Server time: 2017-10-24, 09:19
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
King Box

Love for some can windup being a drug (Clementine Carey's Story)

King Box    0

- A story beginning with love -

Act I: The start

Chapter 1: A start

Spoiler

full-daria-sidorchuk-51337665.jpg.86580f8e2ab448efea1f9a5efefb5763.jpg study272large-620x320.jpg.51e4018050f12f620015398bd2d0acfe.jpg58966991609a0_womansilhouette-e856405813c4566594fda27d1569efd7e5ce6b69.jpg.d3679bc4a8039c75ec4f629f5e579908.jpg     

Song is recommended! Name: Frail Thing

At the time, it was middle school, which was quite a young age to say you're in love, but I was. She was beautiful, had a beautiful voice, was beautifully charismatic, and so much more in my eyes. Do I confess? Do I not confess? Do I confess? Do I not confess? We knew each other, and she always found my behavior around her odd, but she never seemed to think much of it. I didn't know whether or not i should be happy or if i should be sad. Does she notice me? Or am I just a friend? It affected my grades to be completely honest. I was at this school from the start, and she transferred into it halfway through the year for a reason I never asked, as she wasn't open about it. When she wasn't here I'd like to say I was an ace, but I was honestly an average A and B student, nothing more. When she came here though, it changed EVERYTHING. I couldn't help coming home and jumping into my bed thinking about her.  And soon enough, I was thinking about her more than I was studying or doing homework, and I became a mostly B and C student.                                                                

From my eyes, the world COMPLETELY changed. Everything which could simply be described as "life" now had more color and meaning to it. Not that it didn't before, just that it was more so now then ever before. It was like everyday I went into a glass elevator that ascended into the heavens, so as I looked around, butterflies filled me. It was a... giddy feeling, as if I was high, and I guess you could say I was;  high on love that is. It became such a pleasurable feeling that I feared confessing to her could ruin it. But it was something I planned on doing for sure, as I didn't want to be platonic in this relationship, I wanted something to happen.

Sometimes I felt like I was being foolish, after all I had only just turned thirteen. A thought like that though always got pushed away. I didn't care what age I was, I was in love and I wanted to pursue it. I didn't want to move on. I wanted to push forward, and on a colorful day just like any other due to my love filtered eyes, I did just that. "I LOVE YOU!" God I screamed it so loud. Her eyes got so big I thought they would burst. "ARE YOU OKAY?!" I had panicked. The whole situations was comically awkward. And then her cheeks went red. It wasn't something I expected and so I had no idea how to respond. Me and her had a pretty close relationship up to this point, but I never had felt any inclination that she liked me, so naturally I was confused at her blush. What happened next was more so unexpected. She kissed me. I was super confused. I mean, I wasn't complaining, but I honestly couldn't understand why. I went into this confession completely expecting to get rejected, but the opposite happened, I got a kiss. It was no quick kiss either, it held like an awkwardly dramatic pause in a play. Surprisingly enough, the one to break it was me. My cheeks got wet as we kissed and so I broke off to see what it was... and what it turned out be was her tears. 

It turns out she was a lesbian just like I was, but unlike me she didn't accept it. It only confused her, and he confusion only led to stress and anxiety. She felt odd and out. Like she was different and didn't fit in. And so, while I imagine she had crushes of her own, she never pursued them out of fear of what would happen, and out of fear of accepting she was gay. The second those three words left my mouth, however, that wall she had built to hide behind crumbled like the walls of Jericho.  She turned out to be much more clumsy and emotional than I had previously known, but I guess that was all because of her locking herself up. She was a very frail thing.

Though it was a different her, a frail her, I accepted it wholeheartedly, in fact, I'd say I accepted even more. A version of her that was so vulnerable was so UNBELIEVABLY attractive.  The conclusion of the confession was her accepting it, thank god. From that point on, we were love birds through and through. We went on dates, went over each others houses, kissed, held hands. I felt unbelievably mature, and everything felt so intimate when we kissed. It felt as if the entire universe has silenced itself, just for us. After a while I bought us matching rings, as a symbol for our love. They we expensive, and I had to get my whole year's allowance in advance to buy them. Sadly we never wore them in public unless we went on dates, as she didn't want to completely publicize it. Not to mention we had hid it from our parents, fearing their response. They thought we were just friends, but we were so much more

