Server time (UTC): 2019-06-19, 18:26
Sign in to follow this  
Dodge

Pins and Needles

Shouldn't the direction of the topic of a certain thread be controlled by the OP?

I could understand people getting warning points for a comment they posted that the OP deemed unnecessary and unwanted, but if they don't care, why should it matter? I could understand if it was heated and things were getting hostile but from what I've heard that doesn't seem to be the case.

Edit: spelling 

Edited by King Box

I think frustration from the community comes because you have staff giving points left and right in a media thread, but reports go on for two pages of back and forth bickering before there is any response.  I know staff can't be everywhere all the time, but in reports, where you KNOW it's going to turn into a pissing match, special attention should be given. 

39 minutes ago, Squillium said:

While I don't like shit posting memes either, would staff point a post in a faction forum if it was off topic?

Technically yes, as only off topic forum is exempt from that rule.

I don't understand why someone was literally permabanned and yet there are still a multitude of shitposts and memes on the thread which are worse than what Siorre posted.

What Mental and some others posted wasn't bad at all, in-fact his post was mostly on topic and yet he got warning points but people only replying with "memes" were deemed necessary and constructive to the thread? Honestly GG

Edited by Castiel

9 hours ago, Oliv said:

It can't be had both ways. Rules are rules, and when broken people will be punished for them.

Your kidding yourself right? So many posts get overlooked by staff due to biased, if your going to pull the "We were just doing our job" card you should probably be doing your job. 

Yes Siorre on final warning, But that final warning in and of its self is pretty shady.  It was even removed, then re administered for no reason, personally it seems like some staff members are putting personal vendettas before due process.

11 minutes ago, Henning said:

Your kidding yourself right? So many posts get overlooked by staff due to biased, if your going to pull the "We were just doing our job" card you should probably be doing your job. 

Yes Siorre on final warning, But that final warning in and of its self is pretty shady.  It was even removed, then re administered for no reason, personally it seems like some staff members are putting personal vendettas before due process.

If you feel like you find a post offensive or if you think an unrelated post is being overlooked why not report it?  and if someone is on the radar why would they shitpost? if I knew you know you are being looked at by the staff then surely the common sense thing is to not post things which might draw attention to yourself?

But on the whole I think perma-banning for forum activity is dumb, just restrict thier forum access. But that's a whole new argument.

Nothing about this community feels the same as when I first joined. I felt involved, excited and dedicated to contributing.

Now I scorn staff, can't stand the attitude of people, and don't have that same sensation of being proud to be apart of this community anymore. It sucks, but that's what happens when it turns into a business instead of an escape for people to forget the hardships of the IRL world for just a few hours.

It's no longer an escape, but a Facebook with prison guards.

27 minutes ago, lemonade319 said:

If you feel like you find a post offensive or if you think an unrelated post is being overlooked why not report it?  and if someone is on the radar why would they shitpost? if I knew you know you are being looked at by the staff then surely the common sense thing is to not post things which might draw attention to yourself?

But on the whole I think perma-banning for forum activity is dumb, just restrict thier forum access. But that's a whole new argument.

I have multiple times, most commonly in the radio chatter threads where people commonly try to hold dick measuring contests. 

In regards to staying under the radar while on final warning, Siorre did exactly that the first time he was on final warning, in his appeal he was told he did not meet the standards of forum activity for them to remove final warning. Makes it seem like they were gunning for him.

I don't understand your grievance, from what I've heard from the OP and others in the thread, the guy was on a final warning and knowingly went off topic on a thread that was not in the off-topic forums section, which is not allowed. Final Warning status, if I'm interpreting it correctly, means you're out upon your next rule-break or when you exceed 30 points.

Unfortunately for Siorre, he broke a rule, he was given points for the rule-break and that resulted in his permanent removal. Perhaps he shouldn't have played with fire if he didn't want to get burned? Food for thought.

I don't know why people even act surprised anymore when this shit happens. Have you not realized the only people who get a free pass are current staff members? I'd love to go back and point out every single time Staff has broken a forum rule and it's been overlooked, but it still wouldn't matter. Not worth anyone's time to keep getting upset, this is common behavior from the Staff team. 

1 hour ago, Henning said:

It was never removed and reinstated. He had 3 points that never expired, I went to adjust them and accidentally zeroed his points out isntead of bringing him back to 25. He was fully aware of it based on the PM trail I have with him when I corrected the error.

Fucking stupid. Another one of my friends fallen victim to the system we got here

One of the stupidest permabans I have ever seen in this "community"  

This community has gone so far down the thought police hole in the last 3 years I have been here. 

