Server time: 2017-10-23, 15:22
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Jade

Staff Feedback: Jade

Jade    219

Hello!

Feel free to leave me some feedback, I may not respond to everything so if you want me to respond to you asap just @me.

I'm open to everything you guys have to say and if you think I've done something wrong please tell me, but just make sure to use the template below and follow the rules on the thread.

:) 

Rules:

Spoiler

Staff feedback rules

1. Community members may only post in feedback threads using the template below.
  2. All feedback and criticism should be constructive. No rants or pats on the back.
  3. Staff members may reply freely to feedback within their own thread.
  4. Posts not adhering to above rules will result in 5 warning points per post.

Template:

Spoiler

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Gatorr    0

Link to the situation: N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: I think you need to have a long thought about what you feel is worthy of points and what isn't. I remember a while back I had a very nice discussion thread that was going well, until a former staff member started flaming me and my friends out of nowhere for something completely unrelated to the topic, completely derailing the thread a forcing the staff to close it. I remember YOU specifically, being in the help desk with me, agreeing it was uncalled for, but you told me you didn't feel it was worthy of points. But I post a very kind staff feedback because I felt they were doing a good job and wanted to encourage them, and you feel  THAT is worthy of points? Please explain your reasoning behind this. I understand technically what I did was against the rules, but so is flaming and derailing threads. Is it bias towards friends? I may never know or understand but what you need to get out of this is to realize the inconsistencies that are incredibly obvious and fix them. I am not pleased at all from what I've seen from you so far

Suggestions for improvement: enforce rules that actually need to be enforced, dont pick and choose between people you like and dont like when you give points. If someone is not a repeat offender and has good intentions and didn't hurt anything, just snip it and tell them what they did wrong so they can fix it. 

Jade    219

@Gatorr While I understand that your feedback towards Will was indeed kind we cannot excuse one person from the rules placed on the staff feedback thread, as seen here:

973ea604ac2b5c1117db71f2c2910735.png

Others who have posted pats on the backs have received points as well and it would not be fair to them if you were to not get points for doing the same exact thing. If I were not the one to write out the points another Mod would have. There are no exceptions (besides the grace period we had when the feedback threads came back).  

When a post is reported it does not automatically receive points it is discussed by the staff members currently awake and present, it is not one staff members decision, unless no one else is available at the time. However, I understand where you are coming from when flaming is involved. I will explain a bit; if someone I am close friends with is flaming a thread or breaking a rule on a thread I am not allowed to be involved with the discussion, and anything I say on the subject will not be taken into consideration. This is to avoid personal bias. Giving points isn't just my decision it is the teams decision as a whole, but it is my job to write the points and I can only write points I agree with. 

If you have any questions or wish to continue this discussion please PM me as I do not want you to get anymore points. 

Alexis    85

Feedback: My personal experience with Jade was one of the best experiences with dayzrp staff here that I have ever had. She helped me through my entire ban appeal, and held a nice convo with me while I was figuring it out! She offered to help with everything she could and for that I give her props! 

Suggestions for improvement: Not a thing, Keep doing you!

Note from staff: This post has been reviewed several times from staff and we have judged it to be constructive.

Poppy    378
Posted (edited)

Feedback: Jade. Almost always in TS and is one of the people who is actively in the Helpdesk. I always get 
anwerers there. However I feel that you could be even more active on the forums not only for staff work and 
updates, but in general. (with the old system
you would not even be able to be staff, as it recuired a minimum of 300 posts)  I also think that as a GM you should get in game more.

Suggestions for improvement: Be more active on general forums. Actually go in game and RP. 

Edited by Babyface

LoneStarrr    84

Link to the situation

Feedback: First off, I know you were not the only staff member involved in this verdict, however, seeing as you posted the verdict I feel that this is the right place to leave the feedback that I have. This is mostly going to be more overall feedback for the report.

