Server time: 2017-10-22, 10:16
Safe Zone: OPEN

Aiko

Staff Feedback: Aiko

Aiko    649

637e856f9c.png

Hello! Welcome to my Feedback Thread!

Here is where you leave me some good or bad feedback. I do not mind responding to feedback, as long as its constructive and mature feedback.

Please follow the template below!

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help 
demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Enjoy!

giphy.gif

Toska    0

Link to the situation: N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes:

proof of channel existence:
9598c0a1ad.png

1a6db178f6.png

proof of it being actively used:

317ca59f4e.png

I’ve been watching this particular conundrum for a couple days now. It appears to have become a habit for you, Aiko, to create a locked and hidden channel to hang out in. There has been a separate thread before about a situation where a communication attempt via teamspeak (a poke) led to the channel being hidden by you. The situation was addressed
before in a separate thread. (can’t find it right now, but it wasn’t too long ago)

EDIT: here.

I was expecting this issue to be cleared up with that, but apparently it hasn’t.

Suggestions for improvement:

Please, do not use user created hidden channels to just chill out with friends, especially if there’s a lack of admins on the TS. If you’re doing staff work and really don’t want to be bothered/interrupted, please use one of the already existing staff channels. It's literally impossible to contact you directly for community members if you're in a hidden channel. Not even by checking the TS logs and right clicking on your name. It show's you're online, but does not give the option to poke/open a chat window.

Thanks for reading.

Aiko    649

@Fox you are not the only one who has brought this up. What you linked was a different situation completely, when I was in a game playing and someone messaged me and I had no way of knowing. I wasn't poked, and messages are not heard easily while playing games. After I had found out I was responding to the community member and trying to help him at the same time trying to find a place to stop playing my game. But keep in mind I am at that moment I am taking a break and other things. Trying to relax. I would think community members would understand that every so often a break is needed, or you get worn out.

That being said, I get that I can still put do not disturb on rooms as well. Yet that doesn't seem to hold people off of poking me just for the "kek" of poking me when I am in a none poke status. I have a time where I enjoy to be left alone for a while, to relax unbothered. At the same time, a staff member can see me in this channel and if it's an emergency they know they can get hold of me.

Though, this seems to have upset you and others so now I will go to another TS if that is such a problem. Just means I will be harder to get hold of if I am really needed in the future. If you wish to discuss this more along with anyone. You can message me, but I find this to be a fine solution as any.

Bradley    0

Link to the situation: N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: Hello @Aiko Now you might know what this feedback is going to be about but I will just get into and not beat around the bush. I messaged you (PM) 2 times in the last 2 days or so, I don't really remember, and with the first one it took an hour or so to reply and I understand that you are in Staff and the highest rank of them all and you will be really busy with work and real life on top of that so that time period was understandable. Now I get into the second PM where I asked you another question and I thought hey she never took long on the first one so she wouldn't know but I was wrong. I sent the PM and I waited up to 5 hours until logged back on to the website and check the time on the PM I sent you and see if you read it or not and you did, Again I thought you were busy with Staff stuff so I left it and I gave you another 8 hours to reply back to me you but again you never do this. I will a bit confused why you saw the messaged but you never replied to me so I never wasted any more time and I thought I would just reply with " I am going to ask another member of staff " and something along them lines I said something else like " I was confused why you never messaged me back but that's okay." I really gave you a lot of time to do Staff things and what not and I saw you being active on the forums so really overall I was kind of pissed that my message really just looked at and said meh to like really? 

Suggestions for improvement: I think what you can do for the future is if you are busy with anything and you can't reply to any message but stay on the forums just don't be on the forums/website at all until you have time to do things, But the biggest thing that confused me was you looked at you profile a couple of time in that 13 hour time period, You might have forgotten that my message was there but if would have taken seconds to reply to me inside on leaving it 13 hour's. Like you said you were busy with things but you still had time to look at your profile? Overall @Aiko Just in the future try and reply quicker with an answer that would have took you seconds to write.

Sorry if i come across about Pissed/Salty but i am not going to lie it annoys me that i was ignored.    

