Server time: 2017-10-20, 21:51
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Karolis

The custom title above avatars.

Question

Karolis    0

I'm talking about the title above the avatar it was like "Bear Grylls" or a custom one.  Why we don't have them anymore? Could we have them back? I might've missed the reason since I'm not active on forums so much anymore so I'm always late to the party.

22 answers to this question

Castiel    1124

New website doesn't allow the feature. They were removed before we switched to the IP board so we could all get used to not having them.

Shark    0

Tbh, I'd like to see it back. If Rolle can work his voodoo magic to get these changing color names, surely something could be sorted eventually to add some small text above my avatar.

Shame they had to go. So young.

WilliAM    431

I liked them when they were a thing, but like others said, they were taken out a couple of weeks before the new website. I'm not entirely sure if it's possible with the new website.

Beni    867

Yeah I liked these to, I want them back, however as people have said the new website dose not allow it 

@Rolle anyway you could possibly bring these back? 

Vapor    0

I would love to see them come back, then people can wear their awards again. I miss seeing all the stars above everyone's avatar that got an award. 

Pls

Castiel    1124
13 minutes ago, Vapor said:

I would love to see them come back, then people can wear their awards again. I miss seeing all the stars above everyone's avatar that got an award. 

Pls

Yeah I want my stars. :(

14 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I want them back sooo bad. 

Yeah they was great

Most ez way to low-key flame kiddo's

46 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Yeah they was great

That's mostly the reason I don't miss them. A lot of members like salty dishes and they just pour the thing everywhere they can, sadly. I think we really don't need another place for the ocean to flow, thanks.

Edited by SomeWeirdAssGuy

Sofie    0

I would love to have them back! I can't help but notice that you aren't using your maximum avatar size, though. You can probably fit some text in over the image.

Castiel    1124
13 hours ago, Kevin said:

Yeah they was great

Great incentive for Rolle to re-implement them, good job. This was the only bad thing about them.

Rolle    2955
13 hours ago, Kevin said:

Yeah they was great

Precisely the reason they're disabled :)

Mamba    0
30 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Precisely the reason they're disabled :)

I understand the reason, but...Mature gaming community? I'm struggling to even  grasp what's left for the staff team to do besides whitelists and reports, which are GM work. Wasn't the Moderators job to moderate? Yes it can be abused , yes it will be abused , yes people will be punished for it. There are also people who won't , so essentially they are being punished for things that they did not contribute to.

Side note , wasn't that a premium perk at one point?

I just feel a lot of the things that made this community unique are being stripped away due to the actions of a few people. First the meme thread , then the user titles . I get that it's easier for the staff to manage , but there is a whole staff position dedicated to managing it.

And no, not just trying to bitch about it. It's a genuine response.

Rolle    2955
Just now, Mamba said:

I understand the reason, but...Mature gaming community? I'm struggling to even  grasp what's left for the staff team to do besides whitelists and reports, which are GM work. Wasn't the Moderators job to moderate? Yes it can be abused , yes it will be abused , yes people will be punished for it. There are also people who won't , so essentially they are being punished for things that they did not contribute to.

Side note , wasn't that a premium perk at one point?

I just feel a lot of the things that made this community unique are being stripped away due to the actions of a few people. First the meme thread , then the user titles . I get that it's easier for the staff to manage , but there is a whole staff position dedicated to managing it.

And no, not just trying to bitch about it. It's a genuine response.

Yeah, but there's only that many moderators and several hundred users on the website every day :) It's not like this feature was contributing in any way positive way to the forums, it was just something extra to have. So why would we re-enable it and give ourselves more work if it doesn't have any positive effect on the community, quite the opposite in fact with all low-key flaming, salty messages, people using icons instead of normal text, imitating awards etc. If it was some really nice or useful feature that positively contributed or made the community more attractive to newcomers then sure, we'd recruit more moderators just to be able to moderate it effectively. But it isn't, soo... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Valkerion    0
1 minute ago, Rolle said:

So why would we re-enable it

Premium features = Money

Pretty simple really I mean look at the amount of people that paid for bigger avatars

Rolle    2955
2 minutes ago, Valkerion said:

Premium features = Money

Pretty simple really I mean look at the amount of people that paid for bigger avatars

Crazy, right? I'm in huge personal debt because I'm selling virtual pixels on a website on the Internet :D

I don't think titles are nearly as attractive as the avatar thingy tho... Unless I make them colored as well. Hmmm... SPARKLES!

JimRP    172
13 hours ago, Sofie said:

I would love to have them back! I can't help but notice that you aren't using your maximum avatar size, though. You can probably fit some text in over the image.

If you really want them you could do as Sofie said and write some text on the bottom of your avatar to make it look like that.

Valkerion    0
39 minutes ago, Rolle said:

I don't think titles are nearly as attractive as the avatar thingy tho... Unless I make them colored as well. Hmmm... SPARKLES!

Depends how high or how low you put them on the premium list really.

Toska    0

I'd personally love to see it back. Premium ranks could use a buff in terms of what they offer. Add a none-special effect title to a mid-tier donation rank, and sparkles/fo'shizzle to high tier.

Randle    931

Yeah I really miss the ability to put shitty inside jokes and flames under my name.

Vapor    0

So... HoFers and Tycoons only!? Would be an awesome premium perk, need to state my feelings in my title.