Alright, so looking at the report we see that the OP relogs after getting the black face bug. Upon logging back in, he gets hit the head with a shovel and killed. Logs are pulled and then the accused's identity is found and he is called in. The accused then comes in and completely admits his mistake. He said he was simply killing zombies and mistook the OP for one as it was night and the OP was dressed quite plainly. Now, this user, the accused was very new, joining only on Thursday, the 21st. This was most likely his very first experience on the server and he happened to make a mistake, but came completely clean and apologized. 

Now, an hour after accused coming clean and apologizing he is hit with a verdict which bans him for 7 days and revokes his whitelist, simply for mistaking someone for a zombie, which is something that is quite easy to do actually especially at nighttime. Seeing as this member was so new, he will now most likely see the community as not worth his effort and he will not return, at least this is the case for most people this happens to. 

So, lets take a look at what could've been done differently. Perhaps, instead of going straight to a verdict, a staff member could have instead asked the OP how they wished to proceed with the report. This is something I've seen done many times in the past but is something that seems to have been abandoned as of recent. Most people though, seeing that the accused made an honest mistake, would drop the report. Since the accused came completely clean and apologized, there is little-to-no reason to ban him for a mistake as simple as that, especially for 7 days. Looking at the circumstances as well (nightime, similar clothing, OP standing still), they could be considered extenuating along with the fact that he apologized.

If you take a look at my only IG punishment, the situation was similar to this. I KOSed someone after a very intense firefight, mistaking him for an enemy due to his clothing. I was new, I came in, I fessed up immediately, and I apologized. Due to all of this I was given a reduced punishment (keep in mind that this was 2013). This is also something that I could see as much better for the report stated, that is if the OP wanted to proceed with the report. 

Overall, I feel that the situation could've been handled much better by the staff team working on the verdict. There is no need for such a harsh punishment because of an honest mistake, which someone apologized for. These are the kinds of things that drive newcomers away from the community constantly. That is not something that this community needs, we need more people and this is nothing but counter productive. If it is blatant, by all means, give em all you've got, but an honest mistake is a different story. 

Suggestions for improvement: See last 3 paragraphs above. 

Jade    219

@LoneStarrr I can only speak for myself here. I'll be honest with you, asking if the OP wanted to close the report never crossed my mind at the time. It's something I'll definitely have in mind the next time a similar report pops up. But please be aware though that sometimes depending on the severity of the case and the rule break at hand normal punishment may still be given out, newcomer or not.

Sorry for getting back to you late, if you have any questions of wish to discuss this further please PM me.

Hebee    2683

Link to the situation: in game activity

Any supporting evidence or notes: 75e61a80741ddc2ee23d69972af990f1.png

Feedback: Your in game activity is fantastic for a staff member, this is exactly the sort of in game participation that this community needs from a staff member.Just make sure to balance your in game time and out of game staff activity time, do not let either fall!

Suggestions for improvement: N/a as this is good feedback

Dusty    1597
Posted (edited)

Link to the situationhttp://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/83392-invalid-execution-s1-green-moutain/#comment-1534231

Feedback: In the report linked above, the OP was accused of blackmail, and the people accusing him of it stated that they had video evidence. No video was ever posted on the report which leads me to believe that staff did not ask for or receive the video, and decided to write the verdict without the video. If the video was not provided to staff yet, then a staff member should have asked for the video from the people claiming to have it before proceeding with the verdict. 

If the video was in fact given to staff, it clearly did not happen on the report itself, which is a big no-no. As it states in the report posting rules:

Video evidence! Photo or video evidence is required to be provided as soon as possible. Videos are required to be unedited and posted publicly on the thread. Videos uploaded to YouTube must be set as not listed. Staff will not accept evidence via private messages.

So, either the team that handled the report wrote the verdict without collecting all evidence, or they accepted evidence through means that were not public, which as shown above, is not following procedure.

