more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -5
Brady    286
Just now, Mox said:

Well, it has been around 5 months now.. do you think that he should wait a bit more?

If its been about 5 months, im sure he could go onto teamspeak and talk to admins. They will most likely tell him to make another appeal, but just to be safe he should go in and ask to make sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
   80
1 minute ago, Brady said:

If its been about 5 months, im sure he could go onto teamspeak and talk to admins. They will most likely tell him to make another appeal, but just to be safe he should go in and ask to make sure. 

But if he is banned from TeamSpeak? Should he go for the appeal straight away instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Brady    286
5 minutes ago, Mox said:

But if he is banned from TeamSpeak? Should he go for the appeal straight away instead?

Tell him to email: [email protected]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Hebee    2216

If it's the picture I'm thinking of I highly highly doubt he will be let back. But you can have him send an email to the aforementioned address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -2
Guest   
Guest
21 minutes ago, Randle said:

He means if the person has made alt accounts with the purpose of circumventing a ban. AFAIK nobody has been unbanned if they have made an alt account in that regard.

They have, trust me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
   80
5 minutes ago, Hebee said:

Just for my own curiosity was it this gentleman?

 

Very possibly. 

Out of MY own curiosity now; Does he still deserve a ban since august last year? Even if it has a stable reason behind it? The guy told me it was all a joke. I mean, he even deleted it seconds after it was posted and also apologized for it. Is that really a good enough reason for a permanent ban? I have witnessed worse things being able to slip by with less outcomes. This wasn't even a matter of RP, it was fully unrelated to the actual game.

So what do you say, was this ban well-deserved? Or would a lighter ban be more justifying? Know that this wad also his first ban. Heck, I don't even know if he managed to pick up any warning points either.

 

Just out of curiosity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4
Hebee    2216

In my opinion posting a picture of a dismembered baby anywhere isn't really a laughable joke by a stable person with a stable reason. But that's just me and my opinion on the fact doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -2
   80
Just now, Hebee said:

In my opinion posting a picture of a dismembered baby anywhere isn't really a laughable joke by a stable person with a stable reason. But that's just me and my opinion on the fact doesn't matter.

I never stated that it was laughable. It is actually quite dark, I must agree with. But a picture is a picture. A simple mistake and a simple warning would have done enough, in my opinion. (:

But who am I to judge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
Guest   
Guest
1 minute ago, Hebee said:

In my opinion posting a picture of a dismembered baby anywhere isn't really a laughable joke by a stable person with a stable reason. But that's just me and my opinion on the fact doesn't matter.

Pretty much this. You'd have to be a fucking stupid to think that was alright. If I remember right, I banned him. If I didn't , I would have. It's not funny at all. In my opinion he should stay gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
Hebee    2216
2 minutes ago, Mox said:

I never stated that it was laughable. It is actually quite dark, I must agree with. But a picture is a picture. A simple mistake and a simple warning would have done enough, in my opinion. (:

But who am I to judge?

I get you. Anyway like I said and the other people said have him send an email to the contact address that is the only way you will find out for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
   80
1 minute ago, Mamba said:

Pretty much this. You'd have to be a fucking stupid to think that was alright. If I remember right, I banned him. If I didn't , I would have. It's not funny at all. In my opinion he should stay gone.

He regretted it the moment he posted it (before he was banned). He has realized his mistake since SIX months ago and definately had learnt his lession. Imagine yourself in a position like this, wouldn't you want another chance? To prove that you are better? Everyone can change for the better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
Guest   
Guest
Just now, Mox said:

He regretted it the moment he posted it (before he was banned). He has realized his mistake since SIX months ago and definately had learnt his lession. Imagine yourself in a position like this, wouldn't you want another chance? To prove that you are better? Everyone can change for the better.

 

I wouldn't put myself into that kind of position. That's the difference. Either way, not my problem. @Hebee and others gave you the answer. He'll have to PM Rolando and ask.

E-mail*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4
Oliv    1552

I'm not gonna say it's not going to happen, because that would show bias on my end for saying that before seeing the appeal. And I definitely don't wanna do that.

Emailing an appeal in to the [email protected] email address would be the correct procedure for anyone in this case, as was previously stated by many already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
   568

Many people have returned from that supposed "One way trip" To Fiji.

Wait 6 months, email [email protected], but don't hold your breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Castiel    1124
41 minutes ago, GirlGamer said:

They have, trust me.

Please enlighten us, oh great and knowledgeable Dora. It doesn't happen.

If he's the guy who posted the picture Hebee mentioned, I remember it well. I highly doubt he will be unbanned after posting that disgusting shit. Pretty sure he already appealed twice, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×