It wasn't apparent from the start, but I was very dominant in our relationship. We both liked it that way and it fit our personalities so that's how it stayed. It isn't like I did everything however. I would sometimes purposely not choose and dance around the decision making so that she would have to do so herself, seeing her take the initiative was so cute. She would sometimes catch me and get flustered, which was also cute. Teasing her in any way was a very entertaining activity. It wasn't just me teasing her and that was it either, it helped her grow, and become more confident. It isn't like she stopped being clumsy and emotional, just that she accepted herself more, which was always a beautiful thing, to see the frail girl grow.

And so our relationship went on, but as 2014 came along and I neared fourteen, the world ended, but our love and our feelings, and our world, certainly never did.

Chapter 2: Ferris wheels, love, lawlessness, and the end of the world

Spoiler

ferris_wheel_by_squishy_1.jpg.6516c295dda66381ea5e8523c41f809f.jpgliverpool_riot_624.jpg.4a15c64ba9abd57f9834b0c0dec2a9c3.jpgCbvNvlOUUAAAqYQ.thumb.jpg.e58def3f7c042482497bca0a4e4f6957.jpg

For those that don't know, fuselage is the main body of an aircraft, when listening to the song I didn't know what it meant at first, so I put this here just in case someone else doesn't. 

Song Recommended! Name: The end of the world

And so it began. It wasn't much at first, just a couple people on the news talking about an infection in a small country called Chernarus. Never heard of it, but apparently it has a history of bad luck. Those around me and the world seemed to brush it off at the time, it wasn't until it really started getting bad in Chernarus when the news started jumping on it, and the UN started getting involved. At this point though, I wasn't thinking about it at all. What cared about was her, not some small country that had just be introduced to me. And so me and her went about like the world was as rose colored as at had always been since we got together.

Things sooner or later started getting serious even outside of the small country. It hadn't gotten out of Chernarus yet, but the people around me, especially the superstitious ones, seem to be preparing for the worst. It all seemed very odd to me and her, and soon enough this bombardment of a story that we didn't care about affected our rose colored life. The worry of the people around us stained our love filtered eyes with ink, and there talks about the number of dead seeped into our noses, and we felt as if we could smell it ourselves.  It was horrible, and so we tried and tried and tried to block it out. 

Things didn't stop there. Our parents found out about our relationship. Mine were fine with it, but with a religious father on her side it was going to become quite a problem. It didn't become one however, because something bigger and worse cropped up, the infection. It got out of Chernarus, and spread to the neighboring countries. Soon enough it reached the UK, and thus the world around us ended. But our world didn't. When everything fell apart we went to the now abandoned and locked up amusement park, started the power, and got on the Ferris wheel. Justus. The amusement park was locked up tight, and when we got in, we locked it up tighter, so no one would be there to stop us. The flashes of light and fire, and the sound of chaos as we rode the Ferris wheel was quite poetic. Our rose filtered eyes would never be pure again, but they did not break.  And so we left our home behind, and ran away, just the two of us.

Our families had most likely died in the fires that also took our homes, which would be the first punch in the face the infection would give us. But we stood back up, and pushed through the garden of corpses sprouting up, and nipping at our ankles. We beat them to a pulp, stamped them down, and pushed them around as if we were in an arcade game. We hid in a fuselage, hiding in the rubble, and waiting it out in first class until those ghastly monsters would go back to the hole where they came from. And she was there with me, clutching my arm, it felt as if nothing would come to harm either of us. The end of the world... it was only the start of it all, for us.

Missiles, guns, everything. We heard it all. A resounding sound that reverberated against the fuselage. And our safety here in this broken down plane would not last. People would find us, and the infected would not be far behind. And so we ran. We ran away from the clangor of the guns and missiles, trying to find a safe place. Every second, our lives were on the line, but it didn't feel that way. It felt as we were running around in a movie set, thematically running about while everything around us burned and fell and yet we stayed strong. Whe held each other's hands, and felt as if we were ready for anything. All around us, infected and human alike, falling apart in a symphony of madness and blood, an orchestral masterpiece.

