Server time: 2017-10-24, 11:33
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dewzeh

PC Specs for DayZ? & their prices?

Question

Dewzeh    0

Hi, I'm new to DayZ & the PC scene. I've been watching DayZ awhile but I've always been a console player. I'm looking to get rid of my Xbox and purchase a PC but I quite frankly don't have a clue what to buy and what will run DayZ well... 

Can someone help me with the specs & prices, I'm from the UK if that helps. My budget won't be to great as I only really need a starter PC that can run DayZ well.

Thanks. 

13 answers to this question

cakey    14
1 minute ago, Dewzeh said:

Hi, I'm new to DayZ & the PC scene. I've been watching DayZ awhile but I've always been a console player. I'm looking to get rid of my Xbox and purchase a PC but I quite frankly don't have a clue what to buy and what will run DayZ well... 

Can someone help me with the specs & prices, I'm from the UK if that helps. My budget won't be to great as I only really need a starter PC that can run DayZ well.

Thanks. 

well moving to pc gaming aint easy or cheap but as dayz is well all in all a shit game to run on some pc's unless you spend about £650. I have all my settings on low and disabled haha. but good luck at coming over to this world of lag. fps drops game crashes, early access games that promise but dont deliver.  and intense rage quitting! :D 

Beni    870

Hmmm Hello @Dewzeh

I mean... If you're new to the PC Scene you should probably buy a pre-built PC. It cost's a little more but it comes ready built and stuff like that. Amazon have some pretty good stuff actually... Not going to lie.

But in my eyes, you should buy a pre-built PC If you're brand new to the PC Scene. 

2 minutes ago, cakey said:

well moving to pc gaming aint easy or cheap but as dayz is well all in all a shit game to run on some pc's unless you spend about £650. I have all my settings on low and disabled haha. but good luck at coming over to this world of lag. fps drops game crashes, early access games that promise but dont deliver.  and intense rage quitting! :D 

To be honest DayZ Isn't that hard to run anymore... You won't be able to run it on a office PC... But you'll be able to run it on a Low Budget Gaming PC If you know what you're doing and know what to buy...

It was hard to run in .59... But it's a LOT Easier now. 

Boston    787

Well, with the recent .60 Patch, DayZ is a bit easier to run than it was.

As far as the raw components that you would need, for ultra settings, I would recommend a GTX 980 (GPU) and one of the Intel Core i7 Processors, probably this one.

As far as motherboards are concerned, make sure the socket type matches your processor, otherwise the processor won't fit the board and you could short your whole system. Cooling will also be something to take into consideration, perhaps a water cooler of sorts.

My best experience with buying parts has been at Fry's Electronics stores or Best Buy, otherwise Amazon has some good parts.

I would also recommend having a professional build the computer unless you know what you're doing.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

Dewzeh    0

Thanks to the above for the help, any more suggestions/advice is welcomed

WeeMeme    0

Well my pc currently was cheap not anything amazing and i run dayz fine.

Gowbe    208

Bare in mind that your monitor will affect your framerate. I got an 3440x1440 monitor and there is a massive difference (FPS) if you compare to a 1920x1080 monitor.

Soo if you want/have a top range monitor you need a more than decent computer.

Rewand    0
1 hour ago, Gowbe said:

Bare in mind that your monitor will affect your framerate. I got an 3440x1440 monitor and there is a massive difference (FPS) if you compare to a 1920x1080 monitor.

Soo if you want/have a top range monitor you need a more than decent computer.

Uh, no. Your monitor won't affect your framerate at all. Your resolution is what affects your framerate. Even if you decide to get a 3440x1440 monitor you could always lower the resolution if your framerate is not good enough.

Edited by Rewand

My PC is made out of toaster parts, i run it on a mixture between medium and high, i get 50-60 FPS in most areas. I'd say £650 + Would be good for DayZ.

Edited by CrescentGent

Gowbe    208

Yeah. I kind of explain things like a potato... Like @Rewand said.

7 minutes ago, Rewand said:

Uh, no. Your monitor won't affect your framrate at all. Your resolution is what affects your framerate. Even if you decide to get a 3440x1440 monitor you could always lower the resolution if your framerate is not good enough.

And that is why my I use a PC that probably costs more than me. Because who wants to put a lot of money on a 4k monitor and play in 1920x1080. ;)

The way I meant was: do not buy a 4k monitor and expect to be able to play in 4k without a decent computer. 

Jon Snow    0

My PC is made out recycled plastic and hair and I seem to run dayz fine, I mean I get FPS drops in stary and all that but who doesn't lul

Chow    45

@Dewzeh What is your budget?

Do you want console graphics? (Medium + settings, 30-45 fps)
Or do you want Pc Master Race graphics? (Ultimate settings, 60-120 fps)

Here is a decent setup which will handle DayZ and many other games very well.
It is with the most recent chipset and if money is an issue you can always go to older setups which will handle the games just fine aswell, but here you have a bit more future proof build.

Edited by Chow

Beni    870

Hello @Dewzeh

I will be solving this question now, I feel you have gotten the correct answer, if you need anymore assistance with stuff like this feel free to PM A staff member or any other member of the community that has helped you in this thread.

Good luck with the PC I guess mate