Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:20

Sign in to follow this  
SameOldRalle

Tv series / Movies

Hey!

I guess there are many of us that are watching The Walking Dead or any other tv series like that one, so I wonder if there are other tv series or movies that are just like The Walking Dead and Revolution of 2012?
It doesn't matter what it is, so long it is a "zombie apocalypse" or any "post-apocalypse"  theme at all.
I have seen these movies so far:
I am Legend, The Book of Eli, Waterworld of 1995, The Day After Tomorrow, 28 Weeks Later, all of the "Planet of the Apes" movies, Reign of Fire, World War Z and Land of the Dead.
There are certainly more films I've seen, but can not remember more, or even have the strength to try to think of more as I should have seen through the years.

Edited by Miniblåsan

SatansNightOut    105

The newer Dawn of the Dead is my favorite Romero movie. I'd highly suggest it. 

Another great post apocalyptic movie is the Postman with Kevin Costner. Really good watch. 

I Know there are a few others but I can't think of 'em right now. One of my favorite movies is called A Boy and His Dog, which was a huge influence for the Fallout game series. However, it's EXTREMELY low budget and from the 70s, so it's not spectacular visually, but the storyline is original and had a pretty twisted ending. 

And finally, since I brought it up... There is a Fallout fan made series called Nuka Break. It's got a decent budget for being a fan film and it's pretty entertaining. If you haven't seen it already, and like Fallout, then do yourself a favor and look up the two seasons (and the two "spin offs") on YouTube. 

Hope at least one of these suggestions helps. 

Happy watching. 

Edited by SatansNightOut

16 hours ago, SatansNightOut said:

The newer Dawn of the Dead is my favorite Romero movie. I'd highly suggest it. 

Another great post apocalyptic movie is the Postman with Kevin Costner. Really good watch. 

I Know there are a few others but I can't think of 'em right now. One of my favorite movies is called A Boy and His Dog, which was a huge influence for the Fallout game series. However, it's EXTREMELY low budget and from the 70s, so it's not spectacular visually, but the storyline is original and had a pretty twisted ending. 

And finally, since I brought it up... There is a Fallout fan made series called Nuka Break. It's got a decent budget for being a fan film and it's pretty entertaining. If you haven't seen it already, and like Fallout, then do yourself a favor and look up the two seasons (and the two "spin offs") on YouTube. 

Hope at least one of these suggestions helps. 

Happy watching. 

Thanks!
I'll check them up, but what did you mean by "(and the two" spin-offs ") on YouTube." ?
Is there no torrent that I can use to download the series or do I have to check it via Youtube?

House    4

The Road is pretty grim movie, cannibals ond overall crazyiness sets in really well. You can really feel the sense of hope fading.

All the old Mad Maxes are pretty crazy and great.

Doomsday was pretty good, i think it's underated, when it came out it didnt get as much views as it should have (nothing spectacular script wise).

Cant really think of any tv shows with similar content that were good.

SatansNightOut    105
4 hours ago, Miniblåsan said:

Thanks!
I'll check them up, but what did you mean by "(and the two" spin-offs ") on YouTube." ?
Is there no torrent that I can use to download the series or do I have to check it via Youtube?

Wayside Creations is an indie film group that have all their stuff on YouTube. I mean, there might be torrents but it's easier to watch on YouTube. The main series is Nuka Break, but there's also Lanius and uh... Fuck what was it. One about a ranger. They aren't as long as the main series, which is an hour or two. The two spin offs are only like 20 or 30 minutes, iirc. But for being fan made? They are really good. 

Also, what @House suggested. Yep. Those are all great movies. 

Recently just saw Train to Busan, which is a korean zombie movie, it was pretty good.

Edited by King Box
double post

Othuyeg    20

The 1959 version of "On the beach"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053137/

Or read the book if you like those.  The book is seriously something that will change how your brain operates.

The 2000 version isn't that bad either... I guess. Just more Hollywood and concentrates a bit too much on the unimportant stuff.

Edited by Othuyeg