Aiko    649

@Bradley

I am sorry if I am confused on what you are even talking about, but the last message I got from you was you thanking me for a quick response. Which you were talking to me about groups and what not, and again its a team effort on those so it will take a while to get back to them. I do not want to rush into judging groups by myself, when they spend time on these groups. I want to make sure I have more than one set of eyes on them.

If that is what you are referring to then I thought I answered that in my response to you. I am unsure if you sent a new one, or if it was on the same message as the last. But I did not get it, or I am blind. I can show you the PM and my inbox if you so wish. I am sorry that I have missed your message and that isn't my intention to ignore someone usually. Most of the time its a misunderstanding when that happens.

Also, with getting and receiving a fair amount of PM's daily its hard to keep track of who I have responded to and who I haven't.

But if you wont mind I will also like to give you some feedback of your own if I might. In the newcomers guide which I will link below. Stats that you should go to a support member of team before a admin if you want a response in a timely manner. 

Capture1.PNG

Thank you for the feedback though, and Ill try and keep a eye on it better next time.

Castiel    1124

Link to the situation:

I understand the need in this report to find and post the logs in order to check for combat logging, maybe even at a stretch I could see why you want the accused POV (not really necessary) but what does the OP's plan regarding his hostage matter in regard to the report? The video shows clear as day that he initiated on him and got shot. There is absolutely no need to ask questions here it's right in front of you, this only draws out the report unnecessarily when it should have been closed as soon as a Staff member saw the video. No matter what his answer is to your question it does not change the outcome nor the facts. You are an Admin and have more than enough authority to close a report when it's obvious there are no rules broken. I don't see this as a false report. (I assume this is why you are asking him this unnecessary question?) - seeing you ask this line of questioning which changes nothing makes you appear (to me) as someone who is for lack of a better word ignorant to the way reports are handled and how people are supposed to be questioned in them, which makes me further doubt your position as a leader of this community.

Suggestions for improvement: Be more assertive in your role. There is no need to pursue this report and you as the highest rank of Staff should know this immediately after watching the footage. If you do not know what to do, ask a more experienced Staff member for help. This is not my first time leaving you feedback for a similar thing and I hope you will use this feedback to improve.

Aiko    649

@Castiel along with the others who agree with him. Thank you for the feedback, and I will take what you say into consideration moving forward.

Yet I do not completely agree with you on this subject.

As an Admin yes I can make choices and be more assertive, having just closed the report. That would have accomplished, in my eyes, nothing and he would have learned nothing with me simply closing the report. I could have left him a closing statement, but I wanted to understand why he felt like he was wronged. You always have to get both sides of the story, even if it's clear as day. It's not fair to me, to close it and not understand it from his point of view.

This is why I, myself, can look at things from every perspective and not judge a book by its cover. Sure I might have a different approach to things, ask odd questions here and there. Yet that is what makes me different, and I do not see why that is a bad thing. I am not one to rush things, and rather get to know why people feel certain ways about things. 

It's a reason, I think, I am more approachable easier to talk to. I won't judge someone by their past deeds, whether bad or good. 

I would rather help someone learn, and grow than simply shove it in their face and yell at them for making a mistake. I can scold them, yes, but it would mean more to them and I am sure others as well if I understand where they are coming from as well. So thank you Castiel and anyone else who felt this way about it, for showing me what you see from your eyes. Thank you for the feedback yet, I would request that you try and see things from all angles as well. If you have more questions send me a PM, thank you again for the feedback and I will work it.

Mamba    0

Link to the situation:

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A, I suppose.

Feedback: First of all , Rolles status updates do not reach the whole community. Only people who FOLLOW Rolle can see them. Most people here do not follow Rolle.  Using a status update as the gospel is not the correct way to do things , the correct way to do things would be to put up an announcement similar to other rule changes in the community.

