Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:22

Sign in to follow this  
BorderLineGamer

Jesse's Story

Hey there, I’m Jesse Jackson, I’m a 19 year old nobody who enjoys nothing better than taking a stroll down a street, and massacring every dead thing he comes across. Don’t let that fool you, i’m a nice guy, wouldn’t hurt a fly, but these undead pieces of shit aren’t flies.

It had been 3 months since the world had gone to shit, but my entire family was safe. My parents, grandparents, my brother, my 3 sisters, my 2 aunts and their kids, and my uncle all hiding in our cellar until the military came by.

We were enjoying a meal together when a single zombie unexpectedly flew through the well barricaded cellar door with tremendous force.

Silence and shock swept across the room as the zombie flew across the room, falling onto my cousin Harley. None of us had seen these things yet. We had seen the reports on the news and followed the recommendations of going into hiding. Now we were faced with just one of the creatures, and we couldn’t do a thing.

It lept at us one by one taking down Aunt Pauline and two of the children before we could react. My Dad and uncle Tom tackled the thing to the ground, while I looked for something hard to hit it with. My mum and other Aunt ran to the door, to try and prevent any more coming through.

I found a hatchet on the wall to be used ‘in case of emergency’, this was definitely an emergency. I turned to help my father and uncle when I seen my Aunt Pauline sprint at them both despite missing half of her thigh. She was one of them, I thought as I ran to prevent further casualties. I prodded Pauline back not being able to kill family; she stumbled back unto the floor, snarling angrily at me.

I quickly brought down the axe on the thing that was being held to the ground. My father shouted to me “Once they come back, they aren’t family, they’re imposters!”. He snatched the fire axe from me and swung the axe at the now standing Pauline, her head flying against the wall.

Amidst the chaos, we had became oblivious to the children. They had made there way to the other kids who were hiding in the corner in shock, my mum had went to stop it, but had just became another victim. “We can’t save them!” My father shouted, as he grabbed me by the hand and ran towards the door, with Tom right behind us. We left the cellar, and the house, and began running down the street, but where was Aunt Marie?

They were everywhere, and with the smell of fresh food emitting from us, the things darted at us faster than any human could. We kept running, faster and for longer than I ever thought possible, until the screams and snarling stopped, and my legs failed on me. The problem was that I was by myself.

At some point amidst the running, I had lost the grip of my father’s hand and had continued running, oblivious to the loss of everyone around me, probably because of the adrenaline of the events unfolding around me. I took a moment in the middle of the forest, to think, and grieve. I mourned my entire family, they were all gone, but more than anything, I vowed revenge on every single piece of shit creature out there.

Two days later, to add insult to injury, I had found Marie, but it wasn't the things that had got her. She had hung herself on a lamp post in the middle of a desolate road leading to nowhere.

I've completely redone my character's story, and it is far from finished. I've finished the majority of his beginning backstory, but I'm probably going to post a few other bits and pieces before the apocalypse, as well as after that will show a little bit more about who Jesse is, and what he is capable of, in good and bad ways. I'm too tired to do any more at the moment, so happy reading, and as always, I'd love to hear some feedback!

Gullio1    0

Well, it looks like you're fixing most of the things that need to be addressed. The only thing I am willing to say (hard to review an unfinished product) is that it needs a better ending. Something that feels more complete.

Oh yeah. Jesse says he's a nice guy. Prove it.

Otherwise, really enjoyed this.

Well, it looks like you're fixing most of the things that need to be addressed. The only thing I am willing to say (hard to review an unfinished product) is that it needs a better ending. Something that feels more complete.

Oh yeah. Jesse says he's a nice guy. Prove it.

Otherwise, really enjoyed this.

Thanks! I'm going to be adding small posts to this thread as Jesse's personality changes due to events happening in-game.

I'm using this not only for story purposes, but to give people an idea of how I may treat them in-game.

Sign in to follow this