I think the staff take their roles a little bit too seriously, it's fucking ridiculous. This isn't real life, this is a gaming community. We shouldn't have to be "professional" or be completely on topic on a random thread. Who cares if someone is just messing around? What does it hurt if someone posts "Issa Knife" on a thread? We are taking things people say in this community a bit to seriously. Being perma'd for saying something like "Issa knife" is probably one of the stupidest reasons I've ever seen anyone be perma'd for. 

1 hour ago, Oliv said:

It was never removed and reinstated. He had 3 points that never expired, I went to adjust them and accidentally zeroed his points out isntead of bringing him back to 25. He was fully aware of it based on the PM trail I have with him when I corrected the error.

Oh boy, nothing grinds my gears like someone lying about one of my friends,

Siorre received final warning in February 2015 after some less then desirable posts regarding the 85th. He was told that with a changing in attitude and activity his points would be removed after 3 months. For those of you keeping score at home, that would have been May of 2015. Siorre changed his attitude and the points were removed on schedule in May 2015.

To make this easier for staff, the following picture is the months in a year. I will reference said image through out the rest of the post:

twelve-months-in-a-year-2-728.jpg?cb=133

So in recap, Siorre received his points in February 2015, they were removed in May 2015 (Please reference the picture above). Now on January 24th, 2017 (2 years after the fact) @Oliv PMed Siorre saying he had to reinstate his final warning because he did not appeal it. Which, contradicts what  you say @Oliv because you say they never expired and you simply made a little mistake while editing his points (I don't understand why you would have been editing them in the first place.)

Can you please explain to me @Oliv why your straight up lying about his points history?

Like, I don't know why but its always the same collective complaining about people being permad for obvious things. Id be more in agreement to this id people were this outraged for other people who were permad for stupid things. And not just racking up an accumulative amount of points, How many warnings do people need? As i said earlier, You dont dance on a knife edge and complain to the manufacturer because it cut you. It gives you a warning, This product may be sharp. Same as the forums, You can say what you like, But this word/picture/video may break a rule. 

You run the risk, Its not hard to not get points and become a productive member of the community without trying to be edgy. I know of many people who have managed to remain in discussions whilst on final warnings and not be banned for something. Because they cared enough to think and prevent themselves from breaking rules. Its hit own fault. No love lost here but i just dont see why all this uproar over someone who knew exactly what he was doing.

4 minutes ago, Henning said:

Oh boy, nothing grinds my gears like someone lying about one of my friends,

Siorre received final warning in February 2015 after some less then desirable posts regarding the 85th. He was told that with a changing in attitude and activity his points would be removed after 3 months. For those of you keeping score at home, that would have been May of 2015. Siorre changed his attitude and the points were removed on schedule in May 2015.

To make this easier for staff, the following picture is the months in a year. I will reference said image through out the rest of the post:

So in recap, Siorre received his points in February 2015, they were removed in May 2015 (Please reference the picture above). Now on January 24th, 2017 (2 years after the fact) @Oliv PMed Siorre saying he had to reinstate his final warning because he did not appeal it. Which, contradicts what  you say @Oliv because you say they never expired and you simply made a little mistake while editing his points (I don't understand why you would have been editing them in the first place.)

Can you please explain to me @Oliv why your straight up lying about his points history?

The points expired due to an error when they were placed, they were never removed. It was overlooked that the points had expired until they were corrected and put back in place. Conor and I reminded Siorre he was still on a final in September 2015 when he was unbanned after taking some time away (link below). He never questioned us stating he was still in a final, nor did he attempt to appeal it anytime prior to last month.

http://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/61540-ban-appeal/

Final warnings go like this. 25 points for 3 months then you can appeal however, the points themselves so not expire snd hsvd to be revokee msnualky in the event of an accepted appeal. Someone made an error when issuing the points and set them to an expiration date of 3 months (May 2015). The points should've still been there but weren't, and Oliv caught it last month. Simple.

I have no opinion on the ban itself or anything else relating to the topic at hand because I don't know what was posted to begin with to get the points. However, I won't let someone accuse someone of lying when it's simply down to a misunderstanding of the events and nothing more.

5 minutes ago, Tosh said:

The points expired due to an error when they were placed, they were never removed. It was overlooked that the points had expired until they were corrected and put back in place. Conor and I reminded Siorre he was still on a final in September 2015 when he was unbanned after taking some time away (link below). He never questioned us stating he was still in a final, nor did he attempt to appeal it anytime prior to last month.

http://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/61540-ban-appeal/

Final warnings go like this. 25 points for 3 months then you can appeal however, the points themselves so not expire snd hsvd to be revokee msnualky in the event of an accepted appeal. Someone made an error when issuing the points and set them to an expiration date of 3 months (May 2015). The points should've still been there but weren't, and Oliv caught it last month. Simple.