The entire world was falling apart at our feet. Lawlessness was the new law, and we went with it. Food was needed as well as other things so we looted stores that no longer had owners. Police still tried to stop people, fumbling for some sense of order, but failed like a baby bird that wasn't ready to fly but jumped out of its nest nonetheless. We had only been using makeshift weapons up until now, but we decided guns might help so we grabbed some and some ammo to make them useful. We needed to protect ourselves to protect our world. We thought we had this dying world in the palm of our hands, and that we were ready to dance around it, changing every little thing to make sure our world survive. But that ended quickly. We were on a drive, just us two fourteen year old girls who knew nothing about driving, driving a car, talking and having fun while agony, death and despair surrounded us, when our tires were shot, and the car flipped. We both survived, and they pulled us out and put us in their van, and told us they were going to make us slaves. Even then we didn't care, because as long as we were together, our world would never fade.

But it would, and it did. They put us into different sectors of their slave camp, and I didn't even get to say goodbye. Our hands were pulled apart, and it felt like an unbreakable wall was closing between us. And in that moment, I had felt the depths of despair, and while I was still alive, I had felt like I had already died, tossed aside like a doll, useless and with no purpose. And in that moment, our world crashed and burned just like everything around us, and I had truly come to realize, that this was the end of the world, as well as the end of our world. 

I felt like ripping my eyes out. I felt like ripping my heart out. I felt cutting off my ears. I felt like pulling my intestines out. I felt like smashing my head. I felt like crushing my brain. I felt like killing myself. I felt like starving myself. I felt like torturing myself.  I felt like screaming until my nose would bleed.

But I wouldn't, because I knew that even if we were separated. She was still alive. And as long as I knew that, would push forward. Push forward for her.

Chapter 3: Slavery

Spoiler

screen-shot-2012-09-25-at-5-42-53-pm.png.eddcd746eff586a4afb38236c477658c.png

Song is recommended! Name: The Host of Seraphim

Forced to wake up, forced to eat horrible food, forced to till the ground, forced to clean clothes, forced to sharpen blades, forced to make blades, forced to make bullets, forced to clean floors, forced to do many more things, forced to eat horrible food, forced to sleep in a horrible sleeping environment. Rinse and repeat. All of this, and none of her. Slavery was a bitch. I hated these people who forced me to work for them just because they were to lazy to do it themselves. They told us that it was for our own good, and that this was our payment for protecting us against the infection. I didn't ask for their protection, and neither did the majority of the people here. I heard some people did, but I haven't found any to outright say so, after all, they probably regret their decision. But who knows, maybe the world is worse out there, and so I could live here, I could push through it, buy only with her. The biggest slap in the face these "benevolent" overlords gave me was separating me from her. At first I directed all of my sadness and despair at myself, but that wouldn't do, so I directed it toward them. I would fuck these people up for separating us, I just had to find the right moment. 

It had been about a week now, I think, and already a large portion of the people here who were slaves had seemed to be on the brink of madness. A lot of us here were kids, not of age. There were more adults definitely, but still a large enough number of kids to make your jaw drop to the floor, completely aghast. And it didn't stop there. I hadn't seen or experienced it myself, but apparently the fuckers have been using us slaves as sexual toys, possibly even including those not of age. What fucking freaks. One night a girl came back crying, I did't know for sure, as she said nothing, but I connected the dots. One day a small boy had actually confronted one of them, a women. He told them what they were doing was wrong and that they should stop. He seemed so innocent and pure, a sight that would bring a smile to your face. Not in this case however, as the kid was covered in mud and sweat, and after he said that to her, that wasn't the end of it. She beat the daylights out of the kid, enough to break a bone, and dragged his unconscious body off to somewhere. A man had tried to stop the horrific act but was shot. I don't think he died, but he certainly wouldn't be doing any work for them anytime soon, so who knows what would happen to him.

The slowly creeping and crawling madness in our sector only got worse and worse as day by day everything repeated itself in such a mundane and repetitive way that you would want to scream bloody murder. The food only gets worse and worse each day, I have no idea what they are putting in this shit. When I eat this food I feel as if I'm drinking blood, or swallowing a live animal. The others seems to be on their last straw everyday, and when they look like they are about to do something, our "owners" kick them back down. Rinse. And Repeat. It has been this way for the past three days. Everyday one of us tried to do something just to get beat to a bloody pulp, I feel as if they are going to start shooting people that try anything now. I also feel like I'm the only one with some sense of sanity. Don't get me wrong, if I didn't have her to think about, I would be just like the rest of them. And who knows? Maybe I will become like one of them, and gradually and inevitably sink into madness.

