Server time: 2017-08-23, 00:51

Sign in to follow this  
Para

General staff feedback forum

Para    193

Quite a simple suggestion really, should we get a thread back in staff feedback for general staff feedback?

I mean, personal feedback is very useful and I +1 that existing, but surely there should be a thread or sticky thread for feedback for multiple members of staff / the staff team as a whole as well. 

The idea wouldn't be like last time, it would just be a section for feedback purely based on the staff team as a whole / a particular group of staff members e.g: Moderators.

The use of a template would also be suggested to be used again. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Para

Rolle    2462

No, as it will turn into the same thing as last thread. The current per staff member feedback system was designed specifically like it is to not make it possible to give generic feedback but rather focus it on individual members, as that's what helps us improve, not generic "you suck" messages.

I personally like the idea for at least some general feedback since sometimes you never know who is a directly involved, but still wish to get a point across about something—positive or negative.

Edited by Tosh
autocorrect

Castiel    1124

I still think feedback sections for specific Staff ranks should be a thing. If not general "Staff feedback" we should have a thread in the sub-forum dedicated to Admin, GM, Mod and Support feedback, for the times where it isn't any one particular member you wish to leave feedback for but instead the whole/majority of the people within the rank.

Kat    101

The current design has its pros and cons.   You can put the following points in whatever column you think fits.

It does limit the back and forth that was happening in the previous thread (well sort of).

It makes community members really think about posting something due to the template procedures.

It protects staff from being dumped on all at once (again, sort of).

But, like I pointed out in the Pins & Needles thread, there are times when an entire team needs to hear something.  Moderators not moderating important threads, such as reports, is a big one.  I guess we could go to each page and copy and paste the template, but seriously?  Is that necessary?

Creating a General Staff Feedback thread, that is actually moderated, would be a good thing.  The biggest issue with the previous one is that it became a back and forth between the community and staff, without respect being given to either.

Para    193
35 minutes ago, Rolle said:

No, as it will turn into the same thing as last thread. The current per staff member feedback system was designed specifically like it is to not make it possible to give generic feedback but rather focus it on individual members, as that's what helps us improve, not generic "you suck" messages.

So, what you are basically saying is that you are closing down the general staff feedback thread because of a select few individuals that write 'you suck' messages or a pat on the back instead of actually posting feedback. I was under the impression that was supposed to be removed / not posted at all. There are alternatives (such as pointing irrelevant feedback (just an example.........)) that are better than no feedback at all.

Plus, how am I now supposed to give feedback to a group of staff members if it's all personal threads? Lets say I'm writing feedback for the GM team on how I think they can improve their report system, who's thread do I post it on? If it's particularly negative feedback that would just look like i'm directly targeting said individual when it's a team effort. Seems like a recipe for disaster to me tbh.

It just seems a little illogical to hinder the potential growth of the community by removing it altogether just because of ' you suck' messages. There are better alternatives. Just simply keep the thread a non-discussion thread, cracking the whip on anybody who decides to discuss anything report related etc. Feedback thread would be for feedback and a response from staff only. You get the idea.

Edit: Reports have several GMs involved that we cannot see who sign. Who are we supposed to address in these situations? (Just another example of why this is a bad idea to remove it altogether).

30 minutes ago, Castiel said:

I still think feedback sections for specific Staff ranks should be a thing. If not general "Staff feedback" we should have a thread in the sub-forum dedicated to Admin, GM, Mod and Support feedback, for the times where it isn't any one particular member you wish to leave feedback for but instead the whole/majority of the people within the rank.

Also, this. This is a great idea.

Edited by Para

Elmo    920

A feedback thread like Castiel suggested would definitely interest me, not sure if it would work well but I would love to see it in action,

However, I feel some of this could be remedied if staff like GMs were required to publicly demonstrate that they signed off on verdicts in the report section. Whilst it would not solve the entire problem of the need for general feedback, it would certainly make it a lot easier to find who messed up and give them constructive, and constructive is imperative, respectful feedback.

Conor    243

Just copy and pasta your general staff feedback thing into every bodies individual thread?

8 hours ago, Castiel said:

we should have a thread in the sub-forum dedicated to Admin, GM, Mod and Support feedback, for the times where it isn't any one particular member you wish to leave feedback for but instead the whole/majority of the people within the rank.

Exactly this ^

+1

8 hours ago, Castiel said:

That sounds like a sensible idea.

Oliv    1572
9 hours ago, Castiel said:

This I like, but to be honest we all talk. If you post feedback on my thread and it's addressed to all admins, I will gladly pass on the message.

I get no feedback love...

Hebee    2239
11 minutes ago, Oliv said:

This I like, but to be honest we all talk. If you post feedback on my thread and it's addressed to all admins, I will gladly pass on the message.

I get no feedback love...

You asked for it.

Also I agree with Castiel that it would make sense to have a specific rank area for feedback as well as certain things do not just pertain to one specific staff member, rather all of a group. I.e. slow logs or what have you

Unknown Entity    126
11 hours ago, Oliv said:

Yes this doesn't mean that everyone else will however. 

I do +1 the idea for a specific thread per rank if a general staff feedback is a no go. However, with the forced template I do feel that there is little to no room for back and forths etc.

If nothing is done though I do believe that @Conors idea may be a thing though, and I doubt anyone would like to see / do that.