Server time: 2017-08-20, 00:05

Sign in to follow this  
Lyca

Staff Feedback: Lyca

Lyca    678

Leave Staff Feedback for me here in this thread!

I will try to improve and work harder in the future.

Don't forget to use the template. :)

Hebee    2216

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)

http://www.dayzrp.com/forums/forum/54-reports/

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

f51bbc28e94a72eac8d94feb29466b1d.png

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Now, this is not necessarily only at you, however I have seen you online in teamspeak most of the night, so I will post it here and I am sure you will circulate it throughout the GM team. 

These four reports have been up for as few as two - to as many as 8 hours. The first three on the top have no call ins what so ever or logs posted. It is always important to get logs posted, and people called in as soon as possible. Now I can understand not wanting to do them right away, however if you procrastinate and do not do them they will build up like this even when the servers are as slow as they are. In this time people can unknowingly delete crucial video evidence if they are not called in, mix up details so on so forth. It is never acceptable to let reports sit this long without a shred of attention paid to them. 

I would like to remind you that I am not specifically targeting you, rather the whole GM team. As of course I realize it is a team effort this is just the only place I feel like posting it. 

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Get logs and call ins done asap, do not let reports sit around like this without any attention what so ever. Pretty simple. 

Lyca    678

Hey Hebee!

You're absolutely right when you are saying that the reports should have been dealt with quicker. I completely agree with you.

You can be sure that I will pass that to the other GM's.

While I know that you're not targeting me in specific I still want to say that I was ingame the whole night. ^_^ But as soon as I got offline I was working on the report section. Also the logs have been pulled for the other reports you mentioned.

Thank you for your feedback! It is much appreciated!

Skinner    435

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help 
demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

Verdict

The attention to detail and the professional nature of the report verdicts really stands out as of late. This one in particular impressed me, although this feedback is just as relevant to (most of) the rest of the GM team. I particularly appreciate how the verdict is so well structured, breaking down the exact accused and rule break being addressed, as well as individual time-stamps and an explanation on each time-stamp's effect on the verdict.

The detailed structure of the verdict, as well as the respectful and professional tone are a perfect example of everything this community expects of the GM's. I know a lot of staff has been getting shit on the past few weeks, and I think everyone is in unanimous agreement that past events could have been handled better by all parties involved, I'm glad to see the direction things have been moving the past few days, and I'm happy that the staff team still clearly strives for excellence.

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

There are some examples of grammatical errors or less than perfect English such as here:

You probably meant "If he wouldn't have dropped the report you likely could have been found guilty." There are a small handful of similar cases, all of them are very minor. My wife is from the Dominican Republic and she didn't learn any English until she moved here as a teenager, so as far as I'm concerned as long as I'm able to understand what she means to say, that's fine with me. However, when I hear her speak to someone like on a job interview, I want to make sure she gets it right. Same thing with you in the reports, I'm sure in most cases your meaning is clear, but since you run the verdict by other GM's I would expect them to step up and let you know when you've used the wrong word. It's a team effort.

As Hebee pointed out above I'm sure you all could respond a little quicker, call in quicker, pull logs quicker, but at the end of the day the fact that you and the other GM's actually have an In-Game presence is commendable. The fact that I'm sitting here asking GM's to do a better job at spell-checking verdicts bodes pretty damn well.

Lyca    678

Hey Matt924,

First of all thank you for your kind words.

I will keep up the effort I put into my staff work and I will continue to improve my English skills. I already noticed that I got much better since I joined the community and especially since I am in staff I improved a lot because my fellow staff are helping me a lot when I have questions regarding that.

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is much appreciated! :) 

Hebee    2216

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

You shot and killed Kian Parker who was entering Rogovo completely unarmed and therefore he wasn't a threat at any point. He didn't take part of the firefight and hence you didn't have any kill rights on him. The latest confirmed shot was 5-6 minutes beforehand and the OP didn't hear any shots in the town so he couldn't be aware of the situation. Since this can still be considered an active firefight we will be aggravating that rather just punishing you with a standard KoS.

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.) In this situation you decided to be lenient on him, not aggravate it as standard invalid kill (KoS) is a seven day punishment.  While I do not agree with the verdict anyway (a 5 day when it should be 2 days and 5 points) I do think that if you are going to hand out the punishment you should not say you are aggravating it when you are doing the exact opposite. 

Just be careful of wording in the future make sure that when you are being lenient you are doing so because of extenuating circumstances, and not saying that you are aggravating it.

Dusty    1044

Link to the situation: http://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/83128-kos-killing-a-complaint-person/?do=findComment&comment=1527620

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: It wasn't necessary to call in 15 people into a report that at most only required 2 people to be called in. You can pull logs to show that it was a fight without calling everyone in.

Right now, there seems to be a bad habit by the GMs of letting reports sit untouched or ready for verdict for days on end. This report will now take much much longer than it needed to. 

Suggestions for improvement: Read the situation in the original post to help with the logs. As I said, the only people needed would be me and the OP, and by reading the OP, that would've been very clear.

Lyca    678

Hey Dusty,

To be honest, you are right. I just pulled these logs to prove that there was a firefight and when I think back I shouldn't have called everyone in.

I can't change it now anymore. But I know it for next time. I am sorry, I created more work for everyone.

SmartyyZ    152

-User was cautioned for this post!-

Hebee    2216

Link to the situation: In game activity

Any supporting evidence or notes: 121.8 hrs last two weeks

Feedback: you are in game the most out of any staff member that I can see their profile. This is an extreme amount of time and while that is a good thing I do not see you as actively on the forums as one would expect to see an admin. 

Suggestions for improvement: I would probably get in game a little less, do a little more staff work as this is astonishing numbers for a staff member to have for in game played time.

Lyca    678

Hey Hebee!

Thank you for your feedback! And you're right. At the moment I still try to get used to all of the new work.

In the future you will see more work done in the forum.

Shiro    118

N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help 
demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

N/A

Dear Lyca, It has to be said but I am noticing that you  lady have heart for the community and are trying to be there. Yesterday you stayed around 6am in the morning and i noticed you back at noon. 
Constantly dealing with problems and trying to be there for all doing both admin work but also community related jobs. Keep it up!

Please don't burn out, delicate and don't be afraid to ask for help. You can't do everything yourself. 

Link to the situation: N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: What sort of a guy would I be if I didn't compliment all of the people who've helped me today? You helped me gain a better understanding as well as Chewy  on why I wasn't originally whitelisted, however you provided some great help for me AND you got a Support member who I poured my heart out to compliment him. I wouldn't have got good support if it wasn't for you so thank you so much for that.

Suggestions for improvement: N/A