The infected seem to have found the camp. I hear them every day and every night now. Scraping and banging against the walls built to protect us, or more realistically keep us from running away.  They always head up to the top of the wall and start shooting down on them. The sound can be deafening, but then again it always was. A boy, seeming to be about twelve, woke up screaming tonight. He was yelling about the infection, and then went on rambling about them scratching at the inside his head, and their cold hands grabbing at his heart. I think the working and the food has gotten to him. I checked his forehead and he seemed to be burning up, the poor thing. They didn't take him though, they just forced him to work like everyone else. One of the men whispered to him when they were cleaning up and said that if he just lets them beat him up they can take him away and take care of him. I was opposed to the idea, as well as a couple others and the kid himself. Getting them to beat him up would simply make the chances of his death even greater.

It was too much. It got to the poor soul. It was two days after the man gave him the idea, and the kid's fever wasn't going down, and so the kid did it. He ran at a women about maybe five year older than he was, and punched her in the gut. It didn't seem to do much, the kid was already weak from the sickness after all. But she shot him. She didn't beat him to a pulp, she didn't laugh at the kid and tell him to get back to work. No. She shot him.  "Now he doesn't have to be sick anymore" she spat. I was infuriated. She shot a twelve year old! My blood boiled. These people were utterly inhumane.  Who knows, maybe the infection got to their heads, or maybe they were messed up at birth, it didn't matter. They killed  a kid. A frail kid. She is frail, so what if they shoot her? I can't allow such a possibility. I can't act irrationally either. 

For now, I'll keep quite, one wrong move and I'm dead. I can't let that happen, I have to see her. There will be no other ending to my story. I will get to see her. I'll kill every last one of them in this camp if that's what it takes. One. By. One. Down and dead. All of them until I see her beautiful face. I could look at it for hours. Just thinking about her and her face makes me smile. I wonder what she doing right now? Is she doing the same? Is she waiting for the right moment to find me? So we can lock hands and forget about this once fragile and now broken world? She hasn't broken yet has she? She is really frail after all, possibly even frailer than this world. When we meet again I will protect her, and let her live happily. That's my goal. To create a world where we can live happily. A world where we can dance around this world so that we can stay safe. A world just like before. A world where we can stare each other in the eye without a worry. A world were we can kiss and hold hands as much as we want.

A world of felicity.

A world of symphony and tranquility.

A world of serendipity.

Chapter 4: Part 1: Preparing for a fight

Spoiler

rsz_1nat_turner_1800-31_with_fellow_hi.jpg.fb050462a29432ff0cd8ba02c22854aa.jpgoriginal.jpg.e012b84c686bdbf9f16aa0664a1ecfc3.jpgpakistanis_making_weapons_640_21.jpg.981ced1ac193a44befd88d8962fd55b3.jpg

Song Recommended! Name: We Are Not Things (Mad max ost)

We've had enough. It's time to fight back. We are all in agreement, and are now preparing to kill these "benevolent protectors". Lucky for us they don't keep us under a microscope when we're sharpening and making knives, spears, and ammunition. So we're snatching some of the weapons and ammunition. We've been getting a good look at the place recently too, some girls and guys have volunteered to go "please" some of our owners so that we get a good feel for our surroundings.

I'm going break out of here and find her even if I have to kill every last one of them in this sector. That's what I'm doing this for. I wan't to get out too, just like everyone else, but she is my top priority. My life, my world, revolves around her, and and so I am suffering without her. I'm like a puzzle that's missing its last piece.  It's not like I'm much different from my fellow slaves though, they can't live fully either, not without getting out of here first. My completion isn't as definite though, because when we burn these fields, these factories, and these walls down on top of these fuckers, and I run and fight my way to her, she may not even be there. It does not matter though, because even if she isn't there, I'll walk the whole earth until I find her, and build that world of serendipity.

It's time to fight.