I have no opinion on the ban itself or anything else relating to the topic at hand because I don't know what was posted to begin with to get the points. However, I won't let someone accuse someone of lying when it's simply down to a misunderstanding of the events and nothing more.

Then why would he be told they would expire after 3 months? 

1 minute ago, Henning said:

Why would his final warning be the exception and be the only one to expire? 

Could of been many reasons, Probably just a miss wording, or misunderstanding. But if you want to get technical, Everyone's points expire after three months, But the warning is still in place until an appeal has been heard.

Edited by Jetwells

Just now, Henning said:

You'll need to ask the admin team from that time. That was prior to myself, and definitely prior to Oliv, being in the admin team. Now that a few of the old admin team are back, it may be easier to ask them, but of course it was two years ago. I never saw any mention of final warnings expiring after three months. Everything I knew is that any final warnings or permanent points given were theoretically always in place until admins say otherwise, in a ban appeal or privately in a PM. If Siorre received anything of that nature and it's still in his inbox, then he could point to that and Rolle could handle it from there.

1 minute ago, Jetwells said:

Why would his final warning be the exception and be the only one to expire? 

Could of been many reasons, Probably just a miss wording, or misunderstanding. But if you want to get technical, Everyone's points expire after three months, But the warning is still in place until an appeal has been heard.

1st you weren't around for the situation that got him those points. It was not a misunderstanding. 

Siorre was taken off final warning, then placed back on it 2 years later because he failed to 'Appeal'. Final warnings aren't like points, your correct that they don't expire. But they also don't magically vanish  either.  

You'll need to ask the admin team from that time. That was prior to myself, and definitely prior to Oliv, being in the admin team. Now that a few of the old admin team are back, it may be easier to ask them, but of course it was two years ago. I never saw any mention of final warnings expiring after three months. Everything I knew is that any final warnings or permanent points given were theoretically always in place until admins say otherwise, in a ban appeal or privately in a PM. If Siorre received anything of that nature and it's still in his inbox, then he could point to that and Rolle could handle it from there.

He is unable to access his inbox, so sadly he is unable to provide that proof.

But I guess that just working in staffs favor.

Just now, Henning said:

1st you weren't around for the situation that got him those points. It was not a misunderstanding. 

Siorre was taken off final warning, then placed back on it 2 years later because he failed to 'Appeal'. Final warnings aren't like points, your correct that they don't expire. But they also don't magically vanish  either.  

1st, Nawww, Elitism. Take the blinkers off and read what was said. You asked why he would be told that, I gave you a reason. Dont get upset. He failed to appeal it more than once then? So whos to blame? The staff team for following protocol which everyone complains about them not doing, Or Siorre for not taking notice? You dont magically loose your final because you dont play for 2 years. Don't get upset your friend has been permad for his own mistakes, but maybe learn from him.

6 hours ago, King Box said:

I could understand people getting warning points for a comment they posted that the OP deemed unnecessary and unwanted, but if they don't care, why should it matter? I could understand if it was heated and things were getting hostile but from what I've heard that doesn't seem to be the case.

This.  Exactly.  I've never understood why we take ourselves so seriously here.  Why can't people have some fun if it's not harming anyone?  Clutter?  

Does anyone really give a shit about clutter?

And lets get real for a second here.

Staff failed to moderate a staff feedback forum properly so why bring a shitstorm of points to a thread that no one asked for moderation in?  Even a STAFF MEMBER thought they were having a good time.

To be frank this community is too worried about who's posting unnecessary memes on "on topic threads",  come on.  It was a media thread for a group on DAYZRP.  They were having a laugh,  I've seen people shitpost far worse on discussion topics and get nothing, how could this have possibly resulted in a perma ban?

Constructive Criticism to the entire staff team.

Figure out where your priorities are.  Seriously.  

People should not be afraid to post here.  If they cross a line by straight up insulting someone, yeah points are there, but this place has got to stop with the "no fun allowed" mentality because that should be the absolute priority.

2 minutes ago, Henning said:

He is unable to access his inbox, so sadly he is unable to provide that proof.

But I guess that just working in staffs favor.

Again, if it's in there, Rolle (to my knowledge) can still access it if he has reason to do so. I know Siorre himself can't access it, but if it was a PM and wasn't deleted at some point by Siorre, Rolle can go back and look.

-User was warned for this post-