My second part of feedback is this: Again, the OP was accused of blackmail. He was accused of saying "If you don't give me my gear, I'm going to put up a report". The OP admitted to this rulebreak as well. However, because he apologized, he only received 10 warning points that last 2 months. Pretty much a nice, light slap on the wrist, all because he apologized once he realized he was in deep shit. I don't think that's right. Just because he apologized once he realized what he was doing was against the rules, that doesn't mean he shouldn't receive a full punishment or even a very slightly reduced punishment. He was just fine with the things he was saying before he was told it was a rulebreak. He shouldn't receive any leniency just because he tried to cover his tracks.

As can be seen in a very similar report linked here, the OP demanded that the person that killed him give him his SVD or else he would put up a report. The OP was then permabanned for the offense. If blackmail is an example of "actions that... is not something we ever want to see", then how does the punishment of 10 warning points for 2 months make any sense at all? Blackmail for the most part, especially in situations similar to the one in the report by Galaxy, has always been a permabannable offense. Blackmail is something that is never tolerated here, at least when it's aggressive or malicious. It's clear that in this case, the blackmail had very malicious intent. He only apologized when he was told that blackmail was against the rules. Based on that and everything else I've mentioned above, I don't think leniency makes sense in this situation.

I am not trying to get someone banned, I am only trying to make sure precedent is followed and that the staff team remains consistent in their rulings.

Suggestions for improvement: If video was not received, then my suggestion for improvement is for staff to more thoroughly look through all of the posts on the thread to make sure nothing is missed. It was very clearly stated that there was video evidence of the blackmail in second paragraph of this post

If video was received outside of the report, then I suggest staff focus on remaining alert on what is and what isn't against the report rules.

Regarding the leniency, I would suggest comparing it to other similar situations, like the report I linked in the second paragraph of my second feedback.

Edited by Dusty

Jade    219

@Dusty It was our mistake for not pushing to get the video evidence. There was no video given to any staff member at the time either, but that only goes to show we should have asked further. Even though the report is closed we will still be receiving said video and from there will be deciding if harsher punishment is required. 

Ramon    360
Posted (edited)

Link to the situation: Jade's Content count/Post History

Any supporting evidence or notes: Character page Jade / RIP Media thread Amelia Mercer / Group page Nový Svět 

I see that you are active with reports & ban appeals and I am pleased to see that.
Your verdicts are looking very good. Your time in The Helpdesk is also good.
So on that part you are doing fine!

You received from @Babyface feedback on the 16e of March about your activity on the forums. You didn't replied to him, but I do think you have read it.
That is now more than 6 weeks ago and I counted your posts since that date. This is a plus/minus of your post count:
Questions section: 8
General topics: 8
Reports/ban appeals: 93
Radio chatter: 1

Since that date you made only around 8 posts on the forum on the discussion/suggestion and other on-topic threads.
That is pretty low for a GM in my opinion. You have no even 500 posts and for a staff member ( A GM ) that is very very low.
If I am not mistaken you joined around September last year and I am not sure if you joined when you had 200 or 300 posts.
But if you count back from September till now you made around 220 posts in that time. That also includes posts that you made as a CH and Moderator.

Now to the second part of the feedback.
I like to know if you are playing with a permed character.
Seeing the backstory/lore of the group where you are a member:

Spoiler

'' Stability was slowly returning, life was beginning to show promise again. The family was out actively seeking others who were like themselves, people they could trust and form bonds with. They’d thought they’d found such a place in an educational institution but theirs hopes were quickly dashed and their hearts nearly crushed when the family suffered two losses due to the trust placed in the institution. The brother and sister they’d gathered to the family on their last visit to Green Mountain, Leeway and Amelia Mercer had been murdered. Murdered by a man whom those at the institution knew well.

Marshal took the death of Amelia extremely hard, she’d been considered a daughter to Chief and Nyleea, she was the youngest of the family. She’d been spirited away while under his care. He’d searched hard and long for her when she went missing only to arrive moments too late. She was gone. He didn’t have any idea of how to break the news to Chief.

