Server time (UTC): 2020-01-26, 13:15 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Dax

Arma 3 Contractors

Yup it works again, cheerio's. 

Think the clean up script needs to be buffed as the server slow down is real.  Also in the spawn area there needs to be a script that removes items off the floor after a certain period. 

Though apart from that this is going in the right direction but we need more people on the server to see its full potential. 

The last 2 days were amazing with a lot of people! On sometimes we had more than 12 people playing.
Everything works fine, only the crashes are a bit annoying. It resets the whole map and what you have done in the past with missions.
Also I agree with Owen on the spawn area. People drop items on the ground that they don't use and I notice a lot of bad FPS.
For the rest keep on going! Great job @Sauce :D

Edited by Ramon

This mod is a lot of fun, especially when there's a large group of people on. The patrols recently have been really intense, and the firefights can go on for a long time which is a great thing. Keep up the good work Sauce and Team

I mean, until a script is implemented that deletes all the shit on the floor at hq, just put the items inside cars and they wont cause any bad fps...

A new update is ready and has been sent to Rolle for uploading to the server.

Once this version is live I intend to work on FPS stuff and tweaking the ALiVE numbers for AI after testing.

After that I'll get on to immersion stuff like briefing, and all the mission details.

Hopefully there will already feel like more of a take and hold ground thing with this update.

I've tested everything I can think of on my dedi and everything I've added worked there.

Changes,

CAS (attack chopper only), Artillery and troop transport AI now working. Needs tickets from completed missions to use. You need to to maintain a marked target with the laser designator I think.

Base specific clean-up script enabled. Should clear items dropped in base quicker.

AI tweaks and updates, AI intel about player faction updated.

I changed a few things with how the AI interact with the Players and the INDI side RACS faction.

(They will now mount attacks on held areas and the base, hopefully...)

Slightly more CIV ambient AI vehicles for realism.

Latest ACE update functions added. (Mainly fixes)

Bloodbags, HK guns with capability for Hunt IR grenades, laser designators & batteries added to shop.

Non player bought vehicles removed from base. (this should stop any saving/spawn issues)

IED system switched from ALiVE to ACE explosives... Hopefully this fixes the god damn IEDs!

IED threat level changed to high for testing purposes. (if it works this time it's gonna be scary)

RACS base faction slimmed down but increased experience levels.

Player TFR channels set to 77.7 by default (hopefully)

Base AI switched to RACS faction and added extra ambient guards.

Medical revival system overhaul. (I think I've sorted the loss of blood thing? also AI will no longer go unconscious)

Mobile Command Vehicle added. This vehicle unfolds into a small forward operating base. You can use the loadout thing here and teleport from the main base to the MHQ. (once turned out)

(MHQ starts in the nearby town and has to be liberated by players)

Attempts at FPS improvements:

Less reinforcements at a time for each side,

Limited player draw distance to 1500,

Removed superfluous files and code from mission,

Random clock times set at longer intervals.

2 hours ago, Sauce said:

New Update info. ( Snipped )

Sounds very good Sauce! Nice work! :D
I hope everything will work as planned.
I am hyped for the IED's and the Mobile Command Vehicle!

There is a bug atm with loadouts. Don't delete them if you haven't already, they may be able to be saved.

I made a bit of an error in call compiling some functions needed for loadouts. It should be fixed soon.

Server feels smoother and plays better now. Also loadouts work. Going to see if IEDs are around down south. 

Servers is a lot smoother than before, the AI seems to be a lot more accurate aaand lets say that Takistani Military is now a lot more... geared against us

*cough cough* (3)  T-72 battle tanks and a lot of infantry attacking *cough*

Now, some things to be said:

Stamina is enabled on the server (not that concerned about it, Arma is a asthmatic jogging simulator after all) but the weight limit is one of the biggest things making this so much worse. If you are completely stocked out, you are not able to run at all, only walk.

Map markers: You are not able to see on the map where your squad mates are. You can kinda get the idea of the big green square (aka their grid coordinate) and get in there.

Now, I am just saying these to inform people about these little things. However, good update, still waiting to see if IEDs are functional

16 hours ago, Mellstrom said:

I mean, until a script is implemented that deletes all the shit on the floor at hq, just put the items inside cars and they wont cause any bad fps...

since the cars have been removed you can use the empty crate that appears when you purchase gear from the store.

I believe that's the reason Sauce implemented it in the first place.

How to use the medical system!