Chapter 4: Part 2: Rebellion and Slaughter

Spoiler

article-2081045-0F507CFB00000578-86_636x264.jpg.c1c2c6fb0be97c45e85d395d0f182344.jpg 8.thumb.jpg.096cd725fffa46db800e189248131411.jpg hillsborough-fire.jpg.e38e9909a721a3e547b4a3a576811d87.jpg

Song Recommended! Name: Brothers In Arms (mad max ost)

It is night. Clouds shroud the moon, making the world dark as death. The guards should be nothing but a skeleton crew at this point as they think all their precious slaves are nice and tucked away in there shitty sleeping environment. But they are gravely wrong. We are all still awake. The men are gathering the hidden blades and are distributing them, while the women are distributing pouches filled with ammo. Two girls come back from servicing our owners and were able to snatch some alcohol bottles and a couple lighters. We shredded unused cloth and made Molotov Cocktails. 

A couple boys who were around eight years old kept watch at the entrance to see if anything would creep its way to us. Nothing did and we were now ready. It happened very fast. Me and a couple of other slaves ran swiftly and softly to the watch towers, while a group of kids and men headed to the factory, Molotov cocktails in one hand and lighters in the other, while a group of young women with the remaining Molotov cocktails and lighters headed for the sleeping quarters, with a large group of well built men to protect them. We got up to the top of the watch towers and killed the guards. The girl with me hesitated, but when she saw me ruthlessly kill the man in front of me she followed suit. She was still shocked however and asked me how I could kill someone so easily. "I've got someone I need to find, and the only way to do that is to suck it up and kill" was my curt response. She was still shocked, and a twinkle in her eyes showed she was curious as to who I needed to find, but with more pressing matters she shut up and we both continued.

We had grabbed the guns of the dead, and as we did the alarms blared like the sound of a dying baby. The factory burst into flames, and the sleeping quarters close behind it, followed quickly buy the sound of gunshots and screams. We who killed the watchmen were the only ones in possession of guns, so those screams belonged to us, not them. Chaos quickly enveloped the sector as slaves and slave owners alike died in a dance of weapons and fire. It was a slaughter like no other, as fire sucked up people indiscriminately and people of all ages feasted on each others lives in such an adrenaline rush that it felt as if all logic was thrown out the window, and we, slave and slave owner, were tossed into the depths of hell. Fire flew and blew as if it had a mind of its own, taking any life it could take while men on the opposing side tried to put it out. Some of us tried to stop them but they themselves were stopped, because if the fire got too out of hand, we would have to deal with the embodiment of death, which stood at all our doors.

Lights filled the sky and it felt like a new day had come. In reality the entire camp had lit up in a show of lights, and sirens in all sectors started blaring. The owners who were fighting us suddenly shrunk their shoulders and bolted, running for trucks as a gate opened up. The engines roared like lions as they started up and they evacuated. Judging by all the noise it seemed to be the whole slave camp. They were abandoning us. As they left we got together and put out the remaining fire. We had won. As the last fire was put out we got together in the fields next to the wall. We looked at each other, and began counting who was left. Out of the one hundred fifty of us there was about thirty left. So many kids had died, and for a while everyone had stayed silent. Many of us did not expect them to leave, we had all planned to escape and run, but with that role reversing the majority of us were considering staying her instead. The crops were damaged but not destroyed, and our sleeping quarters wasn't burned to ashes, so we could make do and build up. 

What mattered most right now though was that I find her. I needed her, and now, we would finally be able to see each other and be comforted by each other. As everyone was talking I interjected and told them we better check the other sectors to find survivors, as well as I needed to find someone specific. They agreed that that would be a good idea and so that was what we were going to do. But we didn't, because the second we were about to head for the gate that they had left out of, the wall, the wall that had been both our savior and our captor, blew up and crumbled to nothing.

And death, which had been at our door this entire time, gladly welcomed itself in.