That's not what I am here for , not really. I am here because of your closing statement. "You also did insult someone if they reported it, and should also know better than posting anything that could possibly offend someone. Be it lyrics, video, or a picture." . <---This is bullshit.  This is a gaming community built up of different people from different demographics and different walks of life. You can't just lump everyone into one ball and say , hey if you offend anyone you get warning points. Let's face it , people will not always like each other , or agree with each other , or even "like" what other people post. I can post a picture of a rabbit and somebody in this community could have had their whole family murdered by a swarm of fucking rabbits, but it doesn't make my rabbit picture offensive.

Let's call it what it really is...salt. The inability for somebody to look at something and not like it , but have the ability to turn their cheek and ignore it , like a mature adult. Because that's life. There is going to be some shit that you don't like about other people , and guess what? There is no report button in real life.  

Per the rules of the community the verdict in the appeal is correct, but you guys need to realize that their is an ignore feature. If people don't like what others are posting , they should just block them. It's really that simple.  Fact is you will always have somebody "especially in this community" being offended over nothing , and try to make mountains out of mole hills.

Suggestions for improvement: Overall I think you are a good staff member, but I would focus on improving your grammar in verdicts. It just appears that they are hastily written to get done , and not at all considered or spell checked.

I would also like the staff team in general to be a bit more lenient with what we say and do , because at the moment it just feels like we're all one meme away from the promised land.

AndreyQ    0

Link to the situation: ask the admins thread and discussions on the forums

Any supporting evidence or notes: ^

Feedback: Looking over the ask the admin thread today I barely saw any involvement from you. All the questions directed towards the admin team have been answered by Oliv. In fact, you answered only one question ever since you became an admin. Moving on to the other part of the forums, I see almost no involvement from you in any discussion. The only person that does pop up is Oliv. I understand that being an admin is not an easy task but interacting with the community and talking about the issues they have is a must if you want to actually improve this place.

Suggestions for improvement: Get involved more in discussions and questions towards the admin team

Aiko    649

Thank you for the feedback @Andrey and I will try and be more aware of Admin questions. Yet for the discussions I understand that you feel, and others as well feel I should chime in. Just like everyone, I like to discus what I like to discus. If something doesn't interest me, then it doesn't. If a thread is getting out of hand I do not enjoy adding my opinion. As I have told may others as I will now tell you. That I wont post something in a suggestion or discussion if its something that to me is a toxic thread. When most of my post will be looked at as a silly staff member, and it will be brushed aside. I know it sounds bad to say this, I get it, but that is how I feel and I am sorry that isn't going to change. I will show up here and there in forums I enjoy, that aren't in my eyes toxic and will lead to a discussion instead of a back and forth. She said, he said..staff is biased and so on. Sometimes weighing in, when I hardly do can also be seen as me really taking a thread seriously instead of thinking that its just another salty thread. Not all of them are like that, and if its a well thought out thread I might comment if it peaks my interest. By no means, am I saying the suggestions or discussions are bad. Its just my way of looking at them and responding. When issues and discussions can that are so to say, conflicting. If people go about it in the right way and act mature I will respond. I know, that sounds bad to say from an admin. That is my honest opinion, and I am sure that it will upset people.

Now besides that, I would like to mention that a lot more goes into being a Admin than answering the Admin questions and taking part in discussion. We were recently informed that, we needed to step up in the appeal section. I agree, and I do agree with the admin questions as well. Yet, just because you do not see me around the forums does not mean inactive. I know you didn't mention this, but that is what you make it seem honestly. So I will say, that I do a very good amount of WL along with handling a good bulk of email/support requests. I also have been helping in ban appeals here and there, and doing a lot of the research into them. I am rather active in TS, and speak with community members a lot there. Socializing where I can, and popping into the HD as well to help out. I also get many PM's asking simple questions that I try and answer, and I also try and give myself free time to relax. So yes, as you said being a admin is rather taxing to say the least.

I will work on some things which will be the admin questions. With the discussions when I see the community trying to work with us instead of against us, and again that is my feelings on the matter harsh it might be, that is when you will see me more involved.

