Server time: 2017-08-21, 14:03

Sign in to follow this  
xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx

LiF Status Report 02/02/17

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    752

Greetings,

It’s been just over a month since our last status report, we’ve been working on ironing out the last creases and making sure everything is ready for launch although a little overdue we appreciate your patience, as of now the server is up and ready to use.

• Lore [Completed]
  • New spawn town/ RP hub [Completed]
  • Revised rule set [Completed]
  • Separate whitelist  [Postponed for now]

Now that the server is ready we have decided to up the XP rate from 5x to 10x for the first week so that there is less of a grind for you, as of right now there is no password on the server. If you have any ideas for events or things you would like to see in the future please feel free to suggest them. Also a new patch for LiF has been released today you can find the patch notes here if you're interested.

Edited by Randle

Its good to see that the server is almost ready to be released. I know some people have been waiting a while for it to reopen

Duelly    4

Excellent news! I can't wait to get home this evening and dive right in again! I know there's been a lot of setbacks and pressure from the community (which is actually a good thing, considering the inactivity at the end of our last endeavor's lifespan!) 

so thanks to all of you for all of the hard work and putting up with our constant nagging! I hope to be more involved in the community this time around, now that I've had a solid amount of time learning the game mechanics and finding what I enjoy doing in the game!

TLDR; Huzzah! 

Volke    132
2 hours ago, Bran said:

Its good to see that the server is almost ready to be released. I know some people have been waiting a while for it to reopen

Ummm...    as of now the server is up and ready to use.

It's already up lol

Sgttater    33
3 hours ago, Randle said:

Greetings,

It’s been just over a month since our last status report, we’ve been working on ironing out the last creases and making sure everything is ready for launch although a little overdue we appreciate your patience, as of now the server is up and ready to use.

• Lore [Completed]
  • New spawn town/ RP hub [Completed]
  • Revised rule set [Completed]
  • Separate whitelist  [Postponed for now]

Now that the server is ready we have decided to up the XP rate from 5x to 10x for the first week so that there is less of a grind for you, as of right now there is no password on the server. If you have any ideas for events or things you would like to see in the future please feel free to suggest them. Also a new patch for LiF has been released today you can find the patch notes here if you're interested.

- User was warned for this comment -

You put the 10 xp for stat gain and not Skill. Please fix because it's horrible. 

Volke    132
51 minutes ago, Sgttater said:

You put the 10 xp for stat gain and not Skill. Please fix because it's horrible. 

You'll need to speak with @Rolleabout that.  We don't have access to that.  

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    752
51 minutes ago, Sgttater said:

Alright it will be sorted tomorrow when Rolle gets on in the future could you not openly flame us because you're getting a little bit angry over a video game.

Sgttater    33
41 minutes ago, Randle said:

Alright it will be sorted tomorrow when Rolle gets on in the future could you not openly flame us because you're getting a little bit angry over a video game.

Oh no I'm not angry. 

Edit: I'm sorry that's a trigger word. 

Edited by Sgttater

1 hour ago, Volke said:

Ummm...    as of now the server is up and ready to use.

It's already up lol

shh I only looked at the checklist :)

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    752
4 minutes ago, TheMatt924 said:

That's great news! Looking forward to the xp gain increase. Thanks LiF Team

That's on a slight hold for now as Rolle seems to have put 10x on stat rather than skill but it should be sorted tomorrow.

Thanks for the support Skinner.

The Marshal    351

As much as I'm sure people appreciate the boost in skill and stat, I won't be joining in on LiF again. I myself and several others made it pretty clear we didn't want our characters wiped, and I had over 230 hours on my one character. LiF is dead for me, I'm not grinding that out again, not a chance. Those chances were ruined with my char wipe.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    752
12 minutes ago, The Marshal said:

As much as I'm sure people appreciate the boost in skill and stat, I won't be joining in on LiF again. I myself and several others made it pretty clear we didn't want our characters wiped, and I had over 230 hours on my one character. LiF is dead for me, I'm not grinding that out again, not a chance. Those chances were ruined with my char wipe.