Family members began to return slowly, those who’d gone to seek answers of their own soon came back with some, each returning family member was welcomed back with warmth and joy at their reunion. Slowly things were beginning to come together again. This calm, though, was short lived. News of Amy’s death was given to Chief, his fragile grip shattered and soon it was decided for the best that Marshaltake over the day to day needs of the family.

Chief eventually was taken away from the others by Nyleea, to give him peace and time to slowly recover. Marshal would now step in and lead the others, the task did not sit easy with him. He lived constantly with the guilt that Amy had disappeared while under his protection. He felt he’d let the man he’d called brother down by not protecting someone who’d been very precious to him. ''

I highlighted some of the areas where you can see the name(s) of your character.
Now for me, it's hard to understand that you are still playing on your character Amelia Mercer while I also see in the groups lore that she is dead. And you are playing with that character in that same group right now.
Also you made a video of what looks like the dead of Amelia Mercer with the title: R.I.P Amelia Mercer and the title of the video '' The End ''
Now to me, it looks like you permed her. Maybe I am wrong but then edit the lore of the group and maybe delete that video.
Let me remind you the permadeath rule.

Rule 10.3 Permanent killing a character (aka "permadeath") is a decision that is taken only by the character owner. Permadeath is final, once a character is declared as killed by the owner it may not be used ever again.

Suggestions for improvement:

Get more involved in discussions/suggestions and other on-topic threads on the forum.
Stop playing with your character Amelia Mercer or let the OP of Nový Svět know that he needs to edit his Lore page and maybe delete that video/media thread. Keep your GM activity how it is right now.

Edited by Ramon

Jade    219

@Ramon Thanks for the feedback. You are very right in saying I'm not too active on the general forums :( It's not something I check often or feel the need to post in if a conversation doesn't catch my eye. I'll try to be more active in it and see if I can toss some new ideas in suggestion threads or throw out some ideas on general topics. It might take me a little bit to get into the habit of responding in those types of threads though but I'll definitely try to pick up the activity. 

Onto the second part of your feedback, I thought we had already talked about it before but I'll mention it again. Amelia at one point was perm'd which is what this thread was in tribute to. However after a couple months, around the death of my second character, I talked with Darion (guy who perm'd me) over TS and we both were like "Let's bring Amy back we miss her." So we devised a plan to bring her back which lead to this radio chatter. Rule 10.3 wasn't a thing yet as it was introduced and enforced around the time the new website came around which wasn't until November if I'm not mistaken. Had Amy still been perm'd around November/December of last year I would not have brought her back.

The Nový Svět lore is just a background on what had happened up until recently and during the time frame of the lore written Amy was still "dead". It's not so much an error or claim that she's still dead it's more of "The story so far..".  I don't know I don't think it's too much of a problem but I'll bring it up with Chief again.

Poppy    378
Posted (edited)

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: This thread

Feedback: About two months ago, I posted feedback in this very thread, which I still have not gotten any response too. This was pointed out by @Ramon and still no response, which I can partly understand since it is old by now, but he states just as I did, that you are not very active on the forums, which I claimed two months ago. You respond today, agreeing with this. I wounder if my feedback was ever taken into consideration? 

I see that your in game activity has picked up, which is good.

Suggestions for improvement: Be more active on the forums. Respond to feedback.

Edit: Spoken to Jade on TS now. Thanks.

Edited by Babyface

Jade    219

@Babyface I did see and read through your feedback, but I wasn't under the impression you wanted a response. I thought it would've been something you would have spoken to me in TS about. That is my mistake, but always know you can come talk to me in TS about this stuff too ;) that goes for everyone else who posts feedback.

OnionRingOfDoom    96

Link to the situation: Not Applicable due to TS Voice Chat

Any supporting evidence or notes: Not Applicable due to TS Voice Chat

Feedback: Provided insightful knowledge to a newcomer. She demonstrated great patience and understanding. Promptly resolved my queries in a professional manner.

Suggestions for improvement: You keep doing you! Good job!