Chapter 5:  Abyssus abyssum invocat

Spoiler

s-78aafddbe4d7333e9edaa5b35a5017dd93accfe5.gif 3859689-2870541753-38596.gif ewxozhchub4cng53vmgj.gif

Song recommended! Name: Storm is Coming (mad max ost)

The walls fell, and the infected moved towards us like a horde of rats. The feeling of relief had been obliterated by the sound of the explosion, and what came after it. We took up arms, grabbing weapons or readying the ones we already had. They ran at us, and as they ran some fell by our wall of bullets we poured at them, and others fell over them. Their moans and screams pierced my ears, and the sight of their hands, waiting to grab at our hearts,  sent a cold chill down my spine. Many of them were covered in blood, some even head to toe in it, and they reeked of death. Their appearance gave off the complete feeling of dread and disgust, by mixing the comfort of the sight of a human, mixed with the defiling of my smell, as well as taking away the very things that once made the sight of a human comforting. 

Our fighting didn't help end things. The thunder springing from our guns only brought more allies of death. Though In time the number would dwindle and they would no longer shake the ground with their numbers.  More of us had died however, and unless they stopped encroaching on this land even more were going to die. Some of them snuck past us like unseen shadows, and crept into the darkness of burned and non-burned hallways. Sometimes large numbers would come, and it would be one hell after another. We tried to rebuild the wall, but they made that very hard with their recurring appearance.

With more of us dead, the looks on our faces were mirrors of what we haven been facing, and it looked as if we were infected ourselves. Our once decent looking crops and ground now looked like that of a war zone, as the constant to and fro of the infected trampled the crops and grass into mud, as if they were soldiers running through mud soaked trenches in world war one. It hadn't helped that it started raining slightly in the middle of all this either, which attributed to the bad conditions. We had to maintain our footing on this ground now, if we move to quickly we'll slip, and mostly likely be ripped apart by them.

As we endlessly fought, I pondered why the wall had blown up, and had instantly arrived at the assumption that it was the owners. It would be stupid and foolish to think that the very people who enslaved us wouldn't have thought of the possibility of a rebellion. This was their sweet revenge I guess. As I continued on thinking about them, I suddenly came up with an Idea. They had left with the majority of the trucks, but there were still a couple left. I got the remain survivors together and devised a plan. The plan was to stack the back of the trucks with explosives and ride out of the camp through the broken wall. Once we're far enough away but still visible, we'll jump out of the trucks and blow them up. The sound of the explosion as well as the fire would attract the infected to it, and with that we would have enough time to build a wall. The truck with the explosives itself my not have been all that we needed, so for good measure, we put the dead bodies of our fellow slaves into trucks also, so that the infected would have something else to occupy their time with.

Many were opposed to using the bodies, but with the majority of us thinking "better safe than sorry" we sucked it up and tossed them in. We climbed into the large trucks and drove off, blowing the horn to attract as much attention while moving as well. When we got to the area that seemed right, we hopped out and turned the trucks into a blaze of fire. Not wanting to attract the attention of the main horde, we detoured by  going away from the camp, and then going back to it, very much like when trying to get out of a riptide. 

When we got back, the makeshift wall was almost done, and with the help of the rest of us we finished it. After a day the fire had gone out and the bodies had probably been chewed and licked to the bone by the infected, and so with nothing there else they made their way back to us. With a makeshift wall that we were continually reinforcing, we had finally regained control of the sector. There will still infected lurking in the shadows, waiting for a better chance to grab at our ankles and pulls us into nothingness, but in time they would all die too. What mattered most however, was her. What had become of the other sectors? From the sound of the explosion, it affected the entire camp. Is she okay?

After we had reinforced the wall enough, a couple others and I immediately searched the other sectors.

We found nothing.

They had all turned to ghost towns, save for the couple overrun by the infected, so all the slaves in the other sectors either died or ran away from the nightmare that they were forced to partake in.

All this meant was that she was no longer here.

And so while I would stay here for a while to get ready for the journey ahead, this was only the start of it all.

The start of the search for my love, and our world of serendipity.        

Chapter 6: Getting ready to set out

Spoiler

English-Road-Trip-Ideas-England-12.thumb.jpg.2cd7b42778aafea5fd5de732add31fd3.jpg

Song is recommended! Name: Circle

It's been two days since we secured the camp. Two days since I found out she was gone, that she was either dead, or that she had ran away. She may be frail but she isn't one to give up easily, so I believe she has run away from the death that had come for her when the walls fell. And so I set out tomorrow. I have told my once fellow slaves the story, and though they seem sad to see me leaving, they understand it is something I must do. 