I have not set up revive lives, so you should be able to revive a player by bandaging their wounds and giving them epi.

If they have lost too much blood, they need a medic to supply them blood.

Normal soldiers can stop their death timer running down by doing CPR. There is a random chance it works or not (maybe a random chance it makes it worse? I'm not sure).

So basically, you need to stabilize the wounded man, and perform CPR on him occasionally to keep his death timer from counting down and killing him until a medic can revive him or you can get him back to base.

When you've lost too much blood and you fall unconscious again s soon as you're woken, the only thing that will sort you out is blood from a medic.

I'm going to work on trying to sort it so the hospital at base and the MHQ both can be used by anyone to fully heal a wounded soldier.

2.1 Basic

When hit, units start to lose blood depending on the severity of their wounds. Once the level of blood falls below a certain threshold, the unit will fall unconscious and eventually die. Units will also fall unconscious when sustaining large amounts of damage at once or from high amounts of pain.

2.1.1 Wounds, bandages and medications

2.1.1.1 Wounds

It’s pretty straightforward compared to advanced, you only have two types of wounds.

• Yellow: Small - medium sized wound, a single bandage is usually enough.
  • Red: Large wound, 2 or more bandages are usually needed.
2.1.1.2 Bandages
  • All of them have the same effect.
2.1.1.3 Tourniquet
  • Serves no use in basic
2.1.1.4 IVs
IV Effect
Saline Serves no use in basic
Plasma Serves no use in basic
Blood Restores the blood of the patient

Use the appropriate amount depending on the situation (low / heavy loss of blood) (250, 500 or 1 000 mL)

2.1.1.5 Autoinjectors
Autoinjector Effect
Morphine Removes pain
Epinephrine Wakes up the patient
Atropine Serves no use in basic
Adenosine Serves no use in basic

2.1.2 Treating the patient

Step 1: Is the patient responsive?

• Yes: Ask him if he has wounds / he is in pain.
  • No: Go to step 2.

Step 2: Is the patient wounded?

• Yes: Treat the wounds and go to step 3.
  • No: Skip this step.

Step 3: Is the patient in pain?

• Yes: Give him morphine.
  • No: Skip this step.

Step 4: Did the patient lose a lot of blood?

• Yes: Give blood via IV.
  • No: Go to step 5.
  • No and patient responsive: You’re done.

Step 5

• If at this point the patient is still not back on its feet it’s time to use an epinephrine Autoinjector.

2.1.3 Additional informations

• If the revive system is in place your character will not die until the revive timer is at 0. Even if a tank shoots your ass off an epinephrine shot will bring you back up after your wounds are treated. (The timer is invisible and may vary from mission to mission, it also depends on the amount of lives remaining you have.)
  • You can’t do an overdose in basic.

2.1.4 Revive (Basic Medical)

For the following procedure to work revive need to be enabled.

• A unit in the revive state will be unconscious and will stay unconscious until it is either woken up or the revive timer runs out.
  • A unit in the revive state can’t die from any source of damage, only the timer reaching 0 can kill it.
  • Each successful CPR will increase the time the unit can stay in the revive state.
  • To wake up a patient treat all of his wounds, make sure he isn’t in pain and then use epinephrine.
  • Each successful revive removes a life from the unit, once the lives run out the next time the unit will take fatal damage it will not enter the revive state and will die.

I've got an idea about the lack of IEDs and it's cause.

The AI needs time to properly populate the area with IEDs if you're using alive so when the server crashes and the mission gets reset so does the AIs thinking process and preparations thus causing the lack of IEDs placed by alive.

The AI-Heli evac works incredibly smoothly, very nice system. 

Also, we 'interrogated' some terrorist sympathisers earlier:

XQx2Nvo.jpg

fnEUUoL.jpg

Totally not war crimes. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Hatch said:

The AI-Heli evac works incredibly smoothly, very nice system. 

Also, we 'interrogated' some terrorist sympathisers earlier:

XQx2Nvo.jpg

fnEUUoL.jpg

Haha Hatch = Polpot...

Well, I've been working on the persistence problems so very soon it will actually matter what you do...

The civs will react to how they are treated and this will carry over restart.

I've found a script that lets me save the ALiVE data to Rolle's server instead of the War-room thing.

It doesn't save everything but it will save unit locations and the battlefield state (the progress of the factions in take and hold)

It won't save vehicles or other objects but most of that is dealt with in the garage or loadouts.