Whilst you may have made it clear you didn't want them wiped it wasn't really possible for us to transfer them over so there wasn't much we could do about that.

The Marshal    351

Then there's not much I can do about continuing to support the project.

Sgttater    33
4 minutes ago, The Marshal said:

Then there's not much I can do about continuing to support the project.

You can live with me. 

The Marshal    351
8 hours ago, Sgttater said:

You can live with me. 

And be involved in a 3 hour siege? No thanks

On 2/3/2017 at 5:04 PM, Randle said:

Whilst you may have made it clear you didn't want them wiped it wasn't really possible for us to transfer them over so there wasn't much we could do about that.

Actually its totally possible to transfer over the characters; thats the luxury of having access to a fairly indepth database that logs all the stats and attributes in a fairly easy to access way. All you had to do was simply transfer over the accounts table, and characters table, I guess that was just too much work doe.

Autumn    121
12 hours ago, Roger said:

Actually its totally possible to transfer over the characters; thats the luxury of having access to a fairly indepth database that logs all the stats and attributes in a fairly easy to access way. All you had to do was simply transfer over the accounts table, and characters table, I guess that was just too much work doe.

It isn't as simple as you make it sound. However, allow me to explain. In migrating bits and pieces of the server you run the risk of introducing bugs that weren't there prior. Whilst we were unable to do it due to some complexities and server migration as a whole. Doing so would, in the short run, hurt the server's longevity and ultimately force us to wipe, again, sooner this time.

50 minutes ago, Autumn said:

It isn't as simple as you make it sound. However, allow me to explain. In migrating bits and pieces of the server you run the risk of introducing bugs that weren't there prior. Whilst we were unable to do it due to some complexities and server migration as a whole. Doing so would, in the short run, hurt the server's longevity and ultimately force us to wipe, again, sooner this time.

Your not migrating bits and pieces; this isn't like your moving individual characters. The problem is easily handled by migrating the full tables which are independent of most other database tables.

Autumn    121
1 hour ago, Roger said:

Your not migrating bits and pieces; this isn't like your moving individual characters. The problem is easily handled by migrating the full tables which are independent of most other database tables.

In migrating characters you have to also migrate stats, inventories and things of similar ilk. However, this isn't something that is up for discussion seeing as the server was already wiped.

Skinner    440
1 minute ago, Autumn said:

In migrating characters you have to also migrate stats, inventories and things of similar ilk. However, this isn't something that is up for discussion seeing as the server was already wiped.

The sad thing I see is, as I predicted, people like me who voted against the wipe are discouraged, I've at least logged in a couple times and tried to get my character going again. On the other hand, the 30+ people who voted in favor of the wipe are nowhere to be seen. Why did they vote to wipe it and then disappear when they got their wish? It sucks.

Autumn    121
Just now, TheMatt924 said:

The sad thing I see is, as I predicted, people like me who voted against the wipe are discouraged, I've at least logged in a couple times and tried to get my character going again. On the other hand, the 30+ people who voted in favor of the wipe are nowhere to be seen. Why did they vote to wipe it and then disappear when they got their wish? It sucks.

We left everything up to community discision when it came to the server and what into it. We didn't make these discisions haphazardly, we allowed the community to speak for what they wanted. However, as for where they are... You could ask the same about the many people who are supposed to be on DayZRP

1 hour ago, Autumn said:

Stats and attributes are on the same table; and inventories are separate entirely and do not need to be migrated over (As they are coded similar to chests in the database). When I was on the original LiF team, all I did was handle database related things; so I know what Im talking about here.

Autumn    121
13 hours ago, Roger said:

Stats and attributes are on the same table; and inventories are separate entirely and do not need to be migrated over (As they are coded similar to chests in the database). When I was on the original LiF team, all I did was handle database related things; so I know what Im talking about here.

Whilst you make your point valid, it will not bring the characters, stats or inventories of the characters back. We also no longer have access to the files of the server or the reset button. Our presence is in-game and on the forums and are no longer able to tamper, alter or view these files and or databases.

Sign in to follow this