Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:54

Sign in to follow this  
Theseus

Invisible Zombies

Theseus    3

I know these are a thing that people are aware of in DayZ however, from what ive figured out they are due to high server stress and the zombies fall under the ground. No matter where you go they seem to hit you, I was in Tisy and climbed to the top of the watchtower and I was getting blocked and hit until I died. Before I did that I ran into the underground base and I was still getting hit. You cant outrun them, you cant hit them, you cant see them and you cant damage them. Any help on how to deal with them?

The best thing to do when there is invisible zombies is to come into the Helpdesk and inform a member of staff. We then will restart the server removing the invisible zombies.

Erik    100

What tends to happen is that a zombie you shot doesn't register as being dead on the server side, so you get a zombie detatched from its hit box and body. Simply shoot the body of the zombie again and the invisible zombie disappears, it's just a matter of figuring out which dead zombie to shoot.

Theseus    3
4 minutes ago, Bran said:

The best thing to do when there is invisible zombies is to come into the Helpdesk and inform a member of staff. We then will restart the server removing the invisible zombies.

Thanks I will do, shame I got stuck in the tower and lost my gear. Its just gonna be difficult doing that without getting killed or knocked out by them

4 hours ago, bcarterames said:

I try and run into a room and close the door so it can't follow.

Honestly the best fix. Not too hard to do and it keeps them from fucking over anyone else. Unless they go in that house.

I usually run away until I lose them or just run in a building and run out the back way if there is one.

General    10

I hate sonic zombies the most. They agro from really far then skrt skrt over to you like sonic in a matter of seconds

just start spraying in every direction you're bound to hit it at least once

Theseus    3
6 hours ago, Gatorr said:

just start spraying in every direction you're bound to hit it at least once

That doesn't work as when they are invisible they dont have a hitbox

The Marshal    351

Invisible zombies are a glitch caused by server lag when a zombie is killed during a spike, and the server does not register the zombie as dead, but all the clients do. So the physical form of the zed dies, but it's logic frame is invisibly beating the shit out of everything. The best fix for this(And the only one) is to find the zombie killed recently that is still making noise and re-kill it, it will kill the logic frame and end your invisible torture.

I haven't ran into any invisible zombies but if you do just try and out run them I think that will work or try and shot to see if there is still a hitbox there because the game is seeing that the zombie is still there so there has to be a hitbox right? But with your situation you should try and logg or ask a member of staff to restart the sever do you can see them again. 

Chewy    561

In the event of an invisible zombie you should go back to the corpses of said zombies and listen to them (obviously move because the invis zombie is still chasing you.) You're gonna hear aggro sounds from said zombie on it's corpse- hit it/shoot it and it should be done with. Weird bug but that's the main fix to it.

Not sure if this has been said but if you run into a invis zombie just go back to the zombies you have killed and hit them over and over and the invis zombie will go away

RAWB3RY    1

Whenever i stumble across one i mostly just run into different buildings for a couple of minutes and theyre mostly gon after that

I had invisible zombie on me north of cherno and I was travelling with @Austin and he said shoot the last zombie you killed or was killed to get rid of it and I was running up and down the street and shot the dead zombie and I heard shot right behind me and I wasn't getting attacked anymore from the invisible zombie.

So just shoot the last zombie that was killed in the head and job done!

Mexi    1035

Something to do due to staff needing multiple reports of invisible zombies is attempt to bait it into a house, shed or garage close it in to prevent it wreaking havoc on the population and then as stated above by multiple people go to the helpdesk and inform staff. Also attempt steps said above.

Zilly    52

I locked like three of them in the fire station at NWAF a couple days ago. Sadly I didnt realize what I had done until after I had logged out later...I probably doomed somebody, which really sucks.

So if someone opened that particular fire station and suddenly got their shit pushed in, im so very sorry.

PurifieR    17

The best thing to do is to run in to a building with two exits, let him in, close the door and then run to the other side (or door to outside) and close it behind you, it will be trapped there forevah (or until someone opens the door)

Glad to know that there is more than one way to deal with them.