I spent the last two days helping them fortify and secure their safety in this camp that was once a slave camp. We have finished the essentials, and so I can wait no longer. I set out at dawn. Today will be my last day I spend with my comrades, and so I should spend these last hours saying my goodbyes. Not many of them were left from the slaughter we had went, and so with one more now leaving, it would only get harder for them all. But they were all very tenacious, so one more gone would mean they were going lose.

They were all very strong, including the kids. The kids were once frail things like her, but through their experience at this camp they strengthened themselves. Everyone at the camp had very similar changes. However, being strong never took away their emotions, and so when we had gathered up our dead, many of us had cried, as we dragged the cold dead bodies of our fallen brothers and sisters across muddy ground. We dug graves for every single one of them.  Not one would be left unattended, they would all have proper burials.

While we had dug the graves, it had poured just like any other day. The rain only added to the melancholy atmosphere. It had felt as if a grey filter had been sewn over our eyes, and we could no longer see anything colorful during those hours when we buried them. So many had died. Some died in the rebellious chaos, others died beforehand solely at the hands of our oppressors. The sick kid that had tried to get out of work simply to be shot had came back to me. The poor soul wouldn't leave my head. Such innocence tainted by the single action of a girl not that much older than him. We hadn't found the girl's body with the rest of their dead, so she must have ran away with the rest of them.

I wonder what happened to them? Or what will happen to them? How will the stories of our oppressors end? Well? Bittersweet? Happy? I guess none of us will ever know unless we come across them again. But if that does happens, one of our stories will end badly. Nothing good will come out of any of us being reunited with our captors, only bloodshed and chaos will occur. But what are they doing now? Are they capturing more people, and subjecting them to slavery just like they had done to us? Most likely, but who knows? Maybe our little incursion made them rethink how they should do things.

With the walls and camp secured and the bodies cared for, the dawn of the third day had now come. It was my time to set out. Set our for her. I didn't want to make it hard for any of them, so I left while they were all asleep. Though we had left in the remaining trucks that one time, I guess you could say I was still chained to the camp, because when I climbed over the wall and fell into the muddy grass below, a surreal sensation overcame me. I felt as if I had jump from one world to another. As if I was in a cramped room and as a door appeared, I opened it to find myself in an entirely different world. The air, the ground, everything felt different.  It felt like a second wind. And with this second wind, I took my first steps into this new world.

With these steps, I will find her.

And so my journey finally begins.

And so that's chapter six of Clementine's story. We still have a while till she gets to Chernarus, but she certainly has stories to tell. I'll say here that this is obviously OOC, and anything here you will only find out IC. Comments are VERY welcome! :) 

Edited by King Box

Beni    870

Another 16 year old from the UK.

Thank fuck for that. 

Nice read though. 

King Box    0
3 hours ago, Beni said:

Another 16 year old from the UK.

Thank fuck for that. 

Nice read though. 

Thanks for the input!

Working on chapter 2 right now.

Edited by King Box

Beni    870
Just now, King Box said:

Sorry for being confused but i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. either way thanks for the input, and glad you liked it!

currently working on chapter 2.

No sarcasm intended, Daniel Balfour is like, one of the only younger people from the UK.... I think. 

Good read tho. 

King Box    0
3 minutes ago, Beni said:

No sarcasm intended, Daniel Balfour is like, one of the only younger people from the UK.... I think. 

Good read tho. 

thanks for clearing it up, reading comment is very hard to pick up on stuff like that unlike voice chat, so i just decided to ask.

Edited by King Box

Grimnir    664
On 5.2.2017 at 6:29 PM, Beni said:

Good read tho. 

Thats because the young people die, Beni. ;)

Liked especially Part 3, gave me 12 Years a Slave vibes. Only criticism I have is minor and that would be the music, turned it off since it kinda ruined it for me, but as I said very minor since I just had to turn it off. :)

Well done.

King Box    0
1 hour ago, Grimnir said:

Thats because the young people die, Beni. ;)

Liked especially Part 3, gave me 12 Years a Slave vibes. Only criticism I have is minor and that would be the music, turned it off since it kinda ruined it for me, but as I said very minor since I just had to turn it off. :)

Well done.

Could you tell me how the music is bad? Like is it just not your taste? Is it bad music in general? Does me trying to mix the song into how I write make it hard to read as some words are said both in the song and post possibly throwing you off?