Thank you and if you wish to PM feel free. ^_^

Castiel    1124

Link to the situation:

The post above this.

https://gyazo.com/3cb6543153ea3994d4b00fd2b72e2481

First of all I am quite astonished with what you've written above. I completely understand that you only feel like taking part in discussions that you are interested in but what do you mean with this:

I wont post something in a suggestion or discussion if its something that to me is a toxic thread.

I'm sorry but, what? You have been called into multiple threads asking for your opinion on the matter and have completely ignored them. Here are some examples:

http://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/81597-is-offending-someone-a-rulebreak/
http://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/80720-war-forum/

Along with several other threads which I cannot find that I know for a fact that you as well as other Admins have been tagged to get your opinion and time and time again you choose to ignore the community. I personally saw you view the war forum thread and yet did not get a response even though you were tagged. The same goes for several threads which have been made in-which mistakes made by you and members of the team you work with on reports/appeals are pointed out and you choose to hide behind your signature and not respond, case in-point was the report in-which Wumby was banned. Same for threads on Staff forums and internal feedback by myself and others which you chose to ignore.

You are called into these threads for your opinion as a Staff member. As an Admin. As a leader of the community. To say these threads, questions and concerns are "toxic" and "salty" is incredibly unprofessional of you and honestly leaves a disgusting taste in my mouth to read that coming from someone who is supposed to be a leader of the community. This only leads me to further believe that you are not able to handle the responsibility behind your badge. Nobody called your activity into question so I'm unsure why you seemed to babble on about that when nobody was questioning it. Same goes for your response to my previous feedback (above) you seem to turn away from the subject and talk about other things, I'm not sure why but you do. Not every response has to be an essay. Sometimes a simple "thank you for your feedback" will suffice instead of flipping yourself into defence mode and calling community members and their discussions "toxic" or "salty" just because they point our mistakes made by yourself and others. Like I said in my feedback on the Staff forums, when you make a mistake you need to own up to it and explain yourself and your decisions. When you ignore shit like that it makes you look bad, a prime example would be Andrey's question thread above. He was pointing out an appeal verdict by you which made absolutely no sense and you couldn't even respond after being tagged? Why not? Because the thread was "toxic"? I can tell you it wasn't. If a thread is "toxic" it is your job as a Staff member to either close it or issue points accordingly, not just ignore it and hide behind your mistakes. It's sad.

In your response to my previous feedback you say this:

It's a reason, I think, I am more approachable easier to talk to. I won't judge someone by their past deeds, whether bad or good. 

Sorry but... What? How can you consider yourself approachable when you

• Do not respond or answer the community when they ask you for something (Threads linked above)
  • Ignore PMs from community members (here)
  • Hide your channels in TeamSpeak (here) and ignore community members when they ask for help on TS (here)

All of these things are the direct opposite of "approachable" and how an Admin should be. As a leader of the community it is your responsibility to do not only your Admin duties i.e whitelists, support tickets, emails, appeals - but also to get involved in discussions with the community. If someone is a little heated in a thread due to a mistake that you made that doesn't mean they're "toxic" or "salty". Nobody is "working against you" as you seem so adamant to claim. The people who bring up these concerns do so because they want this place to be run correctly and efficiently. Why? Because they have given thousands of hours of their free time and hundreds of dollars of their hard earned money to keep this place afloat. So nobody is out to get you.

Get off your high horse.

When the Admins took you into a channel and asked if you wanted to go red you should have thought about the responsibility that comes with the role and not just the badge and power. You are a community member just as much as me or the whitename who signed up 15 minutes ago. Since joining Staff you've posted only about 500 times in 6+months, this is something you need to work on. Get yourself more involved in discussions whether you consider them "toxic" or not and show your face a little more. Also you really need to work on your grammar as mentioned by Mamba above.

I do not expect nor want a response from you. Only that you take this feedback into account and actually listen to it instead of brushing it aside as "just another toxic community member who is working against me". Improve.

Hebee    2679

Link to the situation: In game activitiy

Any supporting evidence or notes: eb34fc0ba7723beaac1ae9f9dc53f34d.png 

Feedback: This activity is fairly low for a person in position of power in this community, it should be expected that anyone who deals with and punishes in game / ooc rule breaks or drama within the community or has any influence on the staff team at all should have some form of activity in game. This assures that a quality standard for role play to staffs expectations is being kept by having your presence in game, and just keeps you in the general loop so you are aware with what is going on within the community beyond your staff walls.

Suggestions for improvement: Get in game

Hebi Kotei    350
Posted (edited)

Link to the situation:

N/A

Your Posts Any supporting evidence or notes:

Here are some facts and figures (since the 1st April 2017 to the time of writing):

• You have made a total of 26 posts (approx. 1.08333333 posts per day)
  • 1 of which was on a forum game
  • 21 of which are in Appeals
  • 4 of which are found in the general forums

There will be 2 main points to this feedback:

• Forum Activity
  • TeamSpeak Activity

Forum Activity:

We'll start here, while there is improvement compared to the time beforehand I can honestly say this is not enough. It may seem like enough but I'll explain it a bit a more as we go on. 

You have made 5 posts outside the appeals section of the forums, this is quite small indeed and there needs to be more outreach. You seem to underestimate the power of communicating with the community, not that you partake in such a practice anyway. Communication is vital, when talking to staff and non-staff alike, they allow you to talk about current issues and make friends outside of staff, enables you to find out whats broken and what may definitely need a fix. As an admin this is partly your responsibility to help fix things in the rules, procedure and other things within the community, as much as any other admin. The lack in this I find quite disturbing from someone in a position of admin, such as yourself. You are an admin, your input is as needed as any other to be perfectly honest.

21 of your posts are in appeals. The majority of your appeals are practically copy & pasted information and simple appeals to solve (with a few exceptions), and very few of them are you actually solving the appeal, the majority of that is left to your fellow admins it seems. This is simply not okay, I wouldn't trust an admin who wouldn't show their presence on the forums if I was still in staff, and I also wouldn't trust you to tell me how to do my job either, however little there is actually on display that is strictly your own. One of your appeals, specifically this one, is one of your better appeals by far, it is more complex, it gets to the point, there is reasoning and most of it, from what I can see, is not the stuff I  and others have seen on the forums multiple times. I would want to see more stuff like this compared to what you currently do.

TeamSpeak Activity:

I must ask you a question, Where are you? I and others barely see you on TeamSpeak, and when we do, we see you in the helpdesk for no more than 2 hours out of a whole week and then poof you're gone for a while again. I do not find this at all okay, if you cannot contribute to your role as an admin and sit in helpdesk for more than a few hours and also start interacting with the community then why are you here? Going around on TeamSpeak and interacting with community members is something I wish I could've done a lot more as a GM, a lot more, it is something I should've done and it is still something your peers in the staff team is performing far better than you, and it is painfully obvious to a lot of people.

This feedback only takes into consideration of what I can see as a community member and is by no means at all a full picture, however I do find some of the points I brought up to be quite disturbing due to the fact that you are an admin. If you cannot be bothered to show presence in the community and interact with us filthy community peasants then step down, it is a big part of your job and I as well as other believe that it is far better than just reading some character backstories and solving whitelists all the time, if you even go that far at the moment. All that you do is really stuff a monkey could be told to do, I would really try to expand, or at least replace some of the anime viewership with some admin work.

"Promotions are not a change in responsibility, they are an expansion of responsibility" - Rolle 2016

• Activity on the forums and TeamSpeak need a big pick me up
  • Tackle more difficult appeals and display the younger staff members what it means to be an admin and show them how it is done, distribute it equally among the team
  • Interact with the community
  • If you can only focus on clicking a few boxes and simple appeals then you are taking a position which someone could easily do as much and beyond what you do currently.

I do not want a response, just think about it.

Edited by Hebi Kotei

Hebee    2679
Posted (edited)

Link to the situation: "N/A"

Any supporting evidence or notes: "N/A"

Feedback : I have noticed you have been more active in discussions, reports and bane apples. While it is not astronomical activity it is still a lot better than before, and I am sure you are doing things behind the scenes that I cannot see. Keep up the good work the team needs more active admins (unlike that inactive guy @Jamie)

Suggestions for improvement: Iunno there is always room for more activity so you could do more things but then again the community in it's current state isn't that busy so hyper activity isn't all that needed. ACTUALLY - quit with the weeb shit. No one likes weebs.