I've got it working on my own server so far, so it should run on the main server fine.

I've also fixed the player markers and completely removed stamina again.

2 hours ago, Hamakaze said:

I've got an idea about the lack of IEDs and it's cause.

The AI needs time to properly populate the area with IEDs if you're using alive so when the server crashes and the mission gets reset so does the AIs thinking process and preparations thus causing the lack of IEDs placed by alive.

Hopefully that should be fixed with this persistence work-around... If it is indeed the problem.

THE UPDATE MENTIONED ABOVE HAS NOW GONE LIVE!

STAMINA & LOCATION FIX

AND PERSISTENCE WORKAROUND

I'm not sure where to put this, but I guess I'll leave it here. For the prices of all the vehicles, as I hope somebody else has noticed before me, it lists the vehicles addon installation path instead of an actual numerical value. Not a game changing I can't play this anymore omgwtfbbq, but, its a thing. Sorry if there's a forum for this, I didn't see it.

3 hours ago, Wrecker said:

I'm not sure where to put this, but I guess I'll leave it here. For the prices of all the vehicles, as I hope somebody else has noticed before me, it lists the vehicles addon installation path instead of an actual numerical value. Not a game changing I can't play this anymore omgwtfbbq, but, its a thing. Sorry if there's a forum for this, I didn't see it.

Yeah, I didn't write the stuff for the actual garage script... I don't know why it links to that... Even if it's genuine BI vehicles it still wouldn't return any wanted value??

I guess it's just sloppy coding. I'll get round to fixing it at some point.

Until then:

Civ vehs = 20000

mil vehs = 50000

helis = 100000 - 150000

Suggested this to you Sauce last time but found a vid for it.

Yeah, there's some cool stuff in there.

Some of it we already have so it's not needed but the extra interaction, animals and enemies in civ vehicles is cool.

It is *another* mod tho...

I'll fire it on my server at some point and check it out.

One of the interesting things with blackspiders addons is that you can set it so players can disguise themselves as Civs for Recon/ Specops purposes

So, I think i got IEDs working. @Sauce I put down a TAOR on the map and put marker in the section for the IED. Note that it is not synced with anything as that may be why it was not working. I put a circle called "Marker 14" covering the whole map and changed some options as seen below. 

182e5e43ea.jpg

These are the option i used in the old file you gave me some time ago. I also put the ACE_IED classed in all of them as well.  You may wish to remove the black list item called "TAK" so IEDs can spawn in the TAOR for the military. 

Now loading in and enabling debug, look at the map with the markers on them:

6bad0c49ce.jpg

Notice the red dots of death.

Ouchie:

3db7be3ef0.jpg

Hopefully this will solve the ied issue and will change the flow of gameplay. 

Also for suicide bombers maybe we need to find another class name to use to see if it works?

Edited by Owen

NIce to see you tested that they went boom :P

1 hour ago, Owen said:

So, I think i got IEDs working. @Sauce I put down a TAOR on the map and put marker in the section for the IED. Note that it is not synced with anything as that may be why it was not working. I put a circle called "Marker 14" covering the whole map and changed some options as seen below. 

182e5e43ea.jpg

These are the option i used in the old file you gave me some time ago. I also put the ACE_IED classed in all of them as well.  You may wish to remove the black list item called "TAK" so IEDs can spawn in the TAOR for the military. 

Now loading in and enabling debug, look at the map with the markers on them:

6bad0c49ce.jpg

Notice the red dots of death.

Ouchie:

3db7be3ef0.jpg

Hopefully this will solve the ied issue and will change the flow of gameplay. 

Also for suicide bombers maybe we need to find another class name to use to see if it works?

Doing it this way is just spawning them in though. That's how I had it set up first. That was before changing them to ACE tho. I guess that fixed it?

If you look at the IEDs wiki on the ALiVE thing, it tells you to sync the IED module with the asymmetric commander to have insurgent units place the bombs.

Nice catch, the IEDs were blacklisted from the Taki military base (TAK) but I didn't change the marker name when I made their area bigger. (they should still appear on the north side of the map atm tho.

I'll change it back to spawning to see if that works. It would be nice if it actually worked, spawning is fine I guess but...

I've yet to really look into it, I don't think it needs a TAOR if it's synced to a commander, that's how I have it at the moment. I'll mess around with it and get it working.

I've obviously not got everything set up correctly.

Edited by Sauce