I very well could be doing something wrong with the songs, and so if I am, I'd love for as much feedback as possible to make it enjoyable for everyone.

I guess what I'm mostly going for with the songs is the feel they have. So if you think instrumental version with no lyrics would be better I could try to find them and that could very well work.

Edit: I guess i should also ask which songs you didn't like. I could understand the Perfectly Mad goes with the seem of the overall story and other chapter but doesn't entirely go with how I wrote Chapter 3, so that's understandable. So what about the other 2?

Edited by King Box

Grimnir    664
1 minute ago, King Box said:

Could you tell me how the music is bad? Like is it just not your taste? Is it bad music in general? Does me trying to mix the song into how I write make it hard to read as some words are said both in the song and post possibly throwing you off?

I very well could be doing something wrong with the songs, and so if I am, I'd love for as much feedback as possible to make it enjoyable for everyone.

I guess what I'm mostly going for with the songs is the feel they have. So if you think instrumental version with no lyrics would be better I could try to find them and that could very well work.

Many factors to be honest with you.

1. It's not really my taste.

2. Especially for part 3 it wasn't really fitting imo. Was kinda waiting for some track to depict despair and all that.

3. I struggle to read a text and listen to lyrics at the same time since it distracts me sometimes. So I'd probably prefer some ambient stuff.

I am sure the lyrics are fitting but it's too much for my non english brain to process. As I said though if you think they make it better stick with them, this is only my opinion and I don't know how others feel about it.

King Box    0
Just now, Grimnir said:

Many factors to be honest with you.

1. It's not really my taste.

2. Especially for part 3 it wasn't really fitting imo. Was kinda waiting for some track to depict despair and all that.

3. I struggle to read a text and listen to lyrics at the same time since it distracts me sometimes. So I'd probably prefer some ambient stuff.

I am sure the lyrics are fitting but it's too much for my non english brain to process. As I said though if you think they make it better stick with them, this is only my opinion and I don't know how others feel about it.

1. that's cool

2. I thought so, my fault, another song probably would have been better. If I find one that's fitting and good, I'll change it.

3. That's what I thought as that happened to me too lol 

The overall ambiance of the songs is why I chose them, as I feel that it goes with her character's overall view of the world, which is her lover. She doesn't look at it literally, but rather romanticizes everything, and the songs gives off a "weird" feeling that I thought complimented her view I guess. I'll probably still use the songs which I had planned to use, but in the cases where things get more serious, and she levels out to more literal than romantic, I'll use different songs. I guess I thought the different feel to the songs would be weird and jarring and so I stuck with just one. I'll try to find different songs if I feel like things are less romantic than usual.

WeeMeme    0

// permission to bust clementines jaw? 

Good job 

Edited by WeeMan

King Box    0
1 hour ago, WeeMan said:

// permission to bust clementines jaw? 

Good job 

nu she not in chernarus yet.

plus she's to pure to be hurt like that <3

or is she?

also glad you enjoyed it!

Anything you could point out that might be bad though? :P 

WeeMeme    0

Aye your jaw no being bust is a bad thing 

Naa but looks all good nothing to complain about from me keep it up king. :P 

I like those 28 months later gifs though xD 

Edited by WeeMan

King Box    0
1 hour ago, WeeMan said:

Aye your jaw no being bust is a bad thing 

Naa but looks all good nothing to complain about from me keep it up king. :P 

I like those 28 months later gifs though xD 

ye that movie was great.

Compared to someone zombie movies, i really think that one did good with how they killed off characters.

WeeMeme    0
6 hours ago, King Box said:

ye that movie was great.

Compared to someone zombie movies, i really think that one did good with how they killed off characters.

Yeah definitely they get you attached to the main characters then boom they all die xD 

King Box    0
Just now, PurifieR said:

Beautiful story, really enjoyed the reading :D

Thanks for the input! :D

Sorry for the lack of posts these last 4 ish days (I've been posting daily but now its been 1 every two ish days) real life is being a bitch right now. Gotta take care of it :/ 

King Box    0
50 minutes ago, Mira said:

This is pretty fucking lit! Good work King.

Thanks bb

Beans? (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Edit! Top bloke! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Edited by King Box

Sign in to follow this