Edited by Hebee
Keyboard fell, posted before I was ready reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Link to the situation:N/A

Feedback: Had a problem logging into server, turned out my name was too long to join under same as forum character. Tried his best to help, wasn't good enough but found some more knowledgeable admin who was able to resolve the issue so now assumed legendary status in my mind. 

Suggestions for improvement:Brain transplant 

Feedback: I didn't post any links because my feedback is based on already documented feedback replies here along with my own experiences so I didn't feel it necessary to add my own to give a suggestion.

Please try to be more tactful with your responses to community members. I don't know you personally or what experience you have in a professional environment but based on your interaction(s) with myself and other community members I implore you to make an attempt to be more cordial and less confrontational in your interactions with community members.

Even if the comment, post or remark from a community member was perceived to be mean spirited or rude, please try to respond as though it was a miscommunication and reply tactfully.

Avoid using ultimatums in replies, if a community member needs to correct behavior try responding with ways the community member can improve and provide resources that they can look to for examples or help. Now I'm using this as an example, not saying you said this: "Don't KOS again or you're Banned!!" Could be replaced with, "It has been brought to our attention that an accusation of breach of conduct within the game has been committed by you against another community member. [Incident of breach], the following disciplinary action has been taken against your account as a result [Action taken]. We suggest that you take a moment to look over the following to help you improve not only your experience but th experience of other community members [Link resource(s)]. If you disagree with our decision we are always willing to consider appeals and encourage you to do so if you feel wrongly accused. You may begin the appeal process here [Link to appeal process].

Best Regards,

[Appropriate name/title]"

The above example is by no means a catch all but serves as something to work off of to sound more professional and credible to a community member that might be otherwise put off by a response that lacks tact or consideration to their feelings. I understand that it can be easy at times to forget that there are people on the other side of the screen reading replies but please keep this in mind when yourself and other staff members respond to community members in an official capacity.

Thank You

Aiko    649

@NebulousCass

Seeing as no one else knows what this is about, I will leave it as is. It is up to you to tell others of where the feedback came from. That being said I will explain a little something.

In this community we have many people of different opinions, nationalities, and everything you can name here. Because of this you will get a wide variety of different responses depending on whom is answering your questions. We are not a business, I volunteer here and play here just as everyone else does. I have a personality just as everyone else here does, and that shows in my work just as it shows in other staff members work. Just as I am sure it shows in what you do as well. People will come across as "mean" and or how you portray them.

To be frank, when I responded to your email you should have not taken it to heart of what I said. I get that asked to me many times, and many times I have had to tell people the same thing. An some simply will not take the soft approach you asked me to take with them. An by my standards, I am one of the nicer Admins on this site. Again that is my opinion, as I know the other admins and I love them to bits. But I know that they can come across as well "unprofessional" as many like to call them.

Yet, to me, its simply how they run things and do things. Its not a bad thing and shouldn't be treated as such. How they want to do things is all up to them, and I wont judge them for that. Just as they don't judge me for how I want to handle anything either. This goes for supports, Mods, and GMs. As long as the job gets done, it gets done. If it becomes a problem than we handle it as staff does. If you have a problem with how I handle things, you are more than welcome to take it up with the site owner himself Rolle.

Now I will give some advice, if you wish for something to come of the email you sent. Its best to make that kind of thing into a suggestion thread and see if others agree. Than it might happen. But please keep in mind, posting whitelist questions on the forums will get it snipped. So find a way to do it without that happening. ^_^ Then we might look into it more.

If you wish to talk more, feel free to PM me.

Hunter    51

Any supporting evidence or notes:N/A

Feedback:Pretty good admin! Very responsive to questions and friendly to members of the community (that is unless they say something about disliking weebs or anime). Overall though, never had a bad experience with you and anytime I've needed your help with anything, you helped swiftly and clearly.

Suggestions for improvement: Needs more anime?