Server time: 2017-08-17, 10:00

Sign in to follow this  
SirMadness

Initiate Via Radio Chatter

SirMadness    22

Hi all. Wondering other people's opinions on allowing initiation via radio chatter. If two groups have need/want to kill each other but it makes no IC sense to talk it out before hand, would this be possible. In radio chatter you suggest it and in OOC you talk through specifics of when, where, what you wear as not to confuse with randoms. This could kinda be organizing very quick and short PvP KOS events IC, just maybe on a more widely used way? Waddya think, I haven't decided how I feel about it yet, but I think its worth thinking about.

Skinner    422

Good lord you ask a lot of questions. Not a complaint, just an observation. Any time you and another party agree OOC to give KOS rights to each other then you can do so, just be sure you have proof they gave you kill rights because if you get reported for it you'll need to provide that or have them speak up for you. Also, you better be damn sure you don't shoot at someone who didn't agree to give you kill rights, because you are 100% responsible for everyone you shoot at.

So yes, this would probably be fine, just make sure they agree OOC and be sure to keep the radio chatter strictly IC. I'm sure staff will confirm or correct me if I'm mistaken.

SirMadness    22

Yeah I do ask a lotta questions haha. Thanks, I assumed this wouldnt be allowed so I put it here rather than in questions. Thanks

Pretty much what Matt said. As long as both parties agree OOCly to whatever you are planning, it is completely fine. Personally, I am not a big fan of it (and I love PVP), but I like the tension before the actual fight, and all the hostile RP around it. Realistically it wouldn't make sense to talk things out all the time, you are right there. But it's RP and that's what we are here for. :P

Beni    677

As long as both parties agree OOCly to what you're planning... You're good. I mean, I wouldn't do it.. Kinda ruins it... Like, they'll see it coming and it would kinda ruin my immersion tbh ;) In my eyes OOC should be kept out of IC Stuff, but that's just me... It's like;

*You join the parties teamspeak, and ask them some questions*

Guy One: Yo fam, can me and your lot go to war? I'm tryna get some PVP Out 'ere.
Guy Two: Yeah g it's standard, so when we see you it's no talkin'? Just straight out war innit?
Guy One: Yeye
Guy Two: Safe 

That's fine, but like @Fox said, the hostile RP Before the actual firefight Can be really fun, and also, not agreeing to stuff OOCLY Makes the who interaction a surprise for the other party, making it really fun...

Edited by Beni

Stiflex    109

This sounds like an idea that would lead to an endless stream of reports, wearing matching clothing won't prevent misID's, anything can happen especially from a distance with dayz's graphics. If you want to make a pvp event, assuming it's a group versus a group and you don't want it to happen dynamically while playing - just message them on teamspeak, talk it out, say when and where and it's lit. In my opinion the whole idea sounds like you want to just to pvp and skip the roleplay, which is not what the server is about, that being said - if both parties agree, go for it, no one is preventing you from posting a radio chatter thread detailing the event.

SirMadness    22

I would just like to say, this is not about me trying to 'skip the roleplay'. This would only happen after multiple scenarios of RP which have caused hatred for the other parties. For me, I play DayZRP for immersion and realism rather than specifically the RP. Realism comes before RP for me but that is just preference I think.

Stiflex    109
33 minutes ago, SirMadness said:

I would just like to say, this is not about me trying to 'skip the roleplay'. This would only happen after multiple scenarios of RP which have caused hatred for the other parties. For me, I play DayZRP for immersion and realism rather than specifically the RP. Realism comes before RP for me but that is just preference I think.

Well then if you prefer realism then why skip the dynamic eruption of a firefight? Wouldn't it be more interesting to "accidentally" bump into some of these rivals when both parties are off guard and then let everything kick off? That I feel is the most satisfying part of being a bandit, meeting someone you've wronged, especially if you see that you're both equal and no one has an upper hand knowing full well that shit is about to hit the fan. Not many games have the ability to give you that small feeling of adrenaline, and an organized event